blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Pretty Sure I butchered This.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pretty Sure I butchered This.  (Read 2191 times)
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 02:45:06 AM »

Your right if hes 3betting a polarised range its likely this flop smacks his hand. Although it doesn't neccessarily mean hes flopped the nizzles and he could have pair+gutterball type hand (97s/86s etc etc)

By a merged 3betting range IP i simply mean TT+ AJ+ maybe AT/KQ/QJ type hands aswell.

I think theres a legitmate case for folding given your stove.

@whollyflush on twitter
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 12:57:15 PM »

yeah 5-1 with an OP when he does have some hands I beat, I mean Im sure he'd 3bet  or such hands pre in this spot....

could be a reverse implied odds situation though where he bets £100 on the turn after a and im getting nearly 6-1 on a call now sigh

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »

would he not call down with all 1 pair hands?

put yourself in his position. he has 3bet to £42 and got 4 callers, a terribad fish whos likely range is 1 pair bets £15 into like 100+ can you really ever see yourself folding. if hes a good player he will think he is good too. if he has 1 pair he obv doesnt want to raise fold, but if the dfish3bets the flop he'd have to fold. basically he's been put in a position where if he has air he basically has to raise especially live where you get so few decent spots as playing less hands etc.  I actually think if you have air yourself here that 3betting the flop would be quite cool as he def folds AA and its hard to flop sets Smiley also number one guy will probably fold tptk kinda hands because its a protected pot and the guy who 3bet pre and 2bet (ew) the flop is still to act. basically caught in the middle of two guys who want to put alot of money into the pot repping very strong ranges which crush tptk kinda ranges.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 02:18:40 PM »

I've posted something to the effect 3 times in this thread but I'l have one more go.

Villain never has air - the board reads 6d7sTd, air would be 42o.
Villain has a combination of semi bluffs, monsters (2pr+), overpairs and unpaired overcard hands.
Depending on how polarized villains 3b range is (the less polarized the better it is for us), and how he plays unpaired overcard hands on the flop, we have between 30-40% equity vs his range. We are never much better than 40% even with the most ambitious pstove.
We are getting immediate odds to call with our equity vs his range.
We realise our equity (i.e. get to showdown) way too infrequently for immediate pot odds to matter, whether this is true is the most interesting part of the discussion.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 02:29:22 PM »

although we are 40% against his range what % of his range calls a 3bet?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 05:46:41 PM »

I really dont think given my image and the wet board texture anyone will fold an OP to a 3bet from me.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »

flat pre, fold flop. u did fine.
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 10:43:05 PM »

I've posted something to the effect 3 times in this thread but I'l have one more go.

Villain never has air - the board reads 6d7sTd, air would be 42o.
Villain has a combination of semi bluffs, monsters (2pr+), overpairs and unpaired overcard hands.
Depending on how polarized villains 3b range is (the less polarized the better it is for us), and how he plays unpaired overcard hands on the flop, we have between 30-40% equity vs his range. We are never much better than 40% even with the most ambitious pstove.
We are getting immediate odds to call with our equity vs his range.
We realise our equity (i.e. get to showdown) way too infrequently for immediate pot odds to matter, whether this is true is the most interesting part of the discussion.

100% agree with this post except for the penultimate point. What I would say is that 30% and 40% are pretty big numbers when we're getting >5:1 odds and I personally think we get to showdown a lot of the times when we are ahead, at least enough to make a call profitable.

+1

Christopher Brammer
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: