blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:35:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  URGENT Main Event staking thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: URGENT Main Event staking thread  (Read 6269 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 08:54:23 PM »

OK so I was starting to settle in. Was playing fairly tight- the table was pretty tough tbh. 3 betting aplenty and I didn't really need to get involved. However I am a noob and sometimes cannot help myself. The next hand comes with a health warning because I don't believe I could have played it worse.

Blinds aew 100/200 when guy who hasn't played too many pots open in MP to 600. I flat KQ in c/off and big blind comes along for the ride.

Flop is Q!02 two clubs. BB checks. MP c bets 900. I call. BB calls. There's 4600 in pot going to the turn which is an inconsequential off suit 4. Now it checks to me. This is where I fucked up royally. I bet 1800 which I think was a little weak because bb now check raises to 4200. Raiser folds and I tank call after 3 mins. This is probably a fold but because my sizing on the turn was so ghey I decide to call. River is where is gets pretty ridic because it falls the

Guy now leads for 5600 with about 12k behind. I tank put him in. I think this was a stupid mistake. I'm repping f all. The guy tanks and tanks. He keeps saying "I know you got Qx clubs. I know it. YOu won't believe what I'm gonna muck" Break is called. We're like 6 mins into a 20 min break. Eventually he calls with J5cc and I'm now down to 25k after having a dream start. WP me. No thought behind the hand and this is something I have worked on in the last few months- I don't have to win every pot!!! Unfort I have moments like this which are part of my game and in truth have been quite costly deep in a lot of live events.....

I don't think this was a bad play at all, especially if you had a tight image.

Many many players would fold here.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: