blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:57:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $10 $20 NL Live Cash game Bellagio
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $10 $20 NL Live Cash game Bellagio  (Read 6953 times)
Skgv

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2010, 12:10:34 PM »

Hi ok here goes $10 $20 NL playing really deep with over $200k on table i sat down wt $8500 but had just lost pot before calling off wt top pair an checking river after planning to turning my hand to bluff on river but failed to pull the trigger subsequently losing to 2pair an losing around $2k of my stack! Well played so little hotted up that i bottled it!

Game was playing quite crazy with a drunken but massively stacked paul wolfe with over 30k playing everyhand an playing well to boot making any hand played wt him expensive as alot of pre flop isolating going on! Had only been on table 30 mins so didnt have much info on villian who was to my immediate right,an oldish guy about 70 with a stack of $20k but seemed like he was losing as wolfe was always after him an he recently was shown a bluff by wolfe. So utg limps for $20 an villian makes it $200, big bet i know an he had did this twice before an like i said hadnt been on table long so had no reads an decided to call wt  ! want ed to gamble an def c a flop after the way i played last hand. Wolfe on my left also called an rest of table passed including utg limper so 3 way wt me in mid postion.
   was the flop an villian led for $300 thoughts on how you would proceed here ?
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 12:20:24 PM »

Raise or call both fine

Don't really like the preflop call, reverse implied odds and all that, perhaps 4-bet or fold? I'm assuming we're in position?...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 12:31:56 PM »

he raises 10x Bb pre and now leads out for half the pot?

Weird.

I'd flat here and see what De Wolfe does (IOW will he try isolating again?)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 12:35:15 PM »

Raise or call both fine

Don't really like the preflop call, reverse implied odds and all that, perhaps 4-bet or fold? I'm assuming we're in position?...
Was a bit tilted like i said but had no reads on this guy an he had did this big raise twice before but everyone folded twice!
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 12:39:15 PM »

Weird.

No wolfe wasnt isolating just got the impression table was trying to play pots with him as he wasnt ever passing ! the $300 bet was wierd an he looked wierd apparently was a war veteran...
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 01:09:32 PM »

Call and play the turn?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 01:47:15 PM »

Weird.

No wolfe wasnt isolating just got the impression table was trying to play pots with him as he wasnt ever passing ! the $300 bet was wierd an he looked wierd apparently was a war veteran...

Fold out of respect.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 02:18:10 PM »

Weird.

Fold out of respect.

rofl.

pass pre call now

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 03:30:56 PM »

Normally wouldnt call pre but was on a losing run an decided to be loosey goosey an gamble to greekstein comment! XXX Any way i raised it $800 to make the bet $1100 in total an wolfe insta folded an back to pre flop agressor who deliberated for 30 secs an called,i probaly would of shipped had he reraised as wasnt a bad spot to game wt middle pair an nut flush draw an was all for sticking $6500 roughly to win a biggish pot. My mindset was i was going to win this pot whether i hit or not ! obv tilted !
Turn was a blank  two hearts with the board reading  two hearts an the oldish guy checked i countend my stack to work out how much i had left which amounted to $5200. Checking back here or betting ?
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 03:43:25 PM »

Jam.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 04:00:39 PM »

I don't want to check.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 07:21:15 PM »

Anyway to get it in now.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 01:33:17 AM »

i decided to bet $1800 with enough to fire the river leaving me $3400 left so that he can pass likely suspects like ace king  or ace queen, He thought for 10 secs then he called with the river being  so final board of  two hearts an he now leads  with $2000 bet on the end spoiling my river bet? Thoughts on my play here?
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 01:58:02 AM »

i decided to bet $1800 with enough to fire the river leaving me $3400 left so that he can pass likely suspects like ace king  or ace queen, He thought for 10 secs then he called with the river being  so final board of  two hearts an he now leads  with $2000 bet on the end spoiling my river bet? Thoughts on my play here?

Call pre is fine too we are 425 bbs deep. I am never folding pre here.

Overall you played the hand perfectly. I definitely like a raise on this flop and am happy to get as much money in as I can here, although a call is fine aswell. This River bet is pretty unfortunate, nothing you can do.

Also can you PM me your phone number please Pete
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 03:09:16 AM »

use 'live tells' to work out if he missed his frush draw, or if he's leading for weird value. I personally fold river most likely, am not quite sure on positions but I think I fold pre too some percentage, 3 bet some and cawl a ickle bit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: