blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:21:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 691887 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #4170 on: February 20, 2017, 11:41:35 AM »

Homeland is back on c4, love it, like the way they have kept it fresh by progressing the characters lives in different directions rather than repeating the same storyline season after season.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: February 21, 2017, 12:30:50 AM »

SS-GB made its debut last night on the Beeb.

It'd been getting a substantial amount of promotion throughout the organisation, so I flicked it on in high anticipation. I was not disappointed.

I thought the production design team did a great job in recreating London locations of the 1940's - although I did note an absence of bomb damage. The premise is that we lost the Battle of Britain in 1940 and the Germans achieved a relatively bloodless victory. Can't say I recall seeing Sam Riley's acting skills before, but he is an excellent lead in this detective drama that draws you in on so many different levels. I feel that they've moulded credible characterisations of all the English and German protaganists, including the simmering evil of the senior SS officer deployed to London.

So far, so very good.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: February 26, 2017, 12:26:12 PM »

Recommend watching 13th, available on Netflix, real eye-opener.

Really good programme, agreed. Felt like a good time to remind myself of why movements like Black Lives Matter have a crucial role in trying to achieve real equality. Pretty damning listening to trumps rhetoric in terms of the discrimination continuum.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: February 26, 2017, 12:46:56 PM »

Really good programme, agreed. Felt like a good time to remind myself of why movements like Black Lives Matter have a crucial role in trying to achieve real equality. Pretty damning listening to trumps rhetoric in terms of the discrimination continuum.

is it a drama? documentary?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: February 26, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »

It'd been getting a substantial amount of promotion throughout the organisation, so I flicked it on in high anticipation. I was not disappointed.

I thought the production design team did a great job in recreating London locations of the 1940's - although I did note an absence of bomb damage. The premise is that we lost the Battle of Britain in 1940 and the Germans achieved a relatively bloodless victory. Can't say I recall seeing Sam Riley's acting skills before, but he is an excellent lead in this detective drama that draws you in on so many different levels. I feel that they've moulded credible characterisations of all the English and German protaganists, including the simmering evil of the senior SS officer deployed to London.

So far, so very good.

Too much mumbling, or maybe I'm going deaf Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: February 26, 2017, 12:57:29 PM »

i thought SS-GB was disappointing too

great premise,but a very dull script. and no i couldn't hear it either!

the Man in a high castle on Amazon takes the same basic conceit and does it much better (so far) in my opinion

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: February 26, 2017, 01:49:43 PM »

is it a drama? documentary?

Well made documentary. Obviously from a singular perspective but quite powerful all the same.

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: February 27, 2017, 10:04:25 PM »

The OJ Simpson documentary Made in America currently available on BBC iplayer is riveting. 3 super chunky parts offering intimate insight into the case and the man, must admit to being goggle eyed throughout, loved it. I mean only in America man. Think it won best documentary at the oscars last night.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4178 on: February 27, 2017, 11:57:43 PM »

The OJ Simpson documentary Made in America currently available on BBC iplayer is riveting. 3 super chunky parts offering intimate insight into the case and the man, must admit to being goggle eyed throughout, loved it. I mean only in America man. Think it won best documentary at the oscars last night.

I watched the case in real time as it happened and was spellbound for weeks.

The older I get, the better I was.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: February 28, 2017, 10:25:44 AM »

Found something called Game of Silence on Amazon a few days ago. It's about a group of guys that reunite after 20 odd years having spent 9 months in a youth detention centre when they were young.   IMDB has a more in depth synopsis.   I'm about half way through and am enjoying it so far.  Worth considering if you need something to watch.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: February 28, 2017, 12:12:07 PM »

So far, so very good.

Too much mumbling, or maybe I'm going deaf Smiley

Shame, that. I forgot to set the timer, so haven't seen the second part yet. And after what I thought was a promising start.

Meanwhile, I haven't missed an episode from the new Homeland series. Never ceases to impress.
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: February 28, 2017, 10:34:18 PM »

Agree with love for The Night Of, really enjoyed that. First episode was gripping and depth of characters was strong. Found the court scenes and ending a little flat. Really wanted a few "Did you order the code red?" style court moments but meh it didn't detract from the overall quality I guess. Oh and agree Sneaky Pete was good fun.

Did they ever explain how the guy was cheating at poker? I was quite disappointed with it overall. Some great acting but the plot wasn't so good. Would have been better off watching The Sting for the 28th time Smiley

That fella was a tech billionaire so not sure why he was cheating at poker at all? or even playing poker. He was so slick at poker he could cheat the experts but still said I raise when he put in a bet. Yea loads of holes but still found it fun and the opening credits were funky.

i thought the whole idea was he wasn't cheating at all they just planted the idea he was cheating to bryan cranston so they could run the con on him

Christopher Brammer
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: March 04, 2017, 06:33:31 PM »

That Idris Elba Fighter is a pretty cool 3 part docu, same as the Freddie Flintoff one just a bit more classy and less northern. Hats off to Luther for doing that...

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: March 06, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »

i thought the new top gear series was much better last night

some dry humour,several chuckles from me and generally an improvement on Evans trying too hard

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: March 06, 2017, 11:11:32 AM »

Agreed on TopGear, made GrandTour look like the pants it is.
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: