blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:00:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "In the Well" with Jack Ellwood
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "In the Well" with Jack Ellwood  (Read 25293 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 11:47:58 PM »

Did interview with Jack today, forgot to mention, sigh. I think he's just moved house, so is obv really busy etc. Is actually a really nice guy, and obv v.v.v. good at poker, sure he'll get round to it in the end and will be worth the wait etc. ffs guys its been less than a day, give him a chance!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2010, 12:03:44 AM »

According to his facebook, he's a bit busy tonight playing hungry hippos!!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2010, 03:13:35 AM »

Did interview with Jack today, forgot to mention, sigh. I think he's just moved house, so is obv really busy etc. Is actually a really nice guy, and obv v.v.v. good at poker, sure he'll get round to it in the end and will be worth the wait etc. ffs guys its been less than a day, give him a chance!

Pics or he doesn't exist.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »

Good Well this, cheers Greeky.
The Lad

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2010, 01:08:39 PM »

he said he'll be 'grinding his well' this evening.

obv just another case of Cos gettin grimmed!
Ellwoodinho

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 01:24:43 PM »

Most baller purchase?

Bit of background as to how you got into poker etc?

Apologies that this has taken me a little while to get started but here we go....

I got into poker pretty standard way, playing with friends in home games etc. This led to watching it on TV and trying to spin up my student loan online, generally unsuccessfully. Over time I learnt a few things became profitable and went from there....

As for baller purchases there havent been that many, I bought a car and a nice watch.... I get stick from my friends for being sensible with my money, compared to some of them anyway....
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2010, 01:36:37 PM »

awwwwww ruined it, just after I rub Greeky with the 'friend' pic too.

I mean, welcome to Blonde 
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2010, 01:40:22 PM »

awwwwww ruined it, just after I rub Greeky with the 'friend' pic too.

I mean, welcome to Blonde 

gtfo

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Ellwoodinho

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2010, 01:43:03 PM »

Some may not know this, but some random clown on 2+2 started a rumour that Jacks FTP account belonged to an underage american kid following his FTOPS win, so my questions are:

Did Full Tilt do much investigation into who you were following this? Did they freeze the money at all?
Did you ever find out who the idiot was who posted the rumour and if they were indeed trying to jump a pay grade?
How worrying was it at the time?

Also lend us a grand after CF.

Also, favourite wrestler?
Biggest animal you could kill with your bare hands?
Last time you punched someone?
Yeah the whole 2+2 thing was just a bit ridiculous. I never found out who posted it or why, the only thing that makes any kind fo sense is that someone was very optomisticlly trying to get me 'd so they could move up the pay ladder. It didnt take too long to get sorted, Full Tilt just did the usual request for proof of ID and that was that. I didnt really worry about it at the time, I kknew I had done nothing wrong so it would just be a matter of time, I did worry a little bit that my name/ rep would be ruined in the online community but that all seems to be fine.

My favourite wrestler was always Steve Austin, aint watched in years tho...
Ellwoodinho

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »

What car do you drive

Standard subway order?

Do you think newcastle will get relegated?

Congratz on big scores

I drive an Audi A5 currently but I will be upgrading in the next couple of weeks Smiley

Subway Melt everytime, gonna go buy one right now actually.

Newcastle 100% staying up imo...
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2010, 01:55:47 PM »

thanks for doing this jack.
Coupla questions.  
Ur biggest leak outside of poker, if any?
What online players from the UK do you rate highly ?
What online regs do you hate playing against?
How did ur mum react when u got 4th in the WCOOP main for $500k?
Have you ever sat out of an online mtt for a short time to have sex?
Why are you not a stars pro yet?
And if its not becoming a sponserd player, what is your main aim for the next 12 months?
Ellwoodinho

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2010, 02:09:19 PM »

How did you begin playing poker? And how did it lead to you playing the larger buyin tournys?

Ever done a fair wedge playing cash whilst drunk?

Ever dressed up as a blues brother?

What you wanna be doing in 5 and 10 years time? what do you think you will be doing?

Ok i'll give a more comprehensive answer to the back story question.... I started playing poker just casually with my brother and some friend, generally just like a £5r round my parents kitchen table. A few of us got really into it and started playing online and watching various things on tv late at night. Around the start of 2008 I decided I could make a living from it and over the next couple of years I grinded low stakes mtts slowly building my roll. Over this time I met a few players who were ina  similar situation to me and we all helped each other out discussing hands etc and our games progressed. As for playing larger buy in tourneys... i guess this just came as my brll increased although i'd always like t take shots when i thought it was ok and i'd try to sat into as many bigger mtts as i could i guess hoping for a break... then this year at UKIPT Manchester it happened and things just went from there....

My playing drunk record is ridiculously good...few times i came home drunk and played 25/50 online all turned out well despite waking up and remembered id played but not remembering any hands, usually followed by a hilarious browse of the hand histories. Also play in the local 1/2 and 5/5/ games after nicghts out in Newcastle occasionally, pretty sure ive not had a losing session, anyone reading this whos played with me in aspers will probably say i ran like god....

Ive never dressed up as a blues brother but i do get thise questions a lot

In 10 years i\d love to still be playing poker but things might change, i really have no idea where ill be or what ill be doing.
Ellwoodinho

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »

Does it sadden you that amongst all your achievements, people have forgotten the epic 0.5bb comeback on the final table of the Nutz £5 festival rebuy?

Do you think you'll ever loose a dinner/bar flip?

Is a 3021% ROI in online events +$2000 sustainable?

Whats the best piece of advice you'd give someone who wants to play poker for a living?

What price would you give me on Tom Mac winning the main next year?

sick year though mate, just shows where relentless hard work will get you, really really well deserved and Im ridic proud of you Smiley

Love lil Dave x

That does sadden me, I still regard this as my greatest acheivement in poker, also I'd like you to do it justice, I beleive it was a £10 rebuy...

I think a lot of people would back me up on this, I lose about 75% dinner flips Im in and lose all the big ones. apparently this is 'justice'

3021% running below ev imo...lol

I'll give you 908349015709382509183 to 1 on Tom Mac. Pretty sure he turns 21 after next years wsop....
Ellwoodinho

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2010, 02:24:41 PM »

Biggest downswong? And how/why did it happen? Was it short and sharp or long and soulcrushing?

Biggest downswing in $$ terms was between the scoop and the wcoop, maybe like $50k... Didnt do too successfully online, then had unsuccessful trips to Barca, Vegas, Partouche in Cannes and a few others, it did get me down but I could just think back to the beginning of the year and how far i'd come and i couldnt be too disappointed. Also i was confident it wouldnt be too long before id get out of the downswing. In my earlier days as an mtt grinder i'd have downswings that were much smaller but represented a much bigger % of my bankroll, these definitley hurt more....
Ellwoodinho

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2010, 02:27:01 PM »

Do you like fish finger sandwiches with red sauce on?

Have you ever taken a picture of your own poo?

Boxers or briefs?

Who's your ideal woman and why?

Yes
No
Boxers
Your Mum
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: