blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLOMAHAHAHAHA IS TAKING OVER PHA. Another hand....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLOMAHAHAHAHA IS TAKING OVER PHA. Another hand....  (Read 1505 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2010, 02:34:56 PM »

Full Tilt Poker Game #22383100745: Table Vroom (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6:54:48 ET - 2010/07/17
Seat 1: IPray2God ($106.95)
Seat 2: Hugivesa ($63)
Seat 3: GreekStein ($273.55)
Seat 4: cattledondo ($275.45)
Seat 5: mogo ($293.95)
Seat 6: instabet9 ($100)
cattledondo posts the small blind of $0.50
mogo posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GreekStein [ As ]
instabet9 folds
IPray2God folds
Hugivesa has 8 seconds left to act
Hugivesa raises to $2.25
GreekStein raises to $8.25
cattledondo folds
mogo calls $7.25
Hugivesa folds
*** FLOP *** [Ah two hearts ]
mogo checks
GreekStein bets $14
mogo calls $14
*** TURN *** [Ah two hearts ] []
mogo checks
GreekStein checks
*** RIVER *** [Ah two hearts ] []
mogo bets $6

Thoughts on line and what we do now?

Anyone bet turn and check behind river?

Villain and I have never played before. This session he's been fairly tricky and quite aggro but nothing too ridiculous.

Seems fairly obvious from the river bet he never has a flush but is just blocking AK or KK type hand (imo) but I felt if I raised and he had KK with he might put it in my eye and I'd have to fold.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 02:58:03 PM »

Firstly, seems like a crappy hand to 3 bet with against an unknown even in position, at least have a suited Ace.

If you put him on a draw and bet the flop you have to pump the turn and probs check behind on river when heart comes. As played I just call the river and do nothing fancy, he might have a medium/small flush as well.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »

I snapfold pre and really don't like the 3bet. Even with the ace suited I still flat it pre, you're just not dominating anything that you can get value from by 3betting pre.

I check back the flop. We have a weak made hand and a weak draw with only 3 nut outs but I don't think that betting is necessarily a mistake. I think we're behind the vast majority of the time that we get called though.

Turn check behind is standard, we don't get value from much and there are far more combos of better flushes than there are of sets and two pairs, most of which he c/raises or leads the flop with anyway

River I call. Getting 8.875 to 1 we only need to be good just over 11% of the time and he could well be block betting a straight/set. Raising seems really really bad.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:43:00 AM by DMorgan » Logged

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 09:32:21 PM »

hi greeky! can i say disagree with most above! standard srong agressive plo imo! Call river as played
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 10:52:30 PM »

I have a few hands on villain he has bet the riv 15 times and lost once (bet/fold) - he does this small v bet a lot with mediocre hands and gets calls from worse - seems to bet much bigger if he has the nuts or can rep the nuts. 

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 11:30:41 PM »

folding 0% of the time
calling 90% of the time
raising small 10% of the time

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 02:08:12 AM »

comedy thing here cos Iv started to experiment with these tiny river bets a bit HU (more on that in a few lines)

Preflop: I dont hate the 3ball at all preflop PROVIDING that you dont have any sicko's in the blinds. the guy who opens has 65bigs and that is a ridic hard stack size to play post, so assuming that you;re not gonna get pwned too often by the blinds, (who SHOULD give you credit for a hand to call of $68 with) then you can pot 3ball, and he'll either c/r of c/f pretty much all flops so you can can bet pot pretty much blind on the flop and you should show a profit + you'll often find him folding pre (as played). If this was your thinking I agree. you do have a reasonable amount of flop equity (although not too much nutted but i really dont think thats a huge problem here as any equity you flop is likely to be exclusive once he's peeled pre assuming he doesnt have hearts.)

Flop: stnd ye

Turn: I would bet fold here for DEFINATE vs someone i dont know. Maybe he puts it in your eye with the  but meh. chances are (spesh if he is a fish) he wont let any sets.two pairs go. Id bet fairly hefty aswel, $36ish. I never like to check back the flop and call the river in these spots because chances are if he bets the river he has a bigger flush anyway V unlikely he trys to VB two pair or randomly bluffs. May aswel take the initative imo. Plus, I think you want you range in these spots (cos they come up a ton) to include baby flushes as well because then its a lot easier to accuratly VB 2/3 streets with higher non-nut flushes + a lot easier to credibly rep turned flushes after c-betting two-tone boards (if you check back small flushes and only bet big ones then you always have a LOT fewer flushes in your range on the turn in these situations)

River: Here id probs just flick a call in. Although interestingly I have been playing about with these tiny bets myself lately and I've been doing it with the nuts a bit trying to make people spazz (given up on that though cos its insane tilting when they flick in a call with 3rd nuts they never fold for a pot bet) also been trying it with nut blockers DEEP so i can JAM when people raise. Most of the time I see it happen though Its just a blocker bet, so with that in mind ID STRONGLY consider making it $40 and folding if he jams Im sure you;re deep enough to, having said that the  flush might also be in the range he's blockering with, in which case youd feel like an absolute mongel!

810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 02:46:03 PM »

cos isnt asking about pre which isnt the worst hand to 3bet either

as played call river, check back the flop quite alot here aswell

oh and the villian cold called pre, giving him KKxx alot more with 10987 rundowns alot aswell. im deffo checkin flop bk
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:48:12 PM by 810ofclubs » Logged

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 07:38:18 PM »

cos isnt asking about pre which isnt the worst hand to 3bet either

as played call river, check back the flop quite alot here aswell

oh and the villian cold called pre, giving him KKxx alot more with 10987 rundowns alot aswell. im deffo checkin flop bk
Just call river for godsake an you played it fine ! its 50 cents 1$, u can always afford to relload when u spunked the rest on tilt the next hand!x
MrBlond

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »

Full Tilt Poker Game #22383100745: Table Vroom (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6:54:48 ET - 2010/07/17
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
instabet9 folds
IPray2God folds
Hugivesa has 8 seconds left to act
Hugivesa raises to $2.25
GreekStein folds

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 03:05:43 PM »

The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
instabet9 folds