blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:19:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Haye v Harrison
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Haye v Harrison  (Read 19345 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 02:12:43 PM »

Never in the field of human conflict was so little expected from someone who has so much and owes a good performance to many, but up to now has delivered so few.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 02:22:55 PM »

Im actually going to the fight, only cos my mates are going for a bit of a knees up. I also have a bet on Harrison (part of an accumulator that will come in if Audley wins).

I think, most likely, it will be a dogshit one sided annihilation of Harrison, but I had to bet because the 6-1 I got was too good, there are hardly any boxing matches where someone is a 6-1 dog even when severely mismatched. Add to that what Kin said about him having the ammo, Haye taking it lightly and having a suspect jaw plus the off chance of a bad judges decision, and I think it was a good bet at 6-1.

That said, always wanted to boo audley in person so cant wait for that

Why didnt you do it when you interviewed him you big scaredy cat!!! Now you'll go do it hidden amongst thousands of fans- poor show!

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 02:28:43 PM »

Anyone know where I can catch the Pacman fight online? Much rather watch that than pay to watch this awful "fight"

I think its on normal skysports

Sunday 2am SS1/SSHD1 and repeated at 11am SS2/SSHD2

Cool, haven't seen any commercials for that one. Sky+ and watch it in the morning it is then Smiley

I know I had to go digging to find that one out; think Sky are probably keeping it on the lowdown in case it affects PPV figures.

Quite glad theyre both on the same night; having a lads night for it- Ice in bath for the beer, some munchies, bit of gambling and a shitload of booze- between fights theres about a 5 hour window- could be messy!

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 02:30:15 PM »

Im actually going to the fight, only cos my mates are going for a bit of a knees up. I also have a bet on Harrison (part of an accumulator that will come in if Audley wins).

I think, most likely, it will be a dogshit one sided annihilation of Harrison, but I had to bet because the 6-1 I got was too good, there are hardly any boxing matches where someone is a 6-1 dog even when severely mismatched. Add to that what Kin said about him having the ammo, Haye taking it lightly and having a suspect jaw plus the off chance of a bad judges decision, and I think it was a good bet at 6-1.

That said, always wanted to boo audley in person so cant wait for that

Why didnt you do it when you interviewed him you big scaredy cat!!! Now you'll go do it hidden amongst thousands of fans- poor show!

I actually did tell him in the interview that I am one of the people that boo'd him, it was on the phone so I got all Greekstein pretend brave
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 02:39:35 PM »

Anyone know where I can catch the Pacman fight online? Much rather watch that than pay to watch this awful "fight"

Cool, haven't seen any commercials for that one. Sky+ and watch it in the morning it is then Smiley

I know I had to go digging to find that one out; think Sky are probably keeping it on the lowdown in case it affects PPV figures.

Quite glad theyre both on the same night; having a lads night for it- Ice in bath for the beer, some munchies, bit of gambling and a shitload of booze- between fights theres about a 5 hour window- could be messy!

What odds are you giving that half of you are unconscious when Pacquiao steps into the ring to fight?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »

What odds are you giving that half of you are unconscious when Pacquiao steps into the ring to fight?

haha; there are usually a few casualties but should be alright- at 27-30 you would think we should have probably grown out of our pranks but basically everyone is too sh!t scared to sleep never mind the boxing. Going home>>>>>> falling asleep in a flat full of immature lads

Especially coz all the GF's are banned so they're not there to control
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:35:50 PM by Hairydude » Logged

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 06:05:39 PM »

I know boxing is run by a bunch of bullshitters, but the hype they have created about this fight is ridic.

It's a mismatch. Haye is going to marmalise Harrison.

This - I cant fathom some of the people speaking up for Harrison. Haye in 2-3 rounds.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 03:40:22 AM »

Never in the field of human conflict was so little expected from someone who has so much and owes a good performance to many, but up to now has delivered so few.

This needs more love although would have been doubly impressive if you had posted it at 11.11am.

Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 03:53:19 AM »

This needs more love although would have been doubly impressive if you had posted it at 11.11am.

Ty for quoting it, otherwise I would have prob missed it.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 06:16:23 AM »

some dodgy internet link will do the trick, not paying 15 quid
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 11:07:12 AM »

Harrison has got some impressive attributes and he beats Haye in every area of physicality. He's taller, heavier, longer reach, and he can bang just as hard. Also Harrison is an experienced boxer now so that 6/1 or whatever looks like great value. However, there is a problem. Harrison is a coward, a big comedy coward who could readily star in an episode of Scooby Doo as a replacement for Shaggy. The guy doesn't like hitting people and likes getting hit himself even less, and that's rather problematic if you're hoping to win a fight. This fight has been manufactured purely for money and anybody who pays PPV to watch it has been conned. Admittedly I've paid for it so have been conned myself, drat, but then again I'm paying purely to watch A-Force get sparked and I hope whatever pride he's got keeps him on his feet long enough to get properly mashed up. I read Harrison in the paper yesterday and the guy's still chatting on about his gold medal. lolz.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »

I know boxing is run by a bunch of bullshitters, but the hype they have created about this fight is ridic.

It's a mismatch. Haye is going to marmalise Harrison.

This - I cant fathom some of the people speaking up for Harrison. Haye in 2-3 rounds.

i'm certainly not speaking up for harrison, but 7/1 for the ko has got to be decent value, we all know haye is by far the superior fighter, but he does have a suspect chin and audley can punch......so there is always that "boxers chance" and 7/1 seems worth a small punt
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »

Anyone know the expected ring entrance time?  I'm out and wont be back til 11ish

9.45pm

Commentary doesn't start til 10, so perhaps nearer 11 after all?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 05:06:53 PM »

Anyone know the expected ring entrance time?  I'm out and wont be back til 11ish

9.45pm

Commentary doesn't start til 10, so perhaps nearer 11 after all?

Not seen a big fight (yeah, I know this isn't really a big fight) on Sky that's being fought in this country start before 10:30.  Not that I can remember anyway.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 06:29:21 PM »

They have been saying on Sky all week 9.45 is the EARLIEST. So if all the undercard are 1 rounders then it might happen but half 10 sounds about right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: