blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:58:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $2/4 Shallow PLO table. What do you do on river?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $2/4 Shallow PLO table. What do you do on river?  (Read 3156 times)
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 01:03:34 PM »

whats your image? whats your take on him?

terrible pre flop raise imo, ditch that junk, can't see how that flop is not damn near perfect for cbet assuming your not playing way too tight pre.

only uber nit and non flush is folding to the raise here with 3/1 on the call

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 01:25:04 PM »

I think betting flop is definitely a valid option. I would most of the time here but I'd been c-betting a lot of flops and didn't mind checking this back.

With the stack sizes behind, any 5,6 making me the nuts and 7 or 8 making straights too as well as the in my hand I strongly disagree that calling turn is bad here.There aren't many great cards for villain on the river so I can take him off several hands i/p.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »

wow, u really mangled this.

bet flop please.

Fold turn as played.

don't even think about the river, you shouldn't even be there.

[  ] useful comment.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Bas

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 01:31:22 PM »

I do think you have to bet the flop just because he's folding a ton and there are quite a few nice barrel cards on turn, as played I like the turn call

as played you have to ship the river I think but it's really close, I mean he's never snap betting river that big for value (weak flushes he's more likely to c/c with, medium to strong flushes he's just gonna bet smaller most of time I imagine), it's what % of time he folds any flush/straights that matter, and I think it's going to be enough with which you can get away with jamming
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 01:41:36 PM »

I do think you have to bet the flop just because he's folding a ton and there are quite a few nice barrel cards on turn, as played I like the turn call

as played you have to ship the river I think but it's really close, I mean he's never snap betting river that big for value (weak flushes he's more likely to c/c with, medium to strong flushes he's just gonna bet smaller most of time I imagine), it's what % of time he folds any flush/straights that matter, and I think it's going to be enough with which you can get away with jamming

Cheers Middy.

Good post imo.

Do you ever see any merit in calling?

I don't see why he'd snap bet $90 on that river with a hand that has me beat when I've called in position and have the .

Just couldn't understand why he'd turn a made hand like even the nut straight into a bluff there.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Bas

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 01:51:23 PM »

Cheers Middy.

Good post imo.

I don't see why he'd snap bet $90 on that river with a hand that has me beat when I've called in position and have the .

Just couldn't understand why he'd turn a made hand like even the nut straight into a bluff there.

hmmm, I mean a lot of his hands are bluffs but I'm just scared that he could be bluffing with better and just mashing his head against the pot button for no reason

anything but folding is fine!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 02:05:45 PM »

Full Tilt Poker Game #22642070754: Table Armel (6 max, shallow) - $2/$4 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 21:19:10 ET - 2010/07/27
Seat 1: paulee911 ($256.95)
Seat 2: jum_jum1 ($497.70)
Seat 3: bbangsangman ($0), is sitting out
Seat 4: patthecat40 ($166.60)
Seat 5: Auspicious ($189.60), is sitting out
Seat 6: GreekStein ($285)
paulee911 posts the small blind of $2
jum_jum1 posts the big blind of $4
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GreekStein [ ]
patthecat40 folds
GreekStein raises to $14
paulee911 folds
jum_jum1 calls $10
*** FLOP *** [ three clubs]
jum_jum1 checks
GreekStein has 15 seconds left to act
GreekStein checks
*** TURN *** [ three clubs] []
jum_jum1 bets $30
GreekStein calls $30
*** RIVER *** [ three clubs ] []
jum_jum1 bets $90
GreekStein has been disconnected
GreekStein calls $90
GreekStein has reconnected
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jum_jum1 shows [ ] a flush, Nine high
GreekStein mucks
jum_jum1 wins the pot ($268) with a flush, Nine high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $270 | Rake $2
Board: [ three clubs ]
Seat 1: paulee911 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: jum_jum1 (big blind) showed [ ] and won ($268) with a flush, Nine high
Seat 3: bbangsangman is sitting out
Seat 4: patthecat40 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: Auspicious is sitting out
Seat 6: GreekStein (button) mucked [ ] - a straight, Ten high

After this I learned the guy must have been a hold em monkey and eventually stacked him twice. Once where I made a boat on a J8854 board and he wanted to pot pot pot pot pot with 67.

The other where I called his raise pre from the bb with AKQ5ss and the flop is 710Jhh. I check he bets pot I call. Turn offsuit K. (Hi der nuts). I check he checks. River is a brick 4. I bet $78, he makes it like $190 and folds when I shove.

@GreekStein on twitter.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 02:14:04 PM »

I almost always barrel into a flop check form a pf raisor and you're pretty much oblidged to go for the river also, so many people play AA KK like this and don't want to rollover on the turn.

I like the call here, i don't think he folds many hands you beat unless a complete nit, he's up 2 buyins as well so the hero call is more likely.

I think bare ace bluff must be set up on the turn with enough back to pot the river or it tends not to get through.

wrote that before you posted the receal.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 03:36:57 PM »

Cheers Middy.

Good post imo.

hmmm, I mean a lot of his hands are bluffs but I'm just scared that he could be bluffing with better and just mashing his head against the pot button for no reason

anything but folding is fine!

I agree. but i dont think he is betting better as a bluff or a merge often enough, compared to the times he snaps u off with the 7flush.
Id just call river - wouldnt consider folding. I would imagine it is one of those spots where he make T9 or 999 and doesnt know wat to do so just pots it.
I spose tho he could have the same hand as us every once in a while. In which case shoving is defo better....

Actually haveing thought about it, he has so few flush combo's as played, it seems daft to shove, its great for a balance perspective as well that you're not just shoving flushes there + as brunny says he folds weak flushes just about often enough, although i doubt he bet folds a flush all that often, doesnt strike me as that kind of guy.

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »

Full Tilt Poker Game #22642070754: Table Armel (6 max, shallow) - $2/$4 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 21:19:10 ET - 2010/07/27
Seat 1: paulee911 ($256.95)
Seat 2: jum_jum1 ($497.70)
Seat 3: bbangsangman ($0), is sitting out
Seat 4: patthecat40 ($166.60)
Seat 5: Auspicious ($189.60), is sitting out
Seat 6: GreekStein ($285)
paulee911 posts the small blind of $2
jum_jum1 posts the big blind of $4
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GreekStein [ ]
patthecat40 folds
GreekStein raises to $14
paulee911 folds
jum_jum1 calls $10
*** FLOP *** [ three clubs]
jum_jum1 checks
GreekStein checks
*** TURN *** [ three clubs] []
jum_jum1 bets $30
GreekStein calls $30
*** RIVER *** [ three clubs ] []
jum_jum1 bets $90
GreekStein....................
Can u stop asking stupid questions u should know the answer to ?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: