blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:44:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Selling at 1.1:1 for the Amsterdam, Master Classics of Poker Main Event
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Selling at 1.1:1 for the Amsterdam, Master Classics of Poker Main Event  (Read 4545 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 03:17:43 AM »

Far to nitty mate Smiley
+1

s'ok tho once we're working for Lord Sugars we'll be putting cody-lewis into these things Smiley

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 11:33:42 AM »

Hey guys,

I'll write an update at the end of each day on here, but another good way to follow will be on Twitter via:

http://twitter.com/#!/stuartrutter
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 04:31:31 PM »

gl 2moro Stu

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
CelticGeezeer

Viva la Quinta Brigada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 04:48:41 PM »

Hey guys,

I'll write an update at the end of each day on here, but another good way to follow will be on Twitter via:

http://twitter.com/#!/stuartrutter

FYP

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 06:41:23 PM »

Quick update at dinner break at day two:

91 left, I have 35k, average is 38k. 28 in the money, we play down to 45 today.

I've been updating quite a lot on Twitter, and will carry on doing so (stuartrutter)

It was a fun but frustrating tournament for the best part of one and a half days, which had my stack dwindle as low as 4,200. A magic ten minutes suddenly turned that into 28k, and a few mintues later into 42k.

Feeling pretty good about the tournament. I haven't played too great, but passed trip aces and trip tens on my way down, and people showed better hands, so faded an earlier exit.

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 03:36:56 PM »

It's bad news from Amsterdam unfortunately....

My tournament came to and end fairly late last night, one hand after losing AK vs AQ all-in pre flop for most of my 23k stack.

It was a fun tournament, but one of the more frustrating, as the deck never really gave me the chance to get into it. However, one of the more disappoiting tournaments actually had one of the best ten minutes spells I have ever had, as I span 4.2k into 42k in the space of five hands. Things felt really good after I had enjoyed two coolers with aces.

The first was super-standard; I was lucky enough not only to pick up aces, but to have someone pick up AK. The second was more bizarre. I raised, again with aces, and had two callers. A flop of 9c6c2s looked decent, and I bet 2.8k, which was passed by the first and SNAP-peeled by the second, on what turned out to be a bizarre float with KJ. A turned jack looked like a blank to me, but was actually the gin card. Strangely, after no hesitation with king-high on the flop, the guy took ages to call my slightly-over-pot sized shove. In fact, the tournament was of a surprisingly poor standard throughout, which was one reason it was frustrating to have no joy outside of these ten minutes....
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 03:43:54 PM »

...... I'll not look back at any big mistakes, but at the same time there was fewer exciting spots than you would expect in one and a half days of poker. This was hurt by the only downside of a great tournament, which was that we inexplicably played ten-handed for most of the time I was in.

One key hand that featured in my downturn from 42k to a luck-reliant 22k was when I raised with AQo UTG to 1.5k, and had one caller on the button. I missed a Ks6d2d flop, but bet 2.2k into 4k to set up a possible barrel. I was really looking for my two gutshot cards (jack and ten), and got that as the turn came Ks6d2dJs. I feel it's a great card to barrel fairly small, as he basically has to fold anything that's not a king (or better). I bet 3.3k into 8.4k, which was called, and it now felt alot like KQ. I was just contemplating something big on the river when one of the worst barrel cards came, the 6 of spades, for Ks6d2dJs6s, and I think I was right to give up. I was shown KQ, and obviosuly wish I hadn't put any chips in the pot, but I think it was the right lne.

Was definitely very gutting to get it in good with AK vs AQ and not hold (but then all these spots are just 50/50s in tournaments, as if I am on the wrong end of the cooler, it goes in exactly the same).

Thanks for all the staking guys, sorry not to have better news.
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 01:51:10 AM »

gg m8, ul.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: