blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 01:53:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272920 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Vegas $1/$2 Bluff attempt, worthy or spewy?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas $1/$2 Bluff attempt, worthy or spewy?  (Read 2199 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:29:52 PM »

4 or 5 limps to my button, I overlimp with K7greeeeen. The BB retardly makes is $6. Ofc everyone calls.

rainbow. checks around.

three clubs turn prompts the SB (who looked like he wanted to bet the flop) to bet $6 (yes I was playing with a bunch of mongs). 2 callers. I call getting about 9:1 to bink the gutshot, and thought with position could maybe win with a 2, 4 or 7 depending on the action.

two hearts. SB looks weak as he bets 20 into $68. fold, call from EP limper, who Im putting on a scared set/2pair figuring he should probably raise any straight for (thin?) value.

I figure that I can have a ton a 4xs in my range here so make it $65 (my table image isn´t very loose or agressive yet).

SB predictably passes, EP does not and tank calls with 44. What do you think of my line here?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »

Sounds like you're gunna be banging your head against a brick wall trying to get these guys to fold a hand.

Just seems pretty fps to me when the flop callers can have just as many 4x hands as you can

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 09:09:30 PM »

Sounds like you're gunna be banging your head against a brick wall trying to get these guys to fold a hand.

Just seems pretty fps to me when the flop callers can have just as many 4x hands as you can

sure, but given the river action, i had a vstrong read sb was weak, and just thought the caller would raise with a 4. No? (p.s. fps is?)

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:20:57 PM »

Yeah I agree that the original bettor on the river is probably weak but really passive players are always flatting a 4 here. Also the raise sizing is really small, remember that he's not thinking on the level of 'he probably wouldn't raise this much with a big hand' he just sees that its only $45 to call into a pot that looks pretty big.

fps = fancy play syndrome Tongue

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 01:14:18 AM »

You seem to be berating everyone's play and then doing exactly the same yourself.

"BB retardedly makes it $6". "Ofc everyone calls"........ and so do you......

"playing with a bunch of mongs" "two callers"........... I call.......

"I figure I can have a ton of 4's in my range"...... erm, well no you can have 1 of 4 as can every other limp/caller in this pot.

"EP tank calls 44" you say this like you think he nearly passed. No f**king chance. He was deciding whether to raise for value but thought better of it.

If you're going to make a move for this pot you need to do something on the flop when it's checked to you. There's $44 in the pot. Bet around $25 here and you may be able to rep something further down the line. Also you'll be up against fewer opponents.

If you leave it 'til the river to bluff your oppo's are only facing one bet. That makes it easy to call when they're getting 2 to 1.

Bet earlier and they may just start to worry now and get even more worried when you fire the river.

You describe your opponents as "mongs". If this is the case they probably haven't even noticed the straight on the board. They're never passing 2 pair cus it looks good.

My personal line in this hand would start and end with 'pass pre'. Wait for a better opportunity where you can take these fish to the cleaners. Don't try bluffing them because they aren't clever enough to work out what you're representing.

You could also make it $30 pre to get it down to 2 or 3 way and then smash them on the flop using your positional advantage. Joining in the limp fest is burning money because you rely on htting a big hand with someone else hitting a hand that's big enough to pay you yet not quite as big as your's.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 02:05:47 AM »

[ ] worthy
[X] spewy

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 03:15:01 AM »

do you really think he would flat with middle/2nd pair on the river with someone still to act behind?
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 05:56:59 AM »

7 ppl see the flop, 4 ppl see the river on a 1liner- gl getting that through.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 08:04:44 AM »

I think if you are commited to winning this hand piling the turn and river is your best chance once he's bet $6 and 2 calls, you make it $70 and it's your best chance imo

as played I think as has been stated we can probs give up the dream on this river.

I dont think you're reasoning to the hand was bad at all, just picked a truly terrible spot I think, ul

RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 08:52:17 AM »

I think the OP will soon come to realise that the standard of $1/$2 NL in Vegas is somewhere just below the standard of 1c/2c online.

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 03:13:39 PM »

You seem to be berating everyone's play and then doing exactly the same yourself.

"BB retardedly makes it $6". "Ofc everyone calls"........ and so do you......

"playing with a bunch of mongs" "two callers"........... I call.......

"I figure I can have a ton of 4's in my range"...... erm, well no you can have 1 of 4 as can every other limp/caller in this pot.

"EP tank calls 44" you say this like you think he nearly passed. No f**king chance. He was deciding whether to raise for value but thought better of it.

I was just saying that with 7 people limping for $2, the BBs raise sizing is retarded, because obviously everyone is going to call that.
And I was playing with a bunch of mongs, the SB bet $6 in a pot of 42 or something. And once two people call, I can´t really pass, even with just 4 outs.
Obviously the guy with 44 was just posturing and isnt ever going to fold that, but he certainly was never thinking of raising. Why would he flat the $20 initially then when I make it 65 would he suddenly think of putting in a value raise? No chance. And btw, this guy was not capable of thinking "I should probably raise, but i might get the guy in the CO to make a move if i flat here, or get him to make a bad overcall".

It was his initial flat that confused me into thinking that he didn´t have a 4. And I knew the initial bettor didnt have one cos he looked insanely weak. Whereas I can have 45,46,47, 43 easily.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »

I think the OP will soon come to realise that the standard of $1/$2 NL in Vegas is somewhere just below the standard of 1c/2c online.

haha definitely!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »

do you really think he would flat with middle/2nd pair on the river with someone still to act behind?

no, i thought a set, or two pair, like it says in OP Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
hettonmobster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 04:18:38 PM »

And I was playing with a bunch of mongs, the SB bet $6 in a pot of 42 or something. And once two people call, I can´t really pass, even with just 4 outs.
i thought you had k7 of clubs, wouldn't that give you a flush draw as well. prefer raising the turn if your reputation isn't very loose and spewy. river line very spewy.
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 03:12:38 AM »

People in these games are just gonna sigh call you too often on the river here. Also i dont think him flatting with a straight here is bad, hes more likely to get overcallers by flatting and just fold out everything he beats by raising.

Some English guy might also start making plays with King high if he flats. Tongue

But like Matt said, if you know these are bad players why are you trying to get them to fold? Theyre probably not going to be reading hands the same as you. Just value town the shit outta them.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: