blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  ronnie`s latest 147
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ronnie`s latest 147  (Read 16903 times)
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2010, 02:31:12 PM »

Personally , I dont like Ronnie, he does my head in with his constant histrionics, to me it looks like he aint happy if he wins or loses which is poor, its hard to warm to him to win a world title for instance when I'm thinking does he actually give a shit if he wins? Biting off his tip, conceding frames early, constantly threatening to quit the game and forever saying how poor he's playing when hes prob after knocking in a few centuries its so tilting , Hes a very very odd character, I'm surprised that Dave seems to have offended quite a few in here by slating Ronnie I really thought most people would have thought hes a bit of  a douche, thats ronnie btw not Dave Wink

I will say though, personality aside hes is the best player to ever pick up a cue regardless of how many world titles he wins, I mean come on, centuries left and right handed , phenomenal. If he wasnt such a muppet he would have about 10 world titles, thats what his ability deserves.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2010, 02:47:47 PM »

Personally , I dont like Ronnie, he does my head in with his constant histrionics, to me it looks like he aint happy if he wins or loses which is poor, its hard to warm to him to win a world title for instance when I'm thinking does he actually give a shit if he wins? Biting off his tip, conceding frames early, constantly threatening to quit the game and forever saying how poor he's playing when hes prob after knocking in a few centuries its so tilting , Hes a very very odd character, I'm surprised that Dave seems to have offended quite a few in here by slating Ronnie I really thought most people would have thought hes a bit of  a douche, thats ronnie btw not Dave Wink

I will say though, personality aside hes is the best player to ever pick up a cue regardless of how many world titles he wins, I mean come on, centuries left and right handed , phenomenal. If he wasnt such a muppet he would have about 10 world titles, thats what his ability deserves.

This.

Worst ambassador for his chosen sport I can think of, other than actual cheats. Shows no appreciation of the fans at all or the game that has made him a millionaire where in any other walk of life he would be a nobody. Its just unfortunate that he is also one of the most talented and entertaining players to watch - I guess his appeal is somewhat similar to some rock n roll bands who are either brilliant or a train wreck on any given night, you don't know what you are going to get.

If he had an ounce of common sense he would have ten world titles indeed, in fact the game of snooker would be much bigger full stop.

Girgy's suggestion he should be knighted is borderline treason imo
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2010, 02:48:57 PM »

The guy is a genius at what he does Dave and raises the profile of a sport that has been  dying on its arse for ten years or more. Surprised you've heard of him tbh. DICK!

FYP

Why is he a dick Dave?

he is a disgrace, and a Bigot to boot

A bigger two boots.

Two big boots

Two big fruits
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2010, 02:51:53 PM »

This.

Worst ambassador for his chosen sport I can think of, other than actual cheats. Shows no appreciation of the fans at all or the game that has made him a millionaire where in any other walk of life he would be a nobody. Its just unfortunate that he is also one of the most talented and entertaining players to watch - I guess his appeal is somewhat similar to some rock n roll bands who are either brilliant or a train wreck on any given night, you don't know what you are going to get.

If he had an ounce of common sense he would have ten world titles indeed, in fact the game of snooker would be much bigger full stop.

Girgy's suggestion he should be knighted is borderline treason imo

Wasnt a serious comment! Plz dont send me for beheading!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2010, 03:04:37 PM »

To SP: I don't think Scottish Dave offended anyone he just failed to back up his opinion with any reasons unlike yourself and Shoelace. I can see why people don't warm to him but i like him and think he is immensley talented and entertaining and for those reasons i can forgive him his personality flaws.
I can't remember the exact phrase Dave used but i don't understand how you can say he shouldn't be praised or applauded for his achievements.
If Usain Bolt wasn't a nice bloke we would all still be amazed at how fast he can run 100m. Personality shouldn't define whether you respect what somebody has achieved imo.
Rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2010, 03:26:18 PM »

A clearly troubled genius not comfortable in his own skin,the greatest natural talent to pick up a cue undoubtedly

That said he acts like a spoilt child more often than not nowadays, an fuawfull role model,a prem footballer,xfactor reject,big brother wannabe roled into one

Grow up Ronnie and let the public enjoy the god given gift you were given without the histrionics,the repeated retirement  act is all a bit tiresome tbh

That's all wrong rockstar. He threatens retirement because he genuinely doubts his ability at times. I think he tried to make a great point yesterday. A few months ago along comes Barry hearn with I'm  gonna make snooker great again and get money back into the game and get the public back onto it. Then in the f8rst comp of the season takes Away the bonus for the one thing a snooker fan would love to see. I would guess from now on every comp  will have a bonus for a 147. And if so yesterday would have helped snooker a little bit more.

He never doubts his ability,he KNOWS he is the best by a country mile with his "B" game.He just needs to hear people say it,his ego needs permanently massaging.

Dont forget the frame before he plays a crap shot on the yellow,has a massive hissy fit and smashes into green and brown randomly.King has two chances to clear up and messes it up,if he does Ronnie was gone in the head,no 147 no discussion here.The point being his attitude sucks,he doesnt care about anyone bar himself Vinny.Snooker means nothing to him and it doesnt sit well with me,massively disrespectful to the Game and to his fans laughing about 4k,no class at all.

Can see him in a very lonely place when his talent dries up and the big stage is no more,who wants to be around an arrogant old bore?(insert pun here)

Magician at the table,complete arsehole off it.

"Jimmy White told me the other night he hates name droppers,i had to agree"
Dave Johnson August 2010
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2010, 03:30:12 PM »

screwed up by his family background, dad in for life, problems with the mum, surrounded by chancers.....that's the problem no?

whatever character traits he had before hand the insecurities and complexities have been magnified by his experiences?

Wonderful to watch on the table, absolutely brilliant, but clearly a troubled guy.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »

screwed up by his family background, dad in for life, problems with the mum, surrounded by chancers.....that's the problem no?

whatever character traits he had before hand the insecurities and complexities have been magnified by his experiences?

Wonderful to watch on the table, absolutely brilliant, but clearly a troubled guy.

Again, probably the reason he is popular. The brits love a loser, especially in sport, normally when someone is amazingly talented they also have a charmed life - so we hate them. With Ronnie you get the amazingly entertaining talent plus the fact that he is a loser with problems, a perfect match.

His past still doesnt excuse his behaviour, just helps explain it, there are plenty of talented people who had difficult lives who appreciate what they have got and conduct themselves correctly.
Rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2010, 04:17:15 PM »

Again, probably the reason he is popular. The brits love a loser, especially in sport, normally when someone is amazingly talented they also have a charmed life - so we hate them. With Ronnie you get the amazingly entertaining talent plus the fact that he is a loser with problems, a perfect match.

His past still doesnt excuse his behaviour, just helps explain it, there are plenty of talented people who had difficult lives who appreciate what they have got and conduct themselves correctly.

Game,set,and match.

"Jimmy White told me the other night he hates name droppers,i had to agree"
Dave Johnson August 2010
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »

The guy is a genius at what he does Dave and raises the profile of a sport that has been  dying on its arse for ten years or more. Surprised you've heard of him tbh. DICK!

FYP

Why is he a dick Dave?

A bigger two boots.

Two big boots

Two big fruits

Boo! Pig shoots.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »

FYP

Why is he a dick Dave?

A bigger two boots.

Two big boots

Two big fruits

Boo! Pig shoots.

Two fig roots.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2010, 04:42:36 PM »

The guy is a genius at what he does Dave and raises the profile of a sport that has been  dying on its arse for ten years or more. Surprised you've heard of him tbh. DICK!

FYP

Why is he a dick Dave?

A bigger two boots.

Two big boots

Two big fruits

Boo! Pig shoots.

Shoe, Trigg, Glutes
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »

Levi Roots

dad dont dance

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2010, 04:45:47 PM »

two big coots.

stonecoldkiller

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2010, 04:49:18 PM »

If he had the commitment of Phil Taylor, he would be en route to matching Taylors achievements, lets be honest he probably does'nt even practice, that imo is scary talented.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: