blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:21:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Sunday Quiz
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sunday Quiz  (Read 24547 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2010, 12:43:47 PM »

I'll be doing the quiz this year, along with my lovely assistant Mr Andrew Tracey.

Teams of 6 will probably work best - let's see if we can get more than three together! 

Please use this thread to get teams together.  Small Prize for the team that comes up with the best name.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:26:05 PM »

questions are coming along nicely - hopefully a few people will show up to answer them!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:56:11 PM »

You had to go ahead and name me - now I'm indelibly associated with your failure.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 11:03:04 PM »

You had to go ahead and name me - now I'm indelibly associated with your failure.

it's ok - no quiz will ever be as bad as Billy's.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:04:26 PM »

teams of 4 is best 50perc more teams 50perc cheaper for tropheys

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 11:10:29 PM »

possibly, although the format of the quiz will work best with a maximum of 4-5 teams.  will probably work out at about 4 per team anyway.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 11:12:48 PM »

1 man teams as you will probs only get 4 anyway! Will save even more on the trophies!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 06:39:50 AM »

questions are coming along nicely - hopefully a few people will show up to answer them!

Everybody's strategy for winning was going to be to join the same team as AndrewT, now that's out the window numbers are bound to be affected

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 09:25:24 AM »

Everybody's strategy for winning was going to be to join the same team as AndrewT, now that's out the window numbers are bound to be affected

My advice would be to get on Tighty's team

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 01:35:15 PM »

Where is the quiz being held?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 01:45:20 PM »

Where is the quiz being held?

good question - I knew I'd forgotten something in the OP.  1pm, in the bar at DTD.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 02:16:51 PM »

Am assuming that's on Sunday?

Willing to be adopted by anyone forming a team.  Promise to have a pulse on Sunday, but that's about all I can promise.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 02:21:56 PM »

I'd get recruiting for rex008 and persuade him to come along and join your team. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 02:32:08 PM »

Am assuming that's on Sunday?

the clue is in the title Cheesy

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 03:55:06 PM »

I'd get recruiting for rex008 and persuade him to come along and join your team. 

Me+brother. 1/2 of winning pub quiz team from last night, no less.

Can anyone else name the 5 largest cities in the Netherlands? And then say which Bond films Britt Eckland, Lois Chiles, Rosamund Pike, Tanya Roberts & Ursula Andress were in? Smiley

Not sure whether I'll be able to do Sunday afternoon yet. Will try my best though.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: