blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:53:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Remembering Big Laz
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remembering Big Laz  (Read 24498 times)
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 10:27:07 PM »

Beautifully written

RIP Laz

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 10:42:34 PM »

Thanks for sharing your memories of Laz with us. So beautifully written x

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »

A truly brilliant Post by Thomas, summed up the big Man just so.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 04:38:13 PM »

I should add that a wreath has been arranged "from the blondes" for the Funeral tomorrow.

Several Members PM'd asking if this would be the case, & could they donate?

The wreath has been paid for, but if you'd like to donate, rather than send me the cash, please send a donation to

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/

Or....

http://www.gosh.org/raisingthestakes/

Or any other worthy Charity.

Thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 09:15:14 PM »

Great post tank u have a way with words
 I never met laz only chatted online and I could tell
straight away he was a top bloke
rip
big laz

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 08:23:38 AM »

Laz's funeral will take place at 11am this morning.

Much respect to The Big Man, & thoughts are with his friends, family, & most especially, his brother.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 10:29:28 AM »

I will be thinking of Laz at 11am.

I hope all those who could not be there to pay their respects in person will join me and observe a minute's silence.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 10:41:42 AM »

I hope all those who could not be there to pay their respects in person will join me and observe a minute's silence.

I will be doing the same.

Goodbye big man.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 10:43:31 AM »

Likewise.

RIP LAZ.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 10:56:32 AM »

Indeed I will.

Found a great pic last night of Laz, Thomas, Boo, Red, Mr Kendall and myself from a Dtd trip a couple of years ago - I will try and get it posted later today when I get home.

Thomas's post is just to good to follow for someone as word shy as myself - but I was lucky enough to do a few trips with Laz over the last few years and am lucky to have many memories and story's that will live on, being told off for gambling in the bookies with Tank, having lessions in Scotch (the drink) or learning you don't snore with an Ipod on and of course a few Tarby story's all bring a smile to my face today.

RIP my friend.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 11:03:45 AM »

Likewise.

RIP LAZ.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 08:43:45 AM »

The funeral was a good one as funerals go, the local priest (there were 3 doing the service, Big Laz was well known in more than the football & poker circles) made sure there were some laughter as well as the unavoidable tears. the church was completely packed out, and there was a good turnout of blondeites and ex-blondeites, Eck getting a particular mention for driving down from Alloa. Laz is buried about 50 yards away from Jinky Jimmy Johnstone, considered Celtic's greatest player, so that's the wee man not getting any peace now.

The flowers from blonde were beautiful and particular mention was made of the messages of support from the internet, which the familly took great comfort from.

Click to see full-size image.

There was a fair contingent from AC Celtic - a supporters' team Laz was involved in, they'd a fair few stories about him too, one wrote a tribute to him, you can read it here http://www.etims.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3031&Itemid=2.

The wake was a lot of fun, Terry & Laz's Dad were there & it was laughter all the way as Laz was remembered. As Steph (Teacake) said "The Big Man would have loved this, getting everyone together and telling stories about him".

I need to add one story about Laz's home game (again reminded to me by Steph), a few of us, Teacake, Scottish Dave, Div, etc went to Laz's first home game - now the Big Man likes to have the best of everything, big house, lovely conservatory, big new poker table, nice chips, the overflowing drinks cabinet & the big cigars, so we're there about to start the game, and Laz brings out the cards - Chad Valley kiddies playing cards, actually cards is a bit of an exageration, kiddies playing papers would be a better term. As you can imaging Big Laz took a bit of a slagging, his excuse was that his Kems hadn't arrived in the post.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 10:30:10 AM »

Just read the link, thanks for that Rod, it made me smile and cry at the same time.

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 02:30:46 PM »

Never seen so many people at a funeral.
Also never seen so many priests at a funeral, met Steph outside who says "typical  Laz - 3 priests!! has to outdo everyone!"  Grin

For that matter never seen such worried faces on pall bearers either fwiw  Smiley

Goodbye big man you left a lasting impression on me and by the looks of it most of the west of Scotland.  Kiss
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »

Nice words Tank & Rod, just two of many tributes paid to the Big Man over the last week. I was lucky enough to have witnessed most of Tanks tales first hand and many others into the bargain, he really was a one off and larger than life itself.

The family have been truly overwhelmed by the sheer volume of tributes and messages they have received, Laz made an impression on so many and they are taking great comfort from this. The numbers at the chapel weren't a surprise but I've never seen so many wreaths and floral tributes at a funeral.

God bless Big Man you'll be sadly missed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: