blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 09:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?  (Read 47447 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: October 29, 2010, 03:40:54 AM »

you only play 1 day instead of 3 for the first week you go down
2nd time you go down you have a much better chance of a good pay day

first weekend 1 day away is alot easier to swing with a partner than 3 nights

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 29, 2010, 10:32:55 AM »

all those playing, post how you get on on this thread please

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=50377.msg1254528#new

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: October 29, 2010, 11:54:48 AM »

Is there free wireless at DTD? I'd post updates from my phone, but unless it's on wireless it's a fairly painful speed. WEP/WPA key needed?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: October 29, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »

Is there free wireless at DTD? I'd post updates from my phone, but unless it's on wireless it's a fairly painful speed. WEP/WPA key needed?

unfortunately not for punters afaik Sad

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 29, 2010, 12:06:52 PM »

You prepared a rap for tighty to video?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 29, 2010, 12:08:21 PM »

You prepared a rap for tighty to video?

Words to include.....

Jelly, spanner, snow and Take That.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 29, 2010, 03:13:02 PM »

That's the only actual complaint I have against the place actually! There's multiple wireless connections there but still have to use 3G! Sad

Blue text
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: October 29, 2010, 03:28:20 PM »

That's the only actual complaint I have against the place actually! There's multiple wireless connections there but still have to use 3G! Sad

Not if you borrow a laptop.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 29, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »

No good for browsing the internet on my phone at the table!

Wireless is something i'd quite happily pay a pound for if it helps cover the cost of it (which won't be much!)! I imagine most will be happy to pay that every day but I don't really see any practical way of implementing such a system! Sad

Blue text
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 29, 2010, 03:38:21 PM »

Wireless is something i'd quite happily pay a pound for if it helps cover the cost of it (which won't be much!)! I imagine most will be happy to pay that every day but I don't really see any practical way of implementing such a system! Sad

It's not difficult to implement such a system at all.

The system they have provides sufficient bandwidth for all of their laptops. If they start letting everyone on their network they will need more bandwidth which means more WAPs. The potential number of users also means they may need more bandwidth coming in to the building.

A quid won't cover this.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 29, 2010, 06:33:16 PM »

It's not difficult to implement such a system at all.

The system they have provides sufficient bandwidth for all of their laptops. If they start letting everyone on their network they will need more bandwidth which means more WAPs. The potential number of users also means they may need more bandwidth coming in to the building.

A quid won't cover this.

couple of quid a day should  cover the costs if they got 15-20 a month using it
easy to set up a 24 hour pass

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: