blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 04:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273153 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Mum's not going to Iceland (or anywhere else)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mum's not going to Iceland (or anywhere else)  (Read 17220 times)
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2010, 07:56:15 PM »

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/04/more_from_eyjafjallajokull.html

Check out the pic of the flight near the eruption lol

if they can do it.....

seriously though, looking grim for a lot of people, this

They put some more here.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/04/icelands_disruptive_volcano.html

So much money lost by the airlines, so much made for Icelandic Tourism lol
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2010, 08:53:31 PM »

Hmmm pretty big turnaround all uk airports can open from 10pm even though the MET office still think there is ash over uk airspace.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8633597.stm

edit to add the link.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2010, 08:59:25 PM »

No dictated by BA at all!!!
Finally got through to expedia today. Next available flight was 8th May on premium economy, which were going for £1800 a time. Next economy was 23rd May, so thats when I go. On the brighter side hotel is cheaper then so I got a £27 refund!
GL me with getting the AL
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2010, 10:18:11 PM »

Finally got through to expedia today. Next available flight was 8th May on premium economy, which were going for £1800 a time. Next economy was 23rd May, so thats when I go. On the brighter side hotel is cheaper then so I got a £27 refund!

Where were u flying from and who with? Thats up there with the longest I have seen (I've I've seen a lot in the last three days!)

Still lots more disruption to come - even if a large part of schedules run tomorrow the returns are likely to be cancelled that day. Plus any additional maintence checks that have been agreed to get up and running. Expect cancellations and delays for a few days yet - even then it'll be the end of next week before near normality.

Two planes just gone overhead in the last couple of minutes (LHR approach) which is very warming to hear!

I love the way it was announced about 5 minutes after I booked NYC to Barcalona tickets for my girlfriend to get back!

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2010, 11:00:37 PM »

If there is a crash in the next few days then it's gg Labour in the elections.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2010, 11:59:53 PM »

Heathrow and Gatwick are letting planes land.

The one in Orange is Tokyo to London

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2010, 12:45:15 AM »

Well it's back to work for me t'mow on lates after missing all five days of the airport being shut.I spoke to some of the guys at work earlier who were listening to the VHF radio communications of the flights coming in and apparently some quite heated discussions were going on with ATC.

I imagine i'am going to be very busy for the next few days as there is going to be a lot of extra checks going on,boroscoping engines,pitot/static instrument checks et al.Going to be quite a strange feeling putting the final signature on my first departure i'am sure.

shy bairns get nowt
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2010, 12:59:39 AM »

I'm due to fly back from vegas on thursday - bit touch and go as continental don't seem to be flying anything into the uk atm.  Worst scenario is they ship us from lv to newark and gg us there rather than letting us stay in lv and reschedule the whole journey.

The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2010, 01:57:24 AM »

Other airports now open for landings only are

Birmingham and Nottingham East midlands

and Glasgow

I have found a few British Airways flights from Los Angeles as well

BAW278           LANDED           Los Angeles Intl (KLAX)     London Heathrow (EGLL) 23:30
        B744
         BAW282       LANDED       Los Angeles Intl (KLAX)     London Heathrow (EGLL)   21:21
        B744

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2010, 08:14:03 AM »

I'm due to fly back from vegas on thursday - bit touch and go as continental don't seem to be flying anything into the uk atm.  Worst scenario is they ship us from lv to newark and gg us there rather than letting us stay in lv and reschedule the whole journey.

Do NOT let them ship you to Newark!!!  Trust me on this one!  Just absolutely refuse.  While they'll deny the following if confronted, they send you to some hotel/motel on the border of Pennsylvania that'll resemble just about every horror movie you've ever seen.  And the locals make 'Deliverance' seem tame.  Trust me on this one.  Been there, done that. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2010, 11:17:09 AM »

LOL my stepdaughter doesnt go to Iceland anymore either,2 days into work expierience she quits!!!!!

ah the youth of today.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2010, 11:37:59 AM »

gf's mum is meant to be flying manchester>heathrow>JFK on sunday, that likely to be affected?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2010, 11:55:34 AM »

gf's mum is meant to be flying manchester>heathrow>JFK on sunday, that likely to be affected?

Manchester to Heathrow might be the tricky bit, all transatlantic flights seem to be going pretty much to a normal schedule today.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2010, 12:17:34 PM »

Manchester to Heathrow might be the tricky bit, all transatlantic flights seem to be going pretty much to a normal schedule today.

They've told her she has to check online the status of her flights.  She's never been on a computer in her life, so its either very unfair or b*llshit.

Her trying to tell my gf over the phone last night all the instructions shes been given sure went well.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2010, 05:13:50 PM »

Where were u flying from and who with? Thats up there with the longest I have seen (I've I've seen a lot in the last three days!)

Still lots more disruption to come - even if a large part of schedules run tomorrow the returns are likely to be cancelled that day. Plus any additional maintence checks that have been agreed to get up and running. Expect cancellations and delays for a few days yet - even then it'll be the end of next week before near normality.

Two planes just gone overhead in the last couple of minutes (LHR approach) which is very warming to hear!

I love the way it was announced about 5 minutes after I booked NYC to Barcalona tickets for my girlfriend to get back!

Flying from Gatwick with Virgin. I expect there are earlier flights but thats what expedia have given me
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: