blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:17:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?  (Read 46559 times)
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »

Christ, I only asked, didn't want to start an argument Smiley. Seems like a pretty standard MTT payout structure to me.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 27, 2010, 02:36:52 PM »

winner takes all imo

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 27, 2010, 02:41:10 PM »

winner takes all would be beyond epic!

Blue text
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2010, 02:42:15 PM »

and u wouldnt be able to deal because dtd allow no savers for the bubble

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 27, 2010, 02:44:41 PM »

Just out of interest, you know those tournaments (GUKPT Champion of Champions was one, i seem to recall) where the players choose a payout structure from a list of options, most popular pick is chosen?

Would be interesting to see that tried in one of these.

The result?...i would suggest in a 900 runner field that may pay 90, the option offering to pay 150-180 (say) would win hands down

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 27, 2010, 02:48:35 PM »

Didnt i read it was £13k gaurenteed 1st prize?
That payout shows £10k up top.
Granted thats still awesome for a £50 comp, but pretty sure i saw that above.

Anyone confirm?

Don't think they ever mentioned a guaranteed first prize.

The prize pool was guaranteed at £40k meaning an estimated first prize of £13k

Looks a fairly flat payout to me though I must say. Would much rather see less paid and more money up top.

I know Rob mentioned this comp being the equivalent of a £500 buy in 80 runner comp. Why not base the payouts on 80 runners so that it really is?

Now that would be fun.

erm, because that's stupid

Surely a man of your gambling pedigree would agree?

Scrap the prizes from 28 out, complete waste of time.
Use that money to bulk up top 9.

Im still determined to instigate a comp with a reverse payout structure one day.

No it's stupid.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2010, 02:49:48 PM »

Just out of interest, you know those tournaments (GUKPT Champion of Champions was one, i seem to recall) where the players choose a payout structure from a list of options, most popular pick is chosen?

The result?...i would suggest in a 900 runner field that may pay 90, the option offering to pay 150-180 (say) would win hands down

i would say 70% of the field playing the £50 are leisure players that don't mind if they cash or not,  where 30% are people going to win and win only

top 50 would of been nice as the jump from 9th £600 to 1st £10k is just silly
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 27, 2010, 02:51:21 PM »

Rob's weekly Update

The Grand Prix, the New Monte Carlo and £54K in Online Satellites

Well, against most people's predictions, including mine, the Grand Prix sold out at 900 players with 8 days to go.

Since then, we have been inundated with requests to increase the field by adding an extra Day 1 on Thursday. However, the 45 minute clock and 10,000 chip structure means that we wouldn't finish at a suitable time for the filming, or for our gaming licence.

Looking at the emails to our support team and in the club, this event was oversubscribed by as least 400 – 500 players. This obviously means a field of 1300 – 1500 people is possible for us in the future. For now, I want to see how we cope with the 900 guests over Friday - Sunday, before we look at doing this type of event again. The Norwegian Poker Championships, and the Pokerstars UKIPT were big events, but the Grand Prix will be the most demanding so far due the sheer amount of entries in the tournament. We estimate Saturday could see us having over 800 people in the building; it's a good job that we have been able to get the marquee at short notice!

Events such as the Grand Prix and Monte Carlo are important. We need to keep the interest levels up, especially after now being open for 3 years. When we hold a bigger buy-in event, we always try and give our regular day to day customers the chance to qualify. £1090 for the Monte Carlo Event is a lot of money in this current economic climate, so we are guaranteeing 50 Monte Carlo seats in online satellites, worth over £54,000. These will commence 5 weeks before the event itself, so people can plan to take time off work if they qualify. Day 1 is on a Friday.

There has been a big focus on our weekend events over the last few weeks, adopting the Grand Prix model, giving players big prize pools for lower buy-ins. We do know that the weekday evening tournaments also need to be freshened up, so from Wednesday 10th November, a new evening schedule will commence. Details will follow shortly.

Thanks again to everyone that has supported the Grand Prix. We are all very proud to be on course (provided everyone turns up) to break the UK record on our first attempt. We set the guarantee higher than the number of players we thought we would get, so it's been a great surprise to sell out at our 900 cap so quickly. It's given us all at Dusk Till Dawn a boost!

Cheers, Rob

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 27, 2010, 03:18:16 PM »

Didnt i read it was £13k gaurenteed 1st prize?
That payout shows £10k up top.
Granted thats still awesome for a £50 comp, but pretty sure i saw that above.

Anyone confirm?

Don't think they ever mentioned a guaranteed first prize.

The prize pool was guaranteed at £40k meaning an estimated first prize of £13k

Looks a fairly flat payout to me though I must say. Would much rather see less paid and more money up top.

I know Rob mentioned this comp being the equivalent of a £500 buy in 80 runner comp. Why not base the payouts on 80 runners so that it really is?

Now that would be fun.

erm, because that's stupid

Surely a man of your gambling pedigree would agree?

Scrap the prizes from 28 out, complete waste of time.
Use that money to bulk up top 9.

Im still determined to instigate a comp with a reverse payout structure one day.

No it's stupid.

Of course it's stupid. Most fun things are.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 27, 2010, 04:18:37 PM »

I can appreciate not accepting alternates to control numbers, but would you resell seats of non attendees after say 2 hours of no show?

And ftr, yes my plans have now changed and I can now make it but I didn't buy in!

Reselling seats would assist in ensuring the record is broken, and I'm thinking Friday. ;0)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2010, 07:04:19 PM »

I can appreciate not accepting alternates to control numbers, but would you resell seats of non attendees after say 2 hours of no show?

And ftr, yes my plans have now changed and I can now make it but I didn't buy in!

Reselling seats would assist in ensuring the record is broken, and I'm thinking Friday. ;0)

someone at Gala was thinking about selling his seat on the saturday cos his friend did not  get a seat and he did not want to go anymore
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »

Just seen the payout structure.

Big sigh that you have to beat 893 people to make more than a bag Sad

If i havent got 5x average by the first break im off to the cash games. 

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2010, 08:59:11 PM »

You wont be able to see but the first break. Lunch?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2010, 10:02:18 PM »

It would also be of great interest to see this put forward for APAT too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2010, 05:03:11 AM »

You wont be able to see but the first break. Lunch?

Popadopkin, how many we got for this piss up thing. I mean im still game if we have a good few, and are planning on going out when we all bust etc. but just means i need to book a hotel for sat night.

How about Frankie n Bennys before hand. Food will only soak up beer mid session. Plus dtd food menu is a bit poop. Meet there say 12? or later if you want, 25/50 level can gtfo Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: