blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:23:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272624 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Wow !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wow !  (Read 33307 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 12:09:40 AM »

Pretty amazing a poster has nearly 2000 posts and I've don't think I've ever read a single one of them before.

Someone accused Tikay of being a drama queen in the other thread. Mr Alex definitely is.

If you want to leave a forum, just go, don't make prima donna "I'm off" posts imo.

But he didn't want to just leave a forum, he wanted to make a few points of his own, like you and the rest of us do regularly, and then leave. Is that so wrong ?

Maybe I was a little bit harsh.

It's just in 99% of cases I'm off posts are not really that. They are just "look at me and how important I am" posts.

Almost all the posters come back sooner rather than later.

Posters that really leave, just go and post nothing.

Do you really care if they stay or go? Hardly even worth mentioning if you ask me,,,,,,,,,,

Not really.

The place to make comments like his were on the original thread and that is now locked (for good reason).

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 12:19:06 AM »

Pretty amazing a poster has nearly 2000 posts and I've don't think I've ever read a single one of them before.

Someone accused Tikay of being a drama queen in the other thread. Mr Alex definitely is.

If you want to leave a forum, just go, don't make prima donna "I'm off" posts imo.

But he didn't want to just leave a forum, he wanted to make a few points of his own, like you and the rest of us do regularly, and then leave. Is that so wrong ?

It's just in 99% of cases I'm off posts are not really that. They are just "look at me and how important I am" posts.

Do you really care if they stay or go? Hardly even worth mentioning if you ask me,,,,,,,,,,

Not really.

The place to make comments like his were on the original thread and that is now locked (for good reason).

The Mod who removed it done so for precisely that reason, & you can see his logic.

I was actually considering re-opening the locked thread now. The problem is, half the world will agree. And half will disagree.

It's clear, even by incoming PM's, that many people still have points to make, some of tham valid, some not so. But it's really just going round in circles now I suppose.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 01:55:30 AM »

Not really.

So he's not allowed to comment & he's not allowed to explain why he's leaving the forum then?

Let's be honest the whole sorry affair has a lot of people reappraising friendships let alone membership of a forum. I think anyone affected should be allowed their say & if they decide to leave the forum under the current clusterfuck circumstances, then they have a fair call.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 02:11:05 AM »

So he's not allowed to comment & he's not allowed to explain why he's leaving the forum then?

Let's be honest the whole sorry affair has a lot of people reappraising friendships let alone membership of a forum. I think anyone affected should be allowed their say & if they decide to leave the forum under the current clusterfuck circumstances, then they have a fair call.

I agree, locking the thread is akin to taking your ball home because the others dont want to play the game you want to play.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 02:12:16 AM »

Not sure what I've missed, but 'friendships' are a funny old thing.  They come and they go.  All going well, everyone here will get past the lot and motor on as friends.  That's my hope anyway.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 02:27:28 AM »

Missed the 'drama' but 75% of MrAlex's post were in Reverse Sheep threads so i shall miss him  Grin

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 02:30:54 AM »

Not really.

The place to comment on the issue was/is the thread.

Maybe it should be open, although almost certainly not at 2am when it would be undermodded.

I'll have a friendly bet with you that MrAlex posts again on blondepoker before Christmas.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 06:10:08 AM »

Not really.

The place to comment on the issue was/is the thread.

Maybe it should be open, although almost certainly not at 2am when it would be undermodded.

I'll have a friendly bet with you that MrAlex posts again on blondepoker before Christmas.

What odds and amount Keith?

I haven't PM'd Alex so we can win this coup 

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 07:27:41 AM »

I think friendly bet means for free.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 11:26:32 AM »

and now for something completely different Tony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXv8WW3Wjvw

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=two+ronnies+mastermind&aq=2

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 11:43:58 AM »

Lol. Comedy has changed so much in 20 years. Some of it for the better, some not so.

Sheer genius, imo.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »

Lol. Comedy has changed so much in 20 years. Some of it for the better, some not so.

Sheer genius, imo.

yes, timeless pieces and so clever. The true test is that my 2 year old is sat watching the Eric and Ernie clips and saying' thats funny daddy' and keeps shaking his head from side to side like Ernie Wise beating eggs.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 12:24:34 PM »

Sheer genius, imo.

yes, timeless pieces and so clever. The true test is that my 2 year old is sat watching the Eric and Ernie clips and saying' thats funny daddy' and keeps shaking his head from side to side like Ernie Wise beating eggs.

2 years old? That's not possible. You sure?

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 02:37:13 PM »

So is that it? Kev-gate over & we're onto the 2 Ronnies now?

Losing respect for people I regarded really highly more and more as this goes on.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 02:37:56 PM »

Oh & Hi Harmony - see you reading in - still proud?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: