blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 04:32:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272877 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  4 handed AT UTG
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 handed AT UTG  (Read 1623 times)
roscopiko

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2010, 11:43:10 PM »

Payouts
1st: 14k
2nd: 10k
3rd: 7k
4th: 4k

Blinds 4k/8k 800a

Hero: 120k
Button: 220k
SB: 400k
BB: 180k

Dealt to hero:  

Tough for me to be objective on this one atm but interested on what are peoples thoughts here.  Is shipping our only option in this spot?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:03:19 PM by roscopiko » Logged

shit @ poker since 1998
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:47:31 PM »

yup 15bb 4 handed an ACE and a TEN is good enough to pile all your chips into the middle imo, just unlucky to run into something better here

Christopher Brammer
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:47:38 PM »

yes. 9or raise calling it 9off

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 02:34:24 AM »

No antes? Tendecies of the other players. I don't mind raise to 20kish and calling or just open shipping.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 03:32:36 AM »

jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam
psustudent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 03:53:04 AM »

yea jam 15bbs raise call like 25bbs. you prolly ran into QQ. gg.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:56:42 AM by psustudent » Logged
roscopiko

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 09:42:13 AM »

No antes? Tendecies of the other players. I don't mind raise to 20kish and calling or just open shipping.

Sorry yes 800 ante.

I decide to open to 17k (my standard raise for the level) hoping to win more than just blinds and antes with the intention of getting it in pre given the opportunity.

Button calls 17k
SB folds
BB calls

Flop

BB checks
Action on Hero?

shit @ poker since 1998
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 10:01:45 AM »

check
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 02:31:18 PM »

Sorry yes 800 ante.

I decide to open to 17k (my standard raise for the level) hoping to win more than just blinds and antes with the intention of getting it in pre given the opportunity.

Button calls 17k
SB folds
BB calls

Flop

BB checks
Action on Hero?

With antes I would just open ship.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 02:42:29 PM »

Mark is pretty aggro so I prob raise smallish to try and induce a shove from him. Shoving is definitely fine too.

Such a horrible spot now, if you bet without shoving you it's just so horrible. c/f is obv the most obvious line however theres like 1/2 our stack in the middle and its hard for them to have anything to call apart from 444, kq/kj as everything else stacks off pre that's beating us, apart from j4, but surely noone would call with j4. lol. so leaves us with shoving? i mean if you have aa, kk, jj, ak would you ever shove here? probably not, but like I said ^^ it's hard for them to have a hand to call and if we do get called we have outs.

in real time I prob close between shoving/c/f

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
roscopiko

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 02:52:03 PM »

With antes I would just open ship.

Online I 100% always would tbh.  Think I got overcome with live donkamentitis.

The game is now pretty shallow and the prize jumps are getting big so I'm looking to get as much value from anything half decent I pick up to have a chance to win. My reasoning for not shipping at the time was that I just felt A10 was too big a hand to win just the blinds and antes.  Obv once I raise I'm never folding pre flop and pretty much never fold post flop either, is that just flawed thinking?

Once the flop lands altough it likely hits alot their calling ranges I'm pretty happy to carry on with my preflop plan and get it in as the pot is now 60k and I have only 100k behind knowing that I always have some nut outs if I am called.

The specific dynamics of this game were pretty bizarre as well so maybe I was just over thinking the whole thing but I was trying to give myself the best chance of winning rather than laddering.

shit @ poker since 1998
psustudent

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »

i mean no hand is really "too big to ship to pick up just the blinds and antes" when you just have 15bbs, certainly not AT.

as played jam is fine but since you are in position, you could check behind, take a free card and reeval. turn since the flop does hit some of their calling range w kj/kq/k10/q10 etc and you kinda butchered the hand pre and could pot control now.

pot would be at 50k now not 60k and you have 100k behind. check behind and fold to a big sized bet on a blank turn or peel if the bet is 25k or so and if you hit a pair.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 10:47:17 AM »

i mean no hand is really "too big to ship to pick up just the blinds and antes" when you just have 15bbs, certainly not AT.

as played jam is fine but since you are in position, you could check behind, take a free card and reeval. turn since the flop does hit some of their calling range w kj/kq/k10/q10 etc and you kinda butchered the hand pre and could pot control now.

pot would be at 50k now not 60k and you have 100k behind. check behind and fold to a big sized bet on a blank turn or peel if the bet is 25k or so and if you hit a pair.

I really dont think we can peel here. every turn that isnt an A or Q is gonna be fkin vile for us

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: