blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:55:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  results
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: results  (Read 50475 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: May 11, 2010, 08:20:10 PM »

I wonder if this will turn people off the LDs...

My reasoning is I had a quick look on facebook and it seems like lots of people have no idea what they stand for and are now appalled

yup

A lot of my friends in Scotlandshire are anti Tori with more fervour than their grandparents were anti Nazi. They're saying that if the ConDemNation comes then they no longer agree with Nick and will be voting Labour.

Like this a lot..WP Tank.

A lot of people in Scotland should get over their Tory hang-ups though.."Oh but twenty years ago they were mean to us"...Get over it FFS.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 11, 2010, 09:21:15 PM »

My reasoning is I had a quick look on facebook and it seems like lots of people have no idea what they stand for and are now appalled

yup

A lot of my friends in Scotlandshire are anti Tori with more fervour than their grandparents were anti Nazi. They're saying that if the ConDemNation comes then they no longer agree with Nick and will be voting Labour.

A lot of people in Scotland should get over their Tory hang-ups though.."Oh but twenty years ago they were mean to us"...Get over it FFS.

Lol, good point Boldie, had similar convo with a woman at work last week who said she would never vote Labour beacause of the black outs in the 70's when she was trying to bring up a young baby with no heating or hot water or lights. Sure is a good basis for who you vote for in 2010

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
CelticGeezeer

Viva la Quinta Brigada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: May 11, 2010, 09:42:48 PM »

Have people forgotten what the tories are all bout, the only good thing is that just over 1/3 of the people who bothered to vote (were conned by)  actually support them.

Lets watch the LIB Dems show their true colours and dig their own grave whille tories try to weasel their way out of PR.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 11, 2010, 09:45:32 PM »

lolol. Thisn't Thatcher's tories, a much more socailly conscious group iimo (albeit with right wing backbenchers)

I can sleep tonight finally.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 11, 2010, 09:48:35 PM »

Have people forgotten what the tories are all bout,...

lol - so you're not paying any attention at all to the people making fun of judging the Tories by what they did 30 years and Labour by what it did 40 years ago?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 11, 2010, 10:14:55 PM »

Have people forgotten what the tories are all bout,...

lol - so you're not paying any attention at all to the people making fun of judging the Tories by what they did 30 years and Labour by what it did 40 years ago?

most of these new tory MP's grew up idolising thatcher, people got what they wanted so let the fun begin.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 11, 2010, 10:25:18 PM »

Yeah definitely. I've been a lib dem supporter for the last few years (having previously been a card carrying member of the labour party) since they seemed to drift leftwards as labour moved in the other direction. How they can even begin to find common ground for a formal coalition with the tories has left me incredibly disillusioned with them and I really don't know where my allegiances lie now. Guess i'm just a political slut Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 11, 2010, 10:27:13 PM »

Having Murdoch's ministry of truth working over time to prejudice public opinion is one thing but the BBC live report states "20.43 David Cameron enters Downing Street as prime minister. A large crowd claps and cheers.

The only clearly discernible noise was very loud booing, lots of it.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 11, 2010, 11:05:10 PM »

Clegg to be deputy PM.

GG Lib Dems. Nice knowing you. Would PMSL if he didn't get the Lib Dem vote he needs.
Ecosse

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 11, 2010, 11:26:06 PM »

Thank God for some stability at least.

Bottom line is Labour (new, old, any version) had to be removed.

They've bankrupted the country FFS. (as per usual).

Hard times ahead for all taxpayers to pay for the usual Labour mismanagement.

Only this time on a horrendous scale, biggest debt now since the end of the Second World War.

Coalition makes it more likely of the true state of the finances being released to the countries workers at last.

Unions already lining up for there strikes !, be prepared for the sack you fools.

Dougie.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:43:34 PM by Ecosse » Logged
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 11, 2010, 11:59:13 PM »

Yeah definitely. I've been a lib dem supporter for the last few years (having previously been a card carrying member of the labour party) since they seemed to drift leftwards as labour moved in the other direction. How they can even begin to find common ground for a formal coalition with the tories has left me incredibly disillusioned with them and I really don't know where my allegiances lie now. Guess i'm just a political slut Smiley

Interesting letter in the Times today from a lifelong LibDem supporter equally disgusted at the prospect of working with the Labour party. Their main beef involved citing liberal principles and that the Labour government wants the state to dominate it's citizens lives from cradle to death.

I think that the party that supports proportional representation has a duty to demonstrate to the electorate that political partys working together is actually possible in this country. The case for PR will be much stronger if this new government lasts a full term, I agree with Paddy Ashdown in that respect.

The Liberal Democrats were in a bit of a lose-lose-lose situation, a deal with the Labour party really wasn't possible. The tiny parties could have been bought easily enough, and it's not them, or the media that would have brought the whole thing down after a few weeks/months. It would have been Labour rebels.
Cue massive Tory majority from resultant general election.

Doing a deal with neither of them wouldn't sit well with anyone. Would make some LibDem activists feel good about themselves perhaps, but just as many would see Nick Clegg as having squandered a once in a generation oppurtunity.
The resultant Tory minority government would probably become a Tory government with a slim majority before too long. The media would find a way to sell it that the LibDems forced the country into another general election rather than the Torys.

Your party is in a good position now, and also playing a good long game on PR. (Anyone who thinks that Nick Clegg could have gotten a deal on a referendum for STV from Labour isn't looking at the political reality. The Labour party being completely divided on that without any leader to unite them. Not to mention losing masses of amounts of public support by the need to bribe some tiny parties and perpetually wearing the monicker of being the coalition of losers) He also wouldn't have gotten more out of the Torys (who almost wanted them to walk away from the deal I felt, so long as they could sell it that they'd offered something reasonable)

Don't know why I'm canvassing on behalf of the LibDems here, but it's not a good time to walk away from your Party because your leader has done the only thing he could have.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Ecosse

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 12, 2010, 12:03:04 AM »

1 in 5 people now work for the state in the UK

1 in 3 in Scotland.

It's unsustainable. Full Stop.

Thank any god you like that Labour were ejected.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 12, 2010, 01:04:42 AM »

yup

Living in a community they did their utmost to destroy & seeing the results 20 years on I'll celebrate Thatcher's death like I've won the lottery. The current mob just aren't as honest as she was. The cuts will come first in Govt spending:

1 in 3 in Scotland.

That's not down to Labour - that was Thatchers determination to take any major power out of Scots unions & to make us a service culture.

Still - independence wouls suit the Tories - so there's a little hope.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
CelticGeezeer

Viva la Quinta Brigada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: May 12, 2010, 02:06:31 AM »

yup

Living in a community they did their utmost to destroy & seeing the results 20 years on I'll celebrate Thatcher's death like I've won the lottery. The current mob just aren't as honest as she was. The cuts will come first in Govt spending:

1 in 3 in Scotland.

That's not down to Labour - that was Thatchers determination to take any major power out of Scots unions & to make us a service culture.

Still - independence wouls suit the Tories - so there's a little hope.

+1

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 12, 2010, 02:33:35 AM »

I don't think the future looks too bad for Labour at all, as Tighty says this is a really poisioned chalice of an election to win with the economy needing massive attention which involve wide sweeping changes (read public spending cuts). The governments popularity will no doubt take a hit even though they pretty much have one if not both hands tied behind their back regarding this.

While Labour can regroup under a new leader, probably Milliband seize the centre ground and look towards the next election which could be quicker than we expect imo. As the awkwardness of the maths of forming a coalition meant that a Condem coalition was the only practical way forward, yet they seem very uneasy bedfellows in terms of ideology. I can very easily see a situation where the liberals feel promises have been broken or get what they asked for and then decide that still the government is not acting anywhere near their progressive left ideology of the majority of their party at large.

The public looking in it on all this I can see swinging back to labour by the time the next election. Especially if Labour go for a smiley pr savvy leader who is good at tv debates etc.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: