blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:17:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The WSOP-Europe thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The WSOP-Europe thread  (Read 72362 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2010, 01:51:15 AM »

The most frustrating day of my poker life.

I had AA < K8, KK < T3, AK < AQ and 66 < AK all for significant chips.

I'm pretty stunned I made the last two tables given the misfortune I suffered.

All skill this game Keith gogogogoo
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2010, 09:49:24 AM »

Unlucky Keith.

Best wishes for plenty of run-good to both JP - what an awesome win that would be - & Paul Pitchford, who won his seat to this by being the APAT "Best All-Round Player of the WCOAP" - which, incredibly, he has achieved 2 years running.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2010, 09:52:31 AM »

from Betfair

It was a great night for Betfair Poker players at the World Series of Poker last night as two of our players made it deep into the money of Event #3 the £1,075 No-limit Hold'em Event and two even went as far as reaching the final table!

Over the course of three Day 1's, 582 players began with 3,000 chips and dreams of becoming a WSOP bracelet holder. By the time Day 2 had started only 80 of those had those dreams in tact and as I write this the huge field has been whittled down to the final table of nine.

Of the 80 who started the day only 56 were paid, the last not to receive any money was the unfortunate Song Lee. Some well-known names made it to the money including November Nine member Matthew Jarvis (40th place), Allen "Chainsaw" Kessler (38), Stephen "Stevie444" Chidwick (24) and Keith "The Camel" Hawkins (15).

As the field gradually shrunk, it looked as if the final table would be the home to four Betfair Poker qualifiers but eventually the luck ran out for two of them. Firstly, with blinds at 2,000/4,000 with a 500 running ante, James Tomlin decided to move all-in for his last 46,600 chips. Eventually Mehdi Senhaji made the call and showed a pair of black nines whilst Tomlin sheepishly turned over 8d3c. The flop of -8h-2c gave Tomlin hope but the turn and river took it away and the man known as "jimmyfing" on the Betfair Poker tables headed to the rail in a respectable 19th place.

He was joined some time later by another of the Betfair Poker players, Stephen "step31" Broomfield. Kaveh Payman made it 14,500 to play and after finding the beautiful looking AdKd staring back at him Broomfield announced he was all-in. This would usually be enough to scoop the pot but JP Kelly woke up in the small blind with KsKh and re-shoved all-in, leaving him heads-up against Broomfield's Big Slick. The final board ran out -2s-2c-9c-7d and with it Kelly won the hand and sent Broomfield to the rail in 12th place for £8,317. Ever so close to a WSOPE final table, congratulations "step31."

Once play had gone ten handed the players were put on a break and drawn on one unofficial final table. The very first hand after returning from the brief pause saw ten become the final nine with the elimination of Stephan Nitschke. The action folded around to Kaveh Payman in the small blind, who raised enough to put Nitschke all-in. He made the call and turned over KhJh in front but essentially flipping with the QsTd of Payman. The flop of -Tc-5d hit both players but the on the turn completely smashed into Payman's hand, giving him trip tens. The on the river completed the hand and the final table of nine was set.

When play resumes at 1400 UK time today all eyes will be on the man who is currently third in chips, JP Kelly, as he has the chance to become the youngest-ever triple bracelet winner, a record he will win from Phil Ivey! He will also become only the fifth man in history to defend his title and win the same Hold'em event in back-to-back years, putting him alongside greats such as Doyle Brunson, Stu Ungar, Johnny Chan and Phil Hellmuth.

That said, my eyes will be firmly on Paul Ian "paulpitch" Pitchford and Jeppe "MissilBis" Bisgaard who both qualified for this event through Betfair Poker and have made the final table. Pitchford comes in eighth in chips with a 77,000 stack whilst Bisgaard is in better shape with 171,000 chips, enough for fourth place currently.

Each player is guaranteed a £10,633 payday, with the winner taking home a piece of poker's most sought after jewellery and £133,857 in prize money.

Seating allocation for the final table:

Seat 1 - Karim Jomeem - 109,000
Seat 2 - Scott Shelley - 148,000
Seat 3 - Nicky Katz - 150,000
Seat 4 - Paul Ian Pitchford - 77,000

Seat 5 - Jeppe Bisgaard - 171,000
Seat 6 - Mehdi Senhaji - 369,000
Seat 7 - Kaveh Payman - 434,000
Seat 8 - JP kelly - 242,000
Seat 9 - Jack Lyman - 55,000

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2010, 09:53:39 AM »

JP Kelly is poised to make history. Not only is he the defending champion in this event which could see him pull off one of the rarest doubles you’ll see in poker (Only four other people have done it in hold’em), he is also in with a shot at being the youngest triple bracelet winner ever at 24.

My eyes are open wide
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2010, 10:11:27 AM »

Sick free roll for PP.     JP or PP ftw.

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »

roscopiko

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2010, 10:42:10 AM »

shit @ poker since 1998
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2010, 03:35:50 PM »

£14,000 locked up from a free seat....8 left

Paul Pitchford

My eyes are open wide
geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2010, 03:57:36 PM »

Good luck to jp, it will an unbelievable achievement if he can take it down.....i would like to see the stats on the other guys who defended a title or won 3 bracelets, how many wsop events did they play before they won 3, i don't know but my guess would be far more than jp has.

ps where's the best place for updates?Huh?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2010, 04:04:11 PM »

Poker News, with the Global A team

My eyes are open wide
geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2010, 05:01:48 PM »

Poker News, with the Global A team

cheers tighty
ViiperUK

Die young and Save Yourself!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2010, 06:05:29 PM »

Sam Trickett's got Phil Ivey in HU first round
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2010, 06:46:47 PM »

4 left Pitchford and JP still in. Tremendous stuff!

My eyes are open wide
Sighmuns

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2010, 06:58:08 PM »

gogogo JP
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »