blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:01:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Macbook pro?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Macbook pro?  (Read 2805 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 08:55:57 PM »

btw the ipod touch offter ended on the 7th

and if you wanna buy a refurbished mac book they are on their web site

Cheers I'll take a look at the refurbs
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 09:02:26 PM »

Can you give me the link for the refurbs please, can't find it. Ta
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 09:10:14 PM »

Can you give me the link for the refurbs please, can't find it. Ta

No worries found it.........
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 01:11:21 AM »

Woodsey you'll love it. Have had a MBP for a few years now absolutely quality.

Pokering is easy and fine to use DB's with etc. Not only can you run windows (I've had 3 years of using parallels and never had a problem that I haven't caused by being dumb).

They are pretty strong/durable. I managed to have my laptop bag swing violently away from me on the tube with my last MBP and after it caught the railing full on in the middle of the bag I thought it would be in bits, just a crack in the screen ftw.   Also managed to spill a full pint of orange squash on my keyboard last week whilst grinding which was one of the biggest epic fails in history, mbp took it like a champ still working fine!

They get very hot underneath which is a real concern if you want to have it actually on your lap with any regularity (if grinding with it and you need the loo one must drape a towel over ones knees or else ones knees will burn to shit).

Everyone seems to hate on macs because of their image and price combined with a lot of people who buy them and don't need them. If you actually have lots of picture editing to do etc then it will be a brilliant machine for you and be solid as a rock whilst running.  Having said all this windoze has got better recently, the more it copies apples gui and tries to compete with linux etc the better for windoze. but I have been impressed with 7 since I got it, it's alot more stable. it's not super brilliant but it's better than all other windows versions i've used.  I only got my pcs for pokering/computer games but I still cant help but use my mac for email/msn/internet surfing/photos etc

As someone said student discount ftw.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 01:19:37 AM »

Woodsey you'll love it. Have had a MBP for a few years now absolutely quality.

Pokering is easy and fine to use DB's with etc. Not only can you run windows (I've had 3 years of using parallels and never had a problem that I haven't caused by being dumb).

They are pretty strong/durable. I managed to have my laptop bag swing violently away from me on the tube with my last MBP and after it caught the railing full on in the middle of the bag I thought it would be in bits, just a crack in the screen ftw.   Also managed to spill a full pint of orange squash on my keyboard last week whilst grinding which was one of the biggest epic fails in history, mbp took it like a champ still working fine!

They get very hot underneath which is a real concern if you want to have it actually on your lap with any regularity (if grinding with it and you need the loo one must drape a towel over ones knees or else ones knees will burn to shit).

Everyone seems to hate on macs because of their image and price combined with a lot of people who buy them and don't need them. If you actually have lots of picture editing to do etc then it will be a brilliant machine for you and be solid as a rock whilst running.  Having said all this windoze has got better recently, the more it copies apples gui and tries to compete with linux etc the better for windoze. but I have been impressed with 7 since I got it, it's alot more stable. it's not super brilliant but it's better than all other windows versions i've used.  I only got my pcs for pokering/computer games but I still cant help but use my mac for email/msn/internet surfing/photos etc

As someone said student discount ftw.

Cheers mate the picture editing is a major attraction I have to say, I've got into photography in a big way in the last couple of years. I have to wait till next month to buy anyway after I get a work bonus so will decide then.

What about all the apps they offer. I-work/apeture/final cut etc?
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 02:46:09 AM »

I don't know enough specifically with regards to picture editing/some of those programs. I'm sure aperture is good, iphoto is good for importing/storing photos.

Go to a mac store if you can, alot of the people who work there are pretty mac/computer geeky and can give you good advice.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 03:07:08 AM »

Macs aren't that expensive when compared against equivalent PCs, problem is people look at the cheap PCs and compare those against the Mac.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 08:42:59 AM »

Macs aren't that expensive when compared against equivalent PCs, problem is people look at the cheap PCs and compare those against the Mac.

true, but they also compare the performance, reliability, and build quality of macs against cheaper lower spec PC's

If you are willing to spend what you would on a mac on a custom built PC (or laptop), you will get a very nice piece of kit for your money that will have a similar build quality.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »

Aperture 3 is the nuts.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: