blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:28:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  ronnie`s latest 147
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ronnie`s latest 147  (Read 16913 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2010, 06:07:36 PM »

Which bit of it? That Hendry would be a far better comparison to Ronnie that Phil Taylor (lolz) or that I don't rate darts as a great Sport?

Chess>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Darts, imo.

what is the difference between the sports?

It's hard to get 3 cues in treble 20.

The older I get, the better I was.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »

Cant be arsed going into it but I just don't rate it. Just as I dont compare the winner of the 25 metre handgun shooting gold medal (or whatever the event is) at the olympics with Usain Bolt's WR 200m run. It's not even close imo.

Not all "sports" are equal - I just find the comparison to Phil Taylor pretty funny.
stonecoldkiller

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2010, 06:16:50 PM »

Cant be arsed going into it but I just don't rate it. Just as I dont compare the winner of the 25 metre handgun shooting gold medal (or whatever the event is) at the olympics with Usain Bolt's WR 200m run. It's not even close imo.

Not all "sports" are equal - I just find the comparison to Phil Taylor pretty funny.

So whats the big difference athletically between snooker and darts? Both are working mans games, all "professionals" in the 70's and 80's got pie-eyed while playing.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2010, 06:17:57 PM »

your olympic comparison is dire

these are 2 sport bourne out of the same social back drop, play from similar venues, with probably similar skill levels required at the very top

to say they are not comparable is laughable

now just because you dont like darts........thats another thing

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
stonecoldkiller

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2010, 06:22:58 PM »

Which bit of it? That Hendry would be a far better comparison to Ronnie that Phil Taylor (lolz) or that I don't rate darts as a great Sport?

Chess>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Darts, imo.

what is the difference between the sports?

It's hard to get 3 cues in treble 20.

I did lol hard at this.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2010, 06:25:06 PM »

So whats the big difference athletically between snooker and darts? Both are working mans games, all "professionals" in the 70's and 80's got pie-eyed while playing.

I'm not saying there's a huge difference or that the differences are athletic. I just think Ronnie wouldn't necessarily be a 10X world champion had he modelled himself on Phil Taylor lol.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2010, 06:26:51 PM »

Interesting side question, which is more of a sport, poker or wwe wrestling?

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2010, 06:28:07 PM »

I agree that snooker is slightly more sporty, in that you move round a table, bend over more and a cue weighs more than a dart, but really you have to lump them in the same group, sport or not, they are both 'only just' sports.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »

your olympic comparison is dire

these are 2 sport bourne out of the same social back drop, play from similar venues, with probably similar skill levels required at the very top

to say they are not comparable is laughable

now just because you dont like darts........thats another thing

How so? I just pointed out that not all sports were equal.

Sigh. Once again I'm not comparing darts to snooker. (IF I had to pick I'd say snooker has a tougher skill set but that was not my point for the 88th time)

They aren't comparable. Do you honestly think Taylor and Hendry have the same skills sets? Laughable indeed.

Lol nice presumption but I absolutely love darts.
stonecoldkiller

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »

I'm not saying there's a huge difference or that the differences are athletic. I just think Ronnie wouldn't necessarily be a 10X world champion had he modelled himself on Phil Taylor lol.

The guy practices 8 hours a day and whenever under pressure alwayd pulls it out, he lives for his profession and is constantly trying to get better, if ronnie had that attitude he would win alot more.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2010, 06:36:22 PM »

I think what Baron is saying is that there is a spectrum to the difficulty/atheleticness of different sports, for example:

Boxing>>>>>>>rugby>>>>>>>football>>>>>>>>>tennis>>>>>>>arm wrestling>>>>>>>>>snooker>>>>>>>>darts>>>>>>>>>>scratching your arse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>poker

But what Guy is saying is that the difference between snooker and darts, relative to this spectrum, is marginal

Boxing>>>>>>>rugby>>>>>>>football>>>>>>>>>tennis>>>>>>>arm wrestling>>>>>>>>>snooker>darts>>>>>>>>>>scratching your arse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>poker

Which I happen to agree with.

All the other sports are rough guesses, I might be wrong and footy might be tougher than rugger etc
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2010, 06:39:41 PM »

I think what Baron is saying is that there is a spectrum to the difficulty/atheleticness of different sports, for example:

Boxing>>>>>>>rugby>>>>>>>football>>>>>>>>>tennis>>>>>>>arm wrestling>>>>>>>>>snooker>>>>>>>>darts>>>>>>>>>>scratching your arse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>poker

But what Guy is saying is that the difference between snooker and darts, relative to this spectrum, is marginal

Boxing>>>>>>>rugby>>>>>>>football>>>>>>>>>tennis>>>>>>>arm wrestling>>>>>>>>>snooker>darts>>>>>>>>>>scratching your arse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>poker

All the other sports are rough guesses, I might be wrong and footy might be tougher than rugger etc

As do I.

Agree with this whole post. (And worded far better than I have managed!)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2010, 06:39:58 PM »

Boxing>>>>>>>rugby>>>>>>>football>>>>>>>>>tennis>>>>>>>arm wrestling>>>>>>>>>snooker/darts>>>>>>>>>>scratching your arse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>poker

fyp

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2010, 06:43:52 PM »

The guy practices 8 hours a day and whenever under pressure alwayd pulls it out, he lives for his profession and is constantly trying to get better, if ronnie had that attitude he would win alot more.

Fair enough if this is true but I read an interview with him not long ago saying the far east will be amazing at darts in a few years as their players practise 8-10 hours a day which is almost double what he does.

Hence why I would have compared to Hendry (as he's in the same sport not as snooker is the daddy of sports or nuttin)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »

I would have thought Snooker, with it's considerable strategic elements, requires a lot more concentration endurance than darts.

Obesity and difficulty with concentration endurance are not unrelated, thusly there are not many snooker players at the top level who aren't physically fit.

I'm prepared to accept Snooker as a sport. Darts is a defo just a game, (unless one of those big bastards is in the same room as me, I don't want sat on)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:08:54 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: