blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:16:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  live update from tikay's first sponsored event (gutshot)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: live update from tikay's first sponsored event (gutshot)  (Read 20534 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2005, 06:10:20 PM »

It was a pleasure to meet you last night RED-DOG

On the contrary Robert, the pleasure was all mine, one of the things I like most about poker is meeting the people that play it

By the way, lets have a pic of you up, if you have any probs, pester Ironside

The older I get, the better I was.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2005, 06:48:40 PM »

Hope i ain't hung like that frog......the wicked sods have castrated him!!!!

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2005, 10:02:26 PM »

12 runners left, ave stack is 43k Tikay has 34k....

and A7 was involved in a proper rollercoaster hand just before Tikays success....heres the story .no names ....All in preflop A7 v 77 flop brings an ace ...turn brings a 7 giving trips v 2 pair ....and on the river the other ace comes filling up the A7 ....wow.

I can add a little to this 2nd A7 hand. A7 was held by Andy a Vic player who I met away from cards, our paths cross through work. Hiis first, and, I think, only previous trip to the Gutshot was to play in a 30 rebuy when Messrs Ferguson, Lederer and Bloch came along as a publicity event when Gutshot's online site joined up with Full Tilt. Andy knocked out Mr F when his held up against Jesus's .

As for last night, the twist in the tale was that the holder of the 77 was in fact Andy's cousin. They are Greekish so it will probably mean some sort of family vendetta now. Andy got knocked out when he was playing on a 6 handed table and there were 11 left in all. A player fell at the same time from each table so were joint bubblers. When I spoke to him this lunchtime he was a tad "put out".  Roll Eyes

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2005, 10:15:29 PM »

"Greekish? Now now Robert, you know better!

But there was certainly some shouting & hollering & table banging going off when the hand played out. Not surprising really! But your post certainly adds some spice to the drama. Greekish spice that is, not Indianish.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2005, 11:30:19 PM »

Just to complete the picture, here is the actual/official result from last night.

1. Sue "Hussy" Jones 7095
1. Tony "Tagalucci" Jarman 7095
3. Carmy Banin 3096
4. JymJam 2580
5. Tony Phillips 2064
6. Tony Kendall 1548
7. Willie 'Mr Myagi' Tann 1032
8. Alan 'The Hat' Engel 774
9. Sam Jabak 516

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2005, 10:16:25 PM »

Hi Guys,

Ive been pokering now for 3 years and play live at yarmouth regularly when im back home from university.

im quite consistent and have finished in the money several times.....i play a lot online aswell and its now more of a job than a hobby!

Anyway i want to move up a gear on the advice of a friend who plays regulay at the gutshot (Ben Milkybarkid Grundy)

I just wanted to get to know a few people before i started going as i am young and dont want to seem a minority amongst the players in their 30's/40's!

Anyone wish to speak to me feel free to send an email.

I am a regular follower of blonde poker and must say guys you do a fantastic job posting tourney results.....two names that stick out are colchester kev and tikay, its great for players like me who want to go further in the game and find out more about whats its like

Keep up the good work guys

Ben Mayhew

betfair username - Sunday8pm
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2005, 11:14:03 PM »

Thanks ben for those kind words, and welcome to the forum, I have to admit to being a little embarrassed that you mention my name as a "name" on the forum, truth is I just have a lot of time on my hands...some may say too much Smiley  This forum is really a family forum, and every single member of it is considered family, and everyones point of view is welcome and discussed in a friendly and sometimes humorous way...And the best thing about this place is the fact that there is no "pecking order" your opinion, as the newest member of the forum is just as important as the founder member's opinion, and thats the way we like it.... again welcome and dont confine all correspondance to email, use this forum..its what it is here for.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2005, 11:58:49 PM »

What a great reply kev, this time the big dollop is spot on

The older I get, the better I was.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2005, 12:27:05 AM »

A family is a great way of putting it. We all know who the grandad is and spoilt noisy child who like to get his own way but who would class as the baclward cousin? Answers on a postcard (blonde hat for best response?)

ariston

better lucky than good
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2005, 01:30:36 AM »

Welcome to blonde Sunday8pm. The guys have said what needs to be said - now enjoy.

But one thing, if it's not too late.

You ae OBLIGED to post in the thread under "General Discussion" entitled "What's in a Name?"......I am intrigued by your moniker, so tell all please. But we don't want to know the lady's name.......

And Ariston - No, we DON'T know who the grandad is. Pack it in, OK? Tug the tale of the tiger - thats Tony Tiger - at your peril.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: