blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:40:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Bawbags do Vegas
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bawbags do Vegas  (Read 101005 times)
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2010, 11:26:46 PM »

It's the north tower at Bally's that has been refurbished.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2010, 11:31:23 PM »

Can anyone tell me how common Guinness on draught is in the Vegas of Las?

I am extremely picky about drinking Guinness outside of Ireland, However in the Nine Fine Irishmen at NYNY the barman listened to me and filled it correctly and I spent a nice 10 hours there drinking the blonde in the black dress.

Lol

Ive never understood the whole Guinness in Ireland is so much better argument. Ive drank it in Dublin/Belfast neither really stood out as much tastier than the DTD pints. You get bad pints here and there yeah but I dont think it travels as badly as people make out!

Plus arent you that crazy guy who takes a pretty nice bottle of Corona, removes the lime thereby turning it into cat's piss?  Wink

you really dont know what your talking about do you?

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2010, 11:33:42 PM »

I've stayed at the Luxor - I'd give it a miss. Rooms weren't really good value for money compared to other places I've stayed, and location isn't great.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2010, 11:38:05 PM »

It's the north tower at Bally's that has been refurbished.

You're correct, that is where we stayed the North tower not the South, and we tipped the concierge $20 to get a decent room.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:48:41 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2010, 11:53:52 PM »

I am extremely picky about drinking Guinness outside of Ireland, However in the Nine Fine Irishmen at NYNY the barman listened to me and filled it correctly and I spent a nice 10 hours there drinking the blonde in the black dress.

Lol

Ive never understood the whole Guinness in Ireland is so much better argument. Ive drank it in Dublin/Belfast neither really stood out as much tastier than the DTD pints. You get bad pints here and there yeah but I dont think it travels as badly as people make out!

Plus arent you that crazy guy who takes a pretty nice bottle of Corona, removes the lime thereby turning it into cat's piss?  Wink

As suggested it may be the fact I drink so much I dont know what Im drinking let alone what im talking about. Wink

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
mike saban

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2010, 12:14:20 AM »

Stayed at the Luxor on our first visit, place was ok but the location was just too far out of the way. Second time round we stayed at Planet Hollywood, much better room, spot on location and price good too, infact I couldn't fault it and would stay there again.

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2010, 12:15:20 AM »

Lol

As suggested it may be the fact I drink so much I dont know what Im drinking let alone what im talking about. Wink

Grin

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2010, 12:40:13 AM »

Suite at the Pallazo if you got the $

cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2010, 07:39:40 AM »

As I said book somewhere now through one of the hotels websites that's fully refundable and have that as a saver,most places you can cancel within 48hrs,then just jump on a deal you fancy closer to the time.Offers come up all the time,more likely 2-3 months before your dept you really can get a bargin If you kept you eyes on fatwallet/smartervegas etc

shy bairns get nowt
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2010, 08:29:16 AM »

BAM is off here, we are awaiting the trip report before we book it up.

;sguiaheruhguia\hrewg

From that website im assuming were talking $5k a week per person?

I wish I could pretend to be Balla but no it is $2k all in for the week - there are deals to be done at the moment.

(did I mention I'm going Friday?)

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »

BAM is off here, we are awaiting the trip report before we book it up.

;sguiaheruhguia\hrewg

From that website im assuming were talking $5k a week per person?

I wish I could pretend to be Balla but no it is $2k all in for the week - there are deals to be done at the moment.

(did I mention I'm going Friday?)

It looks amazing Brian.  Enjoy the trip!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2010, 09:09:40 AM »

Re. Bally's Stu, it's not what it appears to be in the brochures altough the location is excellent.

Red and I moved out after a day or so; the decor is tiring, the air-con didn't work and the beds were lumpy.

Thanks Ralph

Just talking to the Greek one about it now.

We seem to be veering towards - Planet Hollywood, Mirage or Ive just noticed that the Luxor looks quite nice?

Anyone stayed in the Luxor?

Yes and no you don't want to

def not!

Ballys is OK - one of teh towers (south iirc) has been fully refurbed in teh last 3 years or so - get in them if yo ugo to ballys.

I stayed there for 2 weeks - trust me its fine

are you now not coming?

:S

I fully intend to come mate - but too many more 15 buy in down swings playing rush might kill it (got 8 back last night which was something of a relief)!

havent quite mentioned it to shelley yet -but cant see it being tooo much of a stumbling block
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:03:08 AM by outragous76 » Logged

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2010, 09:56:40 AM »

If I was to stay on the Strip again it would be PH...great sports bar (blondies!) and Earl of Sandwich menu took a battering.

PH Poker room is small but use hotel as base to do the CP/ Bellagio/Venetian circuit.

Love downtown tho' GN is good standard and poker rooms close to it are OK. Plan is to go during WSOP to do the Binions mini WSOP festival (hospital permitting).

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »

If I was to stay on the Strip again it would be PH...great sports bar (blondies!) and Earl of Sandwich menu took a battering.

PH Poker room is small but use hotel as base to do the CP/ Bellagio/Venetian circuit.

Love downtown tho' GN is good standard and poker rooms close to it are OK. Plan is to go during WSOP to do the Binions mini WSOP festival (hospital permitting).

reason enough to stay at PH mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »

Can someone give me an insight into getting comped?

Heard pleny of stories about if you gamble a lot in the hotel your staying, when you come to check out your bill is greatly reduced.

Is this true? How much are we talking?

Reason I ask is there appears to be some good deals on booking.com, do I miss out on this compping if I dont book with the hotel direct? Is it worth worrying about?

We seem to be down to Mirage or Planet Hollywood.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: