blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:57:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  World Cup Betting Thread
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Cup Betting Thread  (Read 105898 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #915 on: July 13, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »

Article in the RP about this today. Most bookies will now amend their rules about this.

TBH, I thought Muller had won, no?
How are they going to change them?
Muller won golden boot but i think most bookies had the market as top goalscorer which was a 4 way tie.

ah yes, of course.

Essentially they will in the future give you the outright win single (Spain)..and then calculate the dead heat on tope of that. Rather than just using the combined price and dividing that by 4 (which is what's happened here)

I can understand this if you've selected a top scorer and then a nation that he doesn't play for as you then have 2 seperate bets in a double so paying out one outright and one dead heat is fair. spain/mueller should be paid out like this

don't get it for villa/spain where one outcome affects and indeed relies on the other

It would get close to being a "combination bet" yes, but obviously this situation will only happen occasionally and the bookies don't lose much by recalculating it this way.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 13, 2010, 04:17:58 PM »

LOL, wtf.

They didn't cheat anyone, they are the rules and its pretty fkin obvious if you have a bet on top scorer and there is 4 top scorers its divided by 4.

How and why the hell theyve decided to pay out more is ridic! (probs because they dnt wna lose your custom/£)

LOL, wtf.
its  pretty fkin obvious i was on about a combined bet  and not a single bet on top scorere as you can see the bookies see its wrong unlike you if there going to change the rules give you the outright win single (Spain)..and then calculate the dead heat on tope of that. Rather than just using the combined price and dividing that by 4
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:27:40 PM by bigalhx1 » Logged
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 13, 2010, 04:36:39 PM »

Please note if the bet slip states "Golden Boot", the bet will be settled on Thomas Muller.

I think he was arguing for a golden payout payout where he gets nothing. 
[/quote

not the case as i had asked them how they was paying out sunday and they said it will not be golden boot i was arguing that the full bet was split 4 ways and was paying out less then a single bet on spain to win the cup but it looks like the bookies get it if as they are changing there rules 
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 13, 2010, 04:47:09 PM »

bigalhx1, what are you talking about mate.

In a a greyhound race if 4 greyhounds cross the line together and cannot be seperated in a photo, say Trap 1, Trap 2, Trap 3 and Trap 4 then there are 4 winners.

So the race is settled on Dead Heat Rules of 4, therefore everyone receives a quarter of their winnings (1/4 stake at full odds)

Similarily in your bet which was Tournament Winner/Top Goalscorer Combo, there were 4 winners:

Spain/Villa, Spain/Mueller, Spain/Sneijder, Spain/Forlan.

Therefore the event should be settled on Dead Heat Rules of 4, therefore everyone should receive a quarter of their winnings.

I'm a little suprised they have paid you out extra, i can only imagine their liabilites weren't that big on these selections and they were happy to pay everyone who bets on this market out a little bit extra to keep the customers happy as its a bit of a mugs market anyway (as you don't get a true reflection of the odds).

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 13, 2010, 04:48:29 PM »

In a a greyhound race if 4 greyhounds cross the line together and cannot be seperated in a photo, say Trap 1, Trap 2, Trap 3 and Trap 4 then there are 4 winners.

So the race is settled on Dead Heat Rules of 4, therefore everyone receives a quarter of their winnings (1/4 stake at full odds)

Similarily in your bet which was Tournament Winner/Top Goalscorer Combo, there were 4 winners:

Therefore the event should be settled on Dead Heat Rules of 4, therefore everyone should receive a quarter of their winnings.

I'm a little suprised they have paid you out extra, i can only imagine their liabilites weren't that big on these selections and they were happy to pay everyone who bets on this market out a little bit extra to keep the customers happy as its a bit of a mugs market anyway (as you don't get a true reflection of the odds).

what tubhead said ^. And yeah obv i knew you had Spain ANDDD Villa.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:50:40 PM by ChipRich » Logged

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: July 13, 2010, 05:14:11 PM »

This is obviously the case. They don't want the bad publicity when their liabilities are soo small. Which is why most bookies are changing the rules now, it's a freak occurence so not like they really care.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 13, 2010, 05:35:57 PM »

[/quote

i just think they could have settle it the bluesq way but some bookie agree with me and some don't just will have to bet with the ones that are fair with there puntes. and i would imagine that there liabilites would have been little to none on the other  3 bets but the spain villa would have been very big so to get away with only paying out a 1/4 of stake they have had a very good result

http://www.racingpost.com/news/sport/anger-at-settlement-of-world-cup-doubles/741405/related/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:45:39 PM by bigalhx1 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: