blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:11:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  URGENT Main Event staking thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: URGENT Main Event staking thread  (Read 6272 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 08:49:41 PM »

Hi guys- am home- will do a full tourney report at some point this week

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 08:36:50 PM »

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 08:41:52 PM »

Pretty knackered from Brighton- will DEFFO be doing a report. All is still fresh in my mind Smiley

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 05:59:45 PM »

will DEFFO be doing a report.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 06:10:46 PM »

ksdfsoijgosjifgofj. Promise!!!

Day 1b.

Let's get this thing going because I start it'll be easier. I arrive at my table in the amazon room feeling surprisingly calm. I look round and don't recognise anyone which everyone tells me is usually a good sign.

I don't play many hands early. The structure is 30k chips, starting at 50/100, 2 hour clock. Bloody fantastic.

First significant hand I play I look down at 2 black aces and open to 250. Guy from the button who looks like a Scandie 3 bets to 1k. I flat because a 4 bet would look super strong this early and I don't really wanna build too huge a pot oop this early anyway. Heads up to the flop with is a bit disgusting to be honest  two spades. Although it shouldn't hit his 3 betting range this early I hadn't seen enough of him to know whether or not he was splashing around or what the size of the 3 bet meant. I decided I was probs gonna check call 3 streets unless the board ran out ridic disgusting.

Villian bets 1200 after i check and I flat. on the turn which I really didn't like. I checked he bet the same- 1200. Again this bet really confused me. I went with my plan to call and the river was a very nice ad.

I had the nuts and decided to check once more. Betting would look super stong. I also thought if he had air/AK he would deffo value bet this card. He didn't disappoint and bet 5.5k. Now I tanked for a bit and needed to decide if villian had much. My general read was that he didn't but then the turn bet was so weird I was kinda confused and went for a smallish 13k. He tanked for a few mins- reached for most of chips. WOW! Is he gonna move in? I really wished I'd raised more at this point. He eventually flatted and showed . WOW! Pretty weird line by him the whole hand but I now regretted not raising bigger but who knows? He might have folded and I spose I should be thankful I was up to 45k rather than down to 20! Tikay came over and told me the average stack was 45k yesterday- just sit back, relax and cruise to day 2 George. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- IF ONLY I wasn't such a spewy lagtard at times....

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 08:12:20 PM »

BAM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 12:24:54 AM »

IF ONLY I wasn't such a spewy lagtard at times....

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 01:17:39 AM »

I don't get why you didn't like the 782 flop?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 10:49:36 AM »

that baffled me too. especially as we have the ace of green

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »

For a couple of reasons really.

Firstly I had no idea what this guy was 3 betting me with. Obv it should be the top of his range or maybe not with a 30k stack? As it turned out I was right not to like the board! Secondly if I do have him locked up there's so many cards on the turn which kill my action.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2010, 12:56:24 PM »

Firstly I had no idea what this guy was 3 betting me with. Obv it should be the top of his range or maybe not with a 30k stack? As it turned out I was right not to like the board! Secondly if I do have him locked up there's so many cards on the turn which kill my action.

George read that again

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2010, 12:58:12 PM »

yep have done bud
George read that again

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 05:50:51 PM »

Is that it 

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »

Because he has a set!! Trips!!! 3 of a kind!!!!

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »

OK so I was starting to settle in. Was playing fairly tight- the table was pretty tough tbh. 3 betting aplenty and I didn't really need to get involved. However I am a noob and sometimes cannot help myself. The next hand comes with a health warning because I don't believe I could have played it worse.

Blinds aew 100/200 when guy who hasn't played too many pots open in MP to 600. I flat KQ in c/off and big blind comes along for the ride.

Flop is Q!02 two clubs. BB checks. MP c bets 900. I call. BB calls. There's 4600 in pot going to the turn which is an inconsequential off suit 4. Now it checks to me. This is where I fucked up royally. I bet 1800 which I think was a little weak because bb now check raises to 4200. Raiser folds and I tank call after 3 mins. This is probably a fold but because my sizing on the turn was so ghey I decide to call. River is where is gets pretty ridic because it falls the

Guy now leads for 5600 with about 12k behind. I tank put him in. I think this was a stupid mistake. I'm repping f all. The guy tanks and tanks. He keeps saying "I know you got Qx clubs. I know it. YOu won't believe what I'm gonna muck" Break is called. We're like 6 mins into a 20 min break. Eventually he calls with J5cc and I'm now down to 25k after having a dream start. WP me. No thought behind the hand and this is something I have worked on in the last few months- I don't have to win every pot!!! Unfort I have moments like this which are part of my game and in truth have been quite costly deep in a lot of live events.....

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: