blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  £500+40 Main Event London Poker Masters at the Internaitonal
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: £500+40 Main Event London Poker Masters at the Internaitonal  (Read 6011 times)
AgentChip109

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:40:00 AM »

hey guys

i am looking to play the main event of the London Poker Masters at The International card club on the 6th March
i am buying in for £324 (60%) so am looking to sell 40% at £54 per 10%

The tournament
the tournament has a starting stack of 12000 chips with a 60minute clock and is a 2 day event starting on saturday 6th march at 3pm
the structures for all the festivals comps can be found here http://www.gutshot.com/bforum/showthread.php?t=34721

About me
i am predominantly an online mtt player on full tilt but also have a cash roll on pacific. however, poker is not my main job, (i live and work in london) so as a result i rarely get chances to play 2day comps such as this. i would like to travel to places like dtd more often but i often work at weekends and its always a lot of hassle to travel up from london plus all the expenses make these trips a lot more damaging
i have though played the dtd £300 twice, once bubbling in 28th and the other time busting a few hours before the end of day 2.
but as the international is 10mins from where i live i have decided to try to play this comp (like i said about working weekends, im due to work that weekend, so will book time off if i can find backers).
as i said, i play mainly online, so here is my opr

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/fulltiltpoker/Edgy811/poker/results/58728E1DD4AD46DFBD78E57EC73BA37A.html?t=2

below i have also posted my sharkscope graphs from full tilt and party poker (though i havent played on party for about 18months)

i would prefer bank transfer but am happy to do full tilt transfer

ask any questions here or pm me
thanks

James

Edgy811 - Party, Full Tilt, Pokerstars
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 02:15:10 AM »

Good proposal mate.

I'll have 10% pls - cash on day ok?

I'll be playing. If not I'll ship u via banking before then

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 03:45:32 AM »

yo. 20% pls. bank xfer sounds grand. pm me details
AgentChip109

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 07:52:14 PM »

hey guys, thanks for ur interest

greekstein - 10% - cash on the day is cool
dousche - 20% - will pm bank details in a bit, am at work at the moment, cheers mate

10% still remaining

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 09:59:30 PM »

think i will take the last 10% my friend send me your bank stuff and i will ship soon
AgentChip109

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »

cool, cheers mate

pm's sent

so greekstein 10%
dousche 20%
leedsrhodesy 10%

will keep an update on here to let u know how i do

thanks again

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 10:03:50 PM »

decent proposal, pm b4 posting next time please.

810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 10:36:58 PM »

decent proposal

dont bother PM'in b4 next time thou

Smiley

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
AgentChip109

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 08:58:44 AM »

lol cheers mate

but tbh it would be too painful handing u over a load of cash as it would tilt me Wink

alex, will give u a shout next time Smiley

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 01:46:05 PM »

GL Bud hope you win it and you ship me some made ones!!!!!
AgentChip109

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 12:32:21 AM »

sighhhhhhhhh, so so dissapointed. just busted about 45th from 120 starters.

will give a little report cos the first 2 hours of this comp were some of the most mental, unreal experience of me playing live

so you start with 12,000 chips, but u are able to pay £10 to get 2k more, so essentially everyone starts wiv 14,000 at 25/50 and an hour clock. as the tournament director shouts shuffle up and deal, we are only 5 handed and utg raises to 125. im on the button and say hello to  . wow first hand aces, i make it 525 and he calls.
flop comes a tasty    and he checks. i cbet 700 and he calls. turn  and he checks i bet 2000, he says 'omg am i gonna go out first hand' and he moves all in!! yes, he moves all in first hand and i have the nuts!! i quickly check that i do infact have the nuts and call, for him to show 55. most people havent sat down and ive doubled up!!
then about 20mins later theres 4 limpers and joe grech makes it 400. i look at  in the sb and 3 bet to 1125. he flats and we see an  flop. yuck. it goes check check. turn is a  and i think i make the mistake of betting 1500. he calls and i check fold a  river for him to show 
next significant hand i flat a 150 raise wiv 1010 as does the button. bb makes it 600 more. i call and button whose a mate of mine comes along. the flop is 8 7 4 and the bb checks. pretty sure he doesnt have overpair now as he doesnt seem the type to check it there. im worried my mate is all over this flop but i decide to bet 1225 to see wots going on. button folds and bb looks like he wants to fold but then throws in the call. im pretty confused cos i think he really cant have ak, so i pretty much decide im gonna try check this down. turn is a 5 and we both check. river is a gross K and he leads 2000. i just cant put him on a hand, but i make the mistake of calling and he shows AK

now i move tables and am now seated 3 seats to the right of karl marenholz and i have a  stack of 20k. now this is where it gets interesting. 3 hands in i look at  utg and make it 275 at 50/100. i recieve 4 callers but my bet on the low flop takes it down. i decide to show them to try and establish an image at my new table. next hand im bb and karl opens to 250. button flats and well hellloooooooo i have  for the second hand in a row. mbn right. i 3 bet to 900 and only karl calls. the flop comes another nice one for me of  . i cbet 1325 and he thinks and calls. now ive never played karl b4, but im aware hes a v good player and he could well be floating me wiv nothing here, so i decide to check the turn thinking he will either bluff or make some thin value bet. but he check back and i bet 2625 on river which he dwells for an age and calls. i table my hand and the table are pretty shocked ive managed AA twice in a row.

so next hand im in the sb, folded to the button who limps. i lokk down, well hellooooooooooooooooo there  !!. i mean wtf is going on. ive just been dealt aces 3 times in a row!! i make it 400 and the button calls. lol at this flop of  . top set again, mbn. i c bet 600, he calls. but now the turn is  . now i really dont like this cos it does feel like a flush draw, so i just check call 800. the river blanks and i check again. he bets 1800. im like "would u believe me if i said i had a set of aces". noone does, and i end up calling it off. the table are so shocked i have aces again that i get slowrolled!! the guy has a flush but forgot to say. so that was pretty tilting.

next hand i get AKsuited and lose, next hand i get  on a  x flop and i take that small pot down on flop. now im in the hijack and wot do we have here. only  again!!! seriously, this felt so strange. i make it 275, bb flats and leads on a 9 4 4 flop. i just call, then bet 2k on turn which he calls. hello to the A river but he check folds. i have to show my hand for the comedy value and by now the whole room is hearing asbout me getting aces 4 times in 6 hands!!
now im up to around 35k and we go to a break

first hand back from break, oh shit i only get dealt  . i open 500, sb flats and karl makes it 2400. i 4 bet to 6725 and he lets go. hindsight makes me wish i flat here cos the sb was gonna reshove ak but oh well.

now is the start of my downfall. i say hello to  again about 25mins later. i open 525 and karl flats. flop is  x x, he check calls 975. turn is a blank and i bet 2425, he moves in for 4,7k more or something. he table  and binks the  on the river, sigh

after this i get a bit chipped away, lose a couple of annoying pots, like a guy flatting my raise from bb when i have 66. flop is Q 2 Q check check. turn 9 and he check raises my 1,4k bet to 4k. i dont believe him for a second and call. when the river is a A and he checks im pretty gutted cos now i feel he has showdown value and he tables A7 urghh

so im down to like 20k and then i open to 1050 at 200/400/25 and call an all in of 4,5k more wiv 88, he has 99

im now down to 14k and stick around there for an hour or so. few bits and pieces happen which cant be arsed to write about. at 300/600/50 i open A10 on button for 1500. major agrro young kid in bb sets me in for my last 12k. im ahead of so much of his range here, but i dwell for a while b4 calling it off for him to show 33 and we dont get there

sorry i didnt go further guys. so dissapointed after the start i had and thanks for the stake. hopefully do better next time

Micko

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 12:46:31 PM »

Actually thought this was a level lol

Some sick hands you were dealt ul.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:01:51 PM by Micko » Logged
marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 02:27:14 PM »

wow aces so many times... sigh i never get aces live  Sad
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 02:32:18 PM »

unlucky buddy i was reading the update on the gutshot site, Anymore stakings drop me an email again and give me a 2nd chance
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: