blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:42:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $10 $20 NL Live Cash game Bellagio
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $10 $20 NL Live Cash game Bellagio  (Read 6950 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 03:55:31 AM »

what seat was phil laak in?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 11:45:01 AM »

i decided to bet $1800 with enough to fire the river leaving me $3400 left so that he can pass likely suspects like ace king  or ace queen, He thought for 10 secs then he called with the river being  so final board of  two hearts an he now leads  with $2000 bet on the end spoiling my river bet? Thoughts on my play here?

Call pre is fine too we are 425 bbs deep. I am never folding pre here.

Overall you played the hand perfectly. I definitely like a raise on this flop and am happy to get as much money in as I can here, although a call is fine aswell. This River bet is pretty unfortunate, nothing you can do.

Also can you PM me your phone number please Pete

This is why James "mfckin" Williams drives a Porsche and Greekstein takes the bus.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »

i decided to bet $1800 with enough to fire the river leaving me $3400 left so that he can pass likely suspects like ace king  or ace queen, He thought for 10 secs then he called with the river being  so final board of  two hearts an he now leads  with $2000 bet on the end spoiling my river bet? Thoughts on my play here?

Overall you played the hand perfectly. I definitely like a raise on this flop and am happy to get as much money in as I can here, although a call is fine aswell. This River bet is pretty unfortunate, nothing you can do.

This is why James "mfckin" Williams drives a Porsche and Greekstein takes the bus.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL BITTER MOTHER """"""""
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 04:16:01 PM »

Surrrre will be driving a Porsche after Vegas :-(. Has anyone seen any decent 2nd hand Robin Reliants for sale preferably blue Smiley

Click to see full-size image.

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 04:36:39 PM »

Surrrre will be driving a Porsche after Vegas :-(. Has anyone seen any decent 2nd hand Robin Reliants for sale preferably blue Smiley

Click to see full-size image.

rofl
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 12:08:32 AM »

LOLOLOLOLOLOL BITTER MOTHER """"""""

I hate you Pete Wink

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 02:50:07 AM »

Ok heres the happy ending to the story which obv sent me a bit skitzy but ul for me i was one of the few brits to come back losing an not play any Nl hold em events which i had intended.....Sigh.

Right he bets $2000 on the river ruining my bluff attempt unless i ship $3400 an pray he passes for $1400 but instead i dwell for 5 minutes trying to find a way to call as my biggest weakness is curosity an i was dying to know what he had but kept thinking if i call i hav $1400 left out of $8500 stack so a comeback would be hard but wt $3400 it would be possible yet i wanted to call so badly. Couldnt put him on qj or  as i had the nut flush draw tryed to think he had  but that didnt seem posible as would he really make it $200 pre after utg limper which in cash games normally are big hands waiting to reraise in action games ? so it was really highly likely my hand was miles behind. if im being honest if i played this pot 100 times i would pass the river 100 times but when tilting an running bad its amazing how bad we can play an win ! thats sounds f...k up! anyway just as im about to pass he says ill show u if u pass ! yeah i know this normally means weaknes an after another 30 secs i passed an he flipped over  Two Diamonds an no we wernt playing the 2 7 game........... Gobsmacked with the rest of the table i was consoled that i made the right pass an was ul that unorthodox play to say the least had become a master stroke ! But a perfect ending to this story was i then procceded to my room to colllect extra amunition an as i returned to my seat my great conqueror had LEFT. Thoughts an technical jokes greatly recieved.........
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 06:21:41 AM »

There's literally like 3 hands he can be bluffing with here and that was one of them.

What I can't understand is his river bet, did he ask you how much you had behind?

Because I can only think that he thought you were deeper before he went for this blocker bet.

He's made his bet so big in relation to your stack that when you shove you can never be bluffing. And at the same time I'm not sure he can even fold with the odds he's getting on a call.

Seems a crazy game mate and mega value. So sick you didn't make the tilt call Sad would of been the perfect moment for it!

Very unlucky again Pete and hope you do well in the deepstack gl!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 06:26:13 AM by Cottonbud » Logged
Donko

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 07:26:46 AM »

Calling pre-flop is fine this deep. On the Flop you should be calling some percentage and raising some percentage. Although this should be weighted more towards calling when playing this deep. Firing the turn is standard after raising the flop. Checking back the turn after raising the flop would be just horrible. His lead out on the river represnts bluffs and well bluffs. I doubt he would check turn lead river for a pot committing amount with top pair type hands. I think he leads/raise turn with all his second pair/set type hands almost always. Getting 4.5-1 on money with the nut second pair and a blocker to the nut flush draw when my opponent is representing nothing;I think I make the call. Only have to be right 1 in 4 times.

Why are you letting "making a comeback" affect your decision? It's not a tournament. You can just hit the reload button. Wink
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 02:48:41 PM »

Calling pre-flop is fine this deep. On the Flop you should be calling some percentage and raising some percentage. Although this should be weighted more towards calling when playing this deep. Firing the turn is standard after raising the flop. Checking back the turn after raising the flop would be just horrible. His lead out on the river represnts bluffs and well bluffs. I doubt he would check turn lead river for a pot committing amount with top pair type hands. I think he leads/raise turn with all his second pair/set type hands almost always. Getting 4.5-1 on money with the nut second pair and a blocker to the nut flush draw when my opponent is representing nothing;I think I make the call. Only have to be right 1 in 4 times.

Why are you letting "making a comeback" affect your decision? It's not a tournament. You can just hit the reload button. Wink
Love the homour
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 02:55:55 PM »

Very unlucky again Pete and hope you do well in the deepstack gl!
Yeah he knew my stack it was all big chips ! he cant even call if i shove but how can i think hes going to pass as hes got 7 2! after rasing utg+1 to 10 times the bb just a complete donkmaent hand ! Finished 33rd after getting it in from sb versus bb with my v for 120k pot ! flp turn a nriver urrrght yuck i run good! X
MrBlond

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2010, 02:41:09 AM »

Why is everyone trying to fold pre flop? It was only a single raised pot in a really deep game.

WP up to river, you are getting mega odds and I don't think the random river lead is a genuine hand anywhere near as much as people seem to think. I wouldn't count on AK/AQ ever getting folded on the river if it got checked to you though and would just give up on the river vs this player description.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 12:39:52 PM »

Why is everyone trying to fold pre flop? It was only a single raised pot in a really deep game.

WP up to river, you are getting mega odds and I don't think the random river lead is a genuine hand anywhere near as much as people seem to think. I wouldn't count on AK/AQ ever getting folded on the river if it got checked to you though and would just give up on the river vs this player description.

THIS. you had  right?
My holdem game isnt 100% at its shaprest, but surely that is still a fkin awesome starting hand when you have a billion bbs??? Also they are blues, and its well known you make flushes far more frequently with blues, Im might consider folding  from time because of how hard it is to make flushes with black cards. even still you can still make a striaght.

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 02:27:41 PM »

THIS. you had  right?
My holdem game isnt 100% at its shaprest, but surely that is still a fkin awesome starting hand when you have a billion bbs??? Also they are blues, and its well known you make flushes far more frequently with blues, Im might consider folding  from time because of how hard it is to make flushes with black cards. even still you can still make a striaght.
hehehehehheheh
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 04:57:29 AM »

Turn is a check i think. Doubt he folds anything on a blank deuce, also we want to keep in dominated flush draws. Flop raise is option to question and would some reads as to which line to take.

@whollyflush on twitter
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: