blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:00:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Nottingham, should have took my bow & arrows
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nottingham, should have took my bow & arrows  (Read 1115 times)
china mug

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »

went to Luton last several nights in a row, with the outlandish prospect of maybe winning enough for the Nottingham £500 comp.

Not to be but I was playing at Luton last wednesday where I shared the money with one other (must remind Dave to say "thank you" for the Blondie points) just about to leave the club and mentioned what a shame it was that I did not win it the night before as I could have gone to Nottingham, my colleague/player informs me "you still can as there are two starting dates".
So I'm driving out of Luton and a black cat runs across the road in front of me but I miss it, must be a good luck omen?
Thursday morning I rearrange all my work commitments and find myself at my mate nicks restaurant at 9.30am having a quick breakfast prior to the journey to Nottingham, he tells me it takes 2 hours to drive to Nottingham so I figure on allowing myself 3 hours as I always get lost in the last 5 miles, so not knowing if the DTD has a booking before 12 noon rule or if their already sold out with a mile long waiting list, I decide to toss a coin...... heads I go !
Belting up the motorway I get to within 3 miles of my exit and for the first time in three days my mobile phone rings with a customer, hello customer, goodbye exit then up the M1 to the next exit turn round,  come back round the roundabout looking for my exit ahhh there it is off we go, no it bloody isn't, its the M1 north again! Ditto next exit, then ditto back again  arrived at DTD 35 minutes late, booked into comp.
Played first eight hours, fantastic dealers (mostly) anyone running a club would do well to base it on DTD (must remember to tell Carmel) some young lad from Luton club says "Hi" but none of the dealers that said they were going up to play the comp were there. Big Richard was BLOGGING all over the place.9.00pm got clear concise instructions from a very friendly staff member as to how to get to the Premier Inn which had a vacancy @ £61.00, only 5 mins away. 35mins later drove back to DTD couldn't find hotel, considered having 4 pints of STELLA and kipping in car..... No off again looking for any Hotel, found Travelodge who were full but gave me directions to other branch up the road priced @ £50.00, no car park but will get discount off NCP?  SO £8.00 to park my car a fair distance away unprotected, didn't get lost as I didn't attempt to find that one..........If I get three replies to this BLOG of a positive nature I'll add the final thrilling chapter of this Odyssey!! .. Tom
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 09:45:37 PM »

Yer such a tease!!!  Finish the tale ffs!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 09:50:56 PM »

Keep it coming Bernard Thomas, about time you got posting again. And unlucky not to make the cash sir.

One point, though, if you can fit a concrete mixer and a load of old tarpaulins on the back, it's a truck (two spaces) not a car (one space)...

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 10:41:11 PM »

tom tom ftw great start

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:19:24 PM »

well played this week Tom, unlucky not to cash

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: