blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Corals new non league football coupon
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Corals new non league football coupon  (Read 2929 times)
pokerdave69

YOU ARE THE MAN

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2005, 10:44:57 PM »

Five homes 3/1                                   Four aways 11/2

Boreham Wood                                  Morecambe
Weston Super Mare                            Blyth
Burton Albion                                     Chippenham
Welling Utd                                        Hereford                             
Mangotsfield

Should be a good bet i've had £100 on the homes & £50 on the aways.
Also a another good bet will be Karl Hawley first Goal Scorer for Carlisle And Anthony Elding First Goal Scorer for Stevenage i have had two £20 singles and a £10 Double.

Good Luck

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 10:54:21 PM »

In my long distant past I used to work for a non league side called Colne Dynamoes ... they were a pro club backed and managed by a local multi millionnaire called Graham White ... (ex liverpool player Alan Kennedy played for them)  I worked in the commercial department with Paul Fletcher. ex Bolton player who then went on to become stadium manager for Bolton   and now he is in charge of the wembley stadium.

Anyway, when we were there we had numerous chances to make money on bets, as we knew when players were injured, who was gonna take penalties , when a weakened side was gonna be put out because of upcoming big fixtures etc etc.  but the only bookie that would take a bet was the local one man band in the town ... If only the big boys allowed bets on non league football back then ... i would be rich .. rich I tell ya Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 10:58:21 PM »

I know a good amount about the non league scene as I am a Vice President of Bedford Town, second in the Southern League I'll have you know

Vice President only means in a dim and distant past I gave a few hundred quid towards a new stand

Anyway, I think these are cracking bets

The Mangotsfield, Chippenham and Boreham Wood parts of the coupon I would wholeheartedly agree with

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pokerdave69

YOU ARE THE MAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 11:50:57 PM »

Now i'm going to lower the standards set but you both, I have been watching non league football since i was 7 so 24 years of experience  Cheesy I followed Bromley and only missed 2 games in about 15 years. I made a load of friends including Managers, players and ex players which led to my position of goalkeeping coach for cray wanderers (Ryman League Div 1) which i did for 2 seasons. Now i'm doing nothing and trying to make a little bit of £££ by having bets on the horses (couple of people in the know nudge nudge wink wink) and on non league football although whatever i win i tend to lose at poker only having played for a few months, So if anyone wants to swap some of my tips when i get them and my knowledge of the non league game for some poker lessons i'd be more than happy to oblige. Anyway let's hope the Footie bets come in. Dave
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 12:15:22 AM »

I like the Non League scene. Have a good friend who plays for Enfield Town in Southern League Eastern division and a number of acquaintances at places like Histon, Cambridge City, Barton and Dunstable.

I've never been to Cray or Bromley but have been around the Ryman League from our time going through those leagues in 1996-2003 before we got moved in the reorganisation.

Dave, feel free to continue putting your tips up, horses included after you are on of course.

You certainly won't be the worst tipster on here!!

and I won't be so presumptious as to offer poker lessons in exchange...you need a proper teacher not a fishy one!!

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 12:16:26 AM »

and Kev, Paul Fletcher is a hilarious after dinner speaker, one of the best on the sporting circuit.

My eyes are open wide
smithy69

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 08:46:53 AM »

tightend who do you know at cambs city. i played for them many moons ago when i was 19 (well 5 years ago).

great great club. Histon have done well the past few years aswell. i have to say as a ex semi pro footballer the standard is very good, and paying £6 to watch a game is so much better value than professional games in my opinion.

Thought I had better put a pic of me on here, so you knew what my ugly mug was really like
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 10:42:44 AM »

and Kev, Paul Fletcher is a hilarious after dinner speaker, one of the best on the sporting circuit.

Yes, I have seen him hundreds of times lol , I used to drive him and Comedian Mike King around the north west After dinner circuit ....  Best other speakers that I have seen ... Norman Hunter and Tommy Smith on same bill.. and Frank Worthington was good value.  Now theres a thought for the future ... A Blonde table at a Sportsmans Dinner ??

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 12:27:34 PM »

tightend who do you know at cambs city. i played for them many moons ago when i was 19 (well 5 years ago).

great great club. Histon have done well the past few years aswell. i have to say as a ex semi pro footballer the standard is very good, and paying £6 to watch a game is so much better value than professional games in my opinion.

I know Carl Williams (atually he's just left) and am acquainted with Steve Jackman at Histon, both via my connection with Bedford

My eyes are open wide
smithy69

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 12:37:31 PM »

cool mate

they have a great set up at cambs city

Thought I had better put a pic of me on here, so you knew what my ugly mug was really like
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: