blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:47:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  TT in $500 tourney
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TT in $500 tourney  (Read 4063 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 03:07:32 PM »

LOL -  when I saw the first ten I made a silent prayer that the second card wouldn't be another one!!!!  Atheism FTW

Sack it off

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 03:45:43 PM »

The reason I b/f is that a good aggro play doesn't open utg, call a 3b and bluff jam a 9 high flop. He will be good enough to assume you aren't folding a pair.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »

The reason I b/f is that a good aggro play doesn't open utg, call a 3b and bluff jam a 9 high flop. He will be good enough to assume you aren't folding a pair.

What do you think UTG peels a 3-bet here in this spot with?

your idea of his range please

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 03:59:40 PM »

TT+ isn't your entire range though. You could have AK/KQ or some random air just to be playing back at him. His shove over your cbet in his eyes should work quite often. So give him the chance to hang himself.

Blue text
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 04:56:24 PM »

I had him on a fairly narrow range fwiw.....I think the pairs he peels with are probably 88-qq and TT is obv fairly unlikely.  I did make his unpaired cards a bit wider though....maybe AJo+...maybe even a small chance of KQs

Sack it off

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 06:11:05 PM »

99+,AQs,AQo

So AQ is only 30% of his range

And chances are he c/f's AQ anyway so you aren't really beating anything when the 9 high flop comes down because there's less 99 hands he can have,

And judging by my range assigned pre flop there's only a 3.12% chance of him having 99.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:13:31 PM by Sack it off » Logged
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 06:19:09 PM »

When you raise UTG in UTG+1 you're going to look pretty strong at this stage so I agree with those saying he 4bets premium pre because of that + his image. Why would he get tricky dicky? Once the perfect flop drops there's 60% of my stack in the pot so I'm pretty much committing to this. Bet 1/2 pot and meh call shove. This guy's American right? He could have anything.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 06:53:49 PM »

Thanks for the replies.....

I shoved and my thinking was that, given the range I had in my mind (88-QQ, AJo+) I was like 70-80% to have the best hand (remember I had to do this calculation at the table I realise now it is a bit less) and was getting 61k for my 90k shove so I thought it was +EV shove and, possibly, given I hadn't played that many hands and was the only person at the table that covered him I thought maybe JJ and QQ fold....they didn't....he had JJ and fistpump instacalled which surprised me a bit given I think TT was the very bottom of my range there (possibly 99 but that had hit trips and I then slowplay).

Anyway, I realise that a smaller bet would have given me more EV but was my move -EV is what is worrying me.  Results aside of course which don't really matter.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 09:08:10 PM »

I wouldn't jam 90k into a 60k pot on a rainbow board with AA/kk or QQ. Why would you do that? Especially given your tight image. Thus how can TT be the very bottom of your range? TT is actually the top of your range for making this play. You said you don't jam a set, so you don't want to jam a premium pair for the same reasons. I think the strat is definitely -EV.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Sack it off

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 09:21:08 PM »

You're alright MANTIS

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 10:35:04 PM »

By jamming your 10 10 you make him fold most hands that you beat.

If you just make a normal bet you give him a chance to shove with hands that you actually beat.

You should've wanted to get your chips in here but the manner which they went in was wrong.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 12:02:28 AM »

I wouldn't jam 90k into a 60k pot on a rainbow board with AA/kk or QQ. Why would you do that? Especially given your tight image. Thus how can TT be the very bottom of your range? TT is actually the top of your range for making this play. You said you don't jam a set, so you don't want to jam a premium pair for the same reasons. I think the strat is definitely -EV.

what games do you play online and live?

What are your nicknames?

Do you win? Ever?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 12:18:47 AM »

Given my tight image and giving him some credit he is going to put me on a fairly tight range.....I think I probably do jam with any of the big pairs to be honest.  I wasn't really jamming because I thought I could get better hands to fold, although I thought Jacks might, but because I wanted to take down the pot there.  Thanks to the posts here I now realise what I should have done although ultimately the result is the same.  TT cannot be at the bottom of my range because of my action preflop.  I simply wouldn't 3bet 88 or less UTG+1 and no way I jam AK or AQ

EP - Thanks for your feedback.....very useful.

Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 12:25:08 AM »

preflops pretty bad

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 12:27:04 AM »

Yeh I don't like the 3 bet or the sizing.

Flat pre or 3 bet bigger. Flatting ftw

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: