blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:02:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  £550 Gukpt Luton Side Event 10/8/10 (SOLD OUT)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: £550 Gukpt Luton Side Event 10/8/10 (SOLD OUT)  (Read 4917 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 08:09:53 PM »

can vouch for Dom.

Might as well do so by taking the last 10%

Sigh.........WTF, were deffo getting grimmed if your in on it Tongue
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 08:58:48 PM »

pls grim cos

Blue text
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 09:54:11 PM »

good luck Dom

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 06:17:37 PM »

All paid up, am in luton and will buy in tonight for tmrws 500, lets do this, i'll post up a report on here afterwards too.

Time to win some mad dimes. Smiley
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 06:20:10 PM »

Hope you get 2nd Wink

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 04:50:58 AM »

Sorry people, wasn't exactly the best result-busting early in level 4, i'll post a report up in a day or so.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »

Promised a report on this, will try and remember as much as i can.

The same day as the 500 i bubbled the 200 after making a dubious rr allin against a rock with jj when i shlda at least counted to 5 and thought about the situation.

The guy with 4bbs must have been happy with two 30bb stacks plus clashing, and of crse he has to have zee bullets.

Anyway onto the 550, i arrived at my table to see some familiar faces, and some not so familiar ones.

I won a couple of reasonable pots early on and had chipped up to 12k from the 10k starting stack. Then the following hand arose.

I raise to 150 at 25-50 UTG+1 with   , and pick up 2 callers from the blinds. The small blind (6k) is an accomplished circuit pro who doesn't get out of line massively-but seems to have lost every pot he's played so far, the big blind (14k) seems a little splashy.

Flop comes down   three diamonds, and the small blind donk leads for 275 into the 450 pot, big blind folds and i raise it up to 625. My thinking here was that i had the best hand and an argument can be made for both raising and flatting on such a dry board.

I'd decided i wasn't going to fold more or less, but perhaps that's even more of a reason to flat rather than already thinking about getting in 100bbs on this flop with 1 pair.

I think the poss steam factor of the sb naively entered in2 my head here, and i think that's underestimating him, he isn't going broke with a 9 here often enough.

Sb now makes it 2k and after a small contemplation i set him in and his three clubs holds.

Stack cut in half i now find my stack drip, drip, dripping away. Sb from prev hand is now controlling table and it's tough to find a decent spot, a half playable hand might have helped but meh. Smiley

Eventually i find   with a stack of 3500 and the blinds at 75-150. I make it 450 utg and pick up an early positional caller(like 12kish) and one on the button (30k odd).

Flop comes down all rags with 2 clubs, i checked thinking of rrsng allin with backdoors and some...if only small fe.

Both check and the jack of clubs peels off, now i shld prob jam this in or just check fold, however i go for the 700 lead hoping to take this down or at least see a relatively cheap river if some1 donk peels.

Ep flatter now makes it like 2000 or something, ive got 2350 back and it will cost me about 1300 to win 4k, thus i prob just need to get this in now, hope my ace king in addition to the clubs are all live and bink it, or of crse fold but now its bowl patrol.

I think i momentarily stepped out of my body and decided i cld peel as the 3-1 odds were reasonableish and i cld use my 1k odd in another hand, yeah right mate-bb next hand with 6bbs, just fold or get it in now ffs.

Also just jam or c fold the turn.

Obv missed the river and had to very shamefully cfold the brick river whilst hearing restrained chortles from educators on the table.

Dbld up next hand but cldnt win a 3 way 7k pot all in pre, to put me bk in it at 1-200+25 ante, a hand or 2 later with khqh versus 107std and ajo.

Please feel free to give opinions on any of the hands, especially the JJ V 73 hand, pretty sure that was the pivotal one.

Sorry for not exactly my best performance, i'd like to say it was emotional but it was rather bland. Hopefully will be able to bink next time to make up for this semi debacle- if i decide to do another staking thread, laters peeps.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:11:03 PM by Nico29 » Logged
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 10:40:33 PM »

Please feel free to give opinions on any of the hands, especially the JJ V 73 hand, pretty sure that was the pivotal one.

Sounds like a really bad day at the office mate!  In normal live comps most people just aint at it very often, certainly in this sort of spot, and so the reraise to 2k just tells you you are beat.  I think you knew that really though.

We should catch up soon.  Will prob be at the Empire for the WSOPE sat next Thursday if you're about?

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 11:03:42 PM »

this 7-3 sooted guy sounds like some player, hope he used your chips well Smiley
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 08:32:15 AM »

Sounds like a really bad day at the office mate!  In normal live comps most people just aint at it very often, certainly in this sort of spot, and so the reraise to 2k just tells you you are beat.  I think you knew that really though.

We should catch up soon.  Will prob be at the Empire for the WSOPE sat next Thursday if you're about?

I def think i knew in my heart of hearts i was beat there when he made it 2k, but when i'd rrsd to 625 i didn't do this for information, i did it for value.

I fully expected him to 3bet enough of the time with a wide enough range for me not to lay my hand down. I guess a more pot control line looks better in hindsight, but i'd rather not be results orientated.

Having said all this i'm sure u r basically right and i shouldn't bloat pots with 1 pair so much live, especially so early on.

I may come down for the wsope sat mate, can't actually play that side event due to stuff on, and thus can't play the sat unless they give cash-lol.

Be good to catch up tho and watch u tear up the field!!

this 7-3 sooted guy sounds like some player, hope he used your chips well Smiley

Next time be on tilt for once please and show up with random 9's ffs.

Oh and wdwd.  Smiley
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 11:02:11 PM »

I may come down for the wsope sat mate, can't actually play that side event due to stuff on, and thus can't play the sat unless they give cash-lol.

I can't play it either but figured I could just sell it if i fluke a few bad beats over the evening.  Smiley

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: