blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Venetian deepstacks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Venetian deepstacks  (Read 11739 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2010, 03:01:51 PM »

scarlet pimpernel

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »

played 2nd 340 yesterday, good early start, unsure regarding one hand. weak passive 25ish american, been limping a lot, opening a lot, probs playing 50%+ hands limps co off 13k, i iso a8dd, flop K104ddd (nice life) i cbet 650 into 900 (75/150), he cr to 2k, i call. Turn , he bets 4.5k. At this point im close to 100% sure he has 2p+ and jam, in hindsight i shoulda got greedy but id been very active, probs mistake. He later said he had AKo.

Get up to 20k then play a hand like a spacker, american young limpyfish who has been pretty aggro postflop limps button in family pot. I complete sb w Q10o and QJ8ss flop is pretty rough, all check to yank, bets, i call, hu to turn. Turn 4o, c/c, river 6o and i c/c which is pretty bad as they tend to pot control way too often, pretty bad. Had kinda been walking into nuts for a while and made a ridic bad curiosity call.

Another hand i check option w K6o after co and btn limp and lead a 4h57dd flop. button peels. turn , bet/call. River is a and i go for a c/c and he bets v big, i call and 62hh is good.

Crippling hand, i overlimp A8ss in mp @ 150/300. Flop 34Qss and i can see very tight young american loading up looking very excited, checked through me (obv want multiway dominated action and hate getting it in v this guy), he bets 1/2 pot. I call. turn A, i c/c 1/2 pot. River brick non-spade and he bets 1/3 pot, i continue playing like the best hand-reading station in the room and call expecting to see 33/44 but really hoping hes thinly vbetting KQ, wp martins.

This hand took me from 12k to 5k and i then 3b jam over a loose utg open @ 200/400/25 and get a coldcaller from the bb (some spanner who'd been there all day), his KJ holds v AK and it was time to eat another californian candy bar and get paralysed for 24 hours.

in truth played pretty badly today, gonna start squeezing a tonna more tomoz and 3betting a lot, think the majority of  field are too weaktight and need to start being a little bit looser.

English only please

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »

Alex's tourney reports are the greatest.

Historians are going to find them in future centuries and believe they have found a new language.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2010, 02:54:11 PM »

really srtuggling. these tournament fields are like nothing iv encountered for a long time, so many players with cape's on it makes it incredibly hard to continue accumulating. Played the 3rd $340 yesterday and was pretty depressing. Went from 10k to 30k really fast doubling up w Q8 v Q2 on Q82hh early on and getting a cr turn bluff and river jam in 3b pot through. Then this guy turned up and it went pear shaped.

Hand is kinda ridiculous. I open 63hh in co, shortie jams and gets coldcalled by one oldish fishy yank and this short golf guy. I make a v loose peel. Flop Q72ddd. Flop gets checked round. Turn is a and due to my seating i cannot see that allin guy has actually left the table. I stab 3.2k into 9kish (pretty sure guy has no d by his whole standing up when flop drops routine). 1st guy folds and 2nd guy jams after dealer mucks allin shorties hand. Im like WTF how can you just muck that, hes allin! Anyhow golf guy shows utter air and points out that guy has left the table. Marvellous.

I then get involved in a squeeze thats utterly ridiculous. Yank limps, guy on 8k iso's, guy fresh on table coldcalls button and i squeeze 84hh biggish (openers stack is perfect). Limper (golf) calls, opener folds and button tank calls. Flop KJ6hh gets checked around (planning on check jamming over yank, c/c v unknown). Turn is a 2 and i bet 5.2k into 9k. Golf calls. River is a T and i giveup, he sets me in and shows me 77. Hmmmmmmmmmm, you win the cockwave i guess.

Over the next 2 hours i see some of the most insane poker iv ever witnessed, 5 way pots where players check jam 99 over a 4k bet into 2k with 8k on A84ss and some incredibly optimistic play. I get cold 4b twice in this period, which im pretty sure means im running into the goods in these fields. I think you really have to dumb down to an almost animal mentality to beat these ppl.

Pretty happy with the value in these though obv, so 1 more 340 then the bigger comps. oyoy, doing my bets here rupert and paul! Tongue

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2010, 05:00:33 PM »

Play worse if possible

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2010, 05:16:15 PM »

I would tighten up a bit Alex, and cut down on the 'plays'. Too many players in Vegas will call you, especially in bigger pots. If your 63 anit hitting flops or getting through pre then just give it up. You'll get plenty of spots to get it in good.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2010, 05:37:06 PM »

I would tighten up a bit Alex, and cut down on the 'plays'.

You can't ask a man to stop breathing imo

sola virtus nobilitat
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »

ok ill bring a book.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2010, 06:07:14 PM »

Play worse if possible

my bet is on the $1k. might need to score to get home.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2010, 07:02:17 PM »

winnnnn the world, you have to run good once right?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2010, 12:56:37 AM »

Play worse if possible

No it isn't

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2010, 02:07:57 AM »

Gl
Just try not to do too many fancy plays in this weak and soft field.

Just me
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2010, 03:10:20 AM »

Play worse if possible

No it isn't

EAD
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2010, 07:25:10 PM »

meh, no good guys, i ended up playing 4 $340's and 1 $540, my exit hand of which put me on sufficient tilt to not play the 1k. Basically the day before i had played with some young french kid and we had been having a bit of a war, which resulted in me crippling him and him busting. Fkit ill do the whole 540 report.

So you get a bean more chips in these and my starting table looked reasonable. 1st hand i open JJ from mp (hu v smartly dressed 50ish american), flop Q84ss, i check, he checks back, turn is an offsuit T, i bet and he call. River is a , i bet, he raises and i call. KQss is a nice hand. I then 3b JJ v a fairly loose young polish guy, he flats and i check back a A94 board, he leads big on 2 turn and overbet sets me in on K river, which was pretty tough spot and i think i made a mistake folding (he didnt show, but his body language was identical to later on when he pulled a big bluff and got looked up). I go down to 5k before getting JJ in v KJ in a single raised pot against another shorty bvb when i open, he calls and i c/c a K65ss board when he jams. Get that back up 3b jamming AQ and holding v A9 then playing a few small pots before i get a bluff snapped off post-antes by a hero. Elect to nit for a bit as table has got much more active/showdown happy.  I dwindle from 15k to 8k then see utg open at 100/200, v tight young guy 3b from mp and i jam KK from the big and he makes a dubious 3/2 call with Q8s which i hold against.

Table breaks and im opposite of french nutjob who has about 100k at 200/400. Average 35k and i have 19k. I open AKo utg+1 to 1150, get called by old tight guy (who we had both played yesterday) and frenchie squeezes to 4500 from the SB. I jam and he tanks. I always wonder how ppl tank in these spots, either ur 3betting to get it in of 3betting to fold no? Anyhow he calls w 108s and the 88J board was a bit of a bugger. Felt really frustrated after this and elected to not play the 1k after going out. Cheers for stake guys, will ship back money on the site i recieved. 
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2010, 07:29:55 PM »

Ul mate

Just me
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: