blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:44:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Haye v Harrison
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Haye v Harrison  (Read 19350 times)
Bigfella

View Profile WWW
« on: November 11, 2010, 12:00:50 AM »

5.3 on Betfair to go the distance - what do you reckon? Harrison is a Bugner type boxer he doesnt like to mix it up and is ultra cautious so he might defend for 12 rounds and Haye will be happy to win every round on points?

I'm no expert but have had a few quid on this as it looks a decent bet to me. Dont mind losing though if it means Harrison gets ko'd.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:36:06 AM »

Anyone know the expected ring entrance time?  I'm out and wont be back til 11ish

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 10:38:55 AM »

I know boxing is run by a bunch of bullshitters, but the hype they have created about this fight is ridic.

It's a mismatch. Haye is going to marmalise Harrison.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »

I know boxing is run by a bunch of bullshitters, but the hype they have created about this fight is ridic.

It's a mismatch. Haye is going to marmalise Harrison.

Definitely a fight I won't be spending any money on to see on PPV. 

I think Haye will take Harrison apart, but Bigfella's bet also makes sense if Harrison tries to box and hide, although I can't see him throwing enough at Haye to keep him away for 12 rounds.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 01:05:09 PM »

Anyone know the expected ring entrance time?  I'm out and wont be back til 11ish

9.45pm
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 01:13:45 PM »

9.45pm

They don't need to bother having the fight at a time that suits the US, as this fight must have virtually zero interest to anyone outside the UK (and most in it as well).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »

Anyone know where I can catch the Pacman fight online? Much rather watch that than pay to watch this awful "fight"

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 01:18:36 PM »

Anyone know where I can catch the Pacman fight online? Much rather watch that than pay to watch this awful "fight"

I think its on normal skysports

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »

Sunday 2am SS1/SSHD1 and repeated at 11am SS2/SSHD2

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 01:26:55 PM »

If Harrison goes past 3 rounds I'll be surprised!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 01:37:23 PM »

Of crse haye shld win, but audley can def throw a punch-if he can be arsed- and haye's chin is not exactly known as the most solid.

Just because im watching this ive had a pony on harrison to win by ko@7-1.

Pretty sure ive only done this bet as ive played harrison at poker and never even met the hayester, but id also prob like to see him pulled down a peg or 2, think either of the klitschko's wld pulverise him.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 01:42:01 PM »

Of crse haye shld win, but audley can def throw a punch-if he can be arsed- and haye's chin is not exactly known as the most solid.

Pretty sure ive only done this bet as ive played harrison at poker and never even met the hayester, but id also prob like to see him pulled down a peg or 2, think either of the klitschko's wld pulverise him.

I've said it before (think we had a long thread about Audrey), and he's certainly got the physical attributes.  He's quick, big, strong and can punch (with combinations).  BUT, and it's a huge but, what use is all this ammunition if you don't use it?  If he'd had the odd fight where he didn't perform you could forgive him for taking it easy on those nights, or having an off night.  But it's virtually every fight he has.

On top of that, he's lost (and lost badly) to fighters who wouldn't put a scratch on Haye.  Of course any heavyweight has a chance if they can land a big shot on the target.  I just don't see Harrison having the bottle or drive to stand up to the inevitable flurries from Haye and throw meaningful stuff back.  Haye has to mess this one up monumentally for Audrey to have any chance, imo.

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »

I've said it before (think we had a long thread about Audrey), and he's certainly got the physical attributes.  He's quick, big, strong and can punch (with combinations).  BUT, and it's a huge but, what use is all this ammunition if you don't use it?  If he'd had the odd fight where he didn't perform you could forgive him for taking it easy on those nights, or having an off night.  But it's virtually every fight he has.

On top of that, he's lost (and lost badly) to fighters who wouldn't put a scratch on Haye.  Of course any heavyweight has a chance if they can land a big shot on the target.  I just don't see Harrison having the bottle or drive to stand up to the inevitable flurries from Haye and throw meaningful stuff back.  Haye has to mess this one up monumentally for Audrey to have any chance, imo.

Kinda agree with that all.

Wldnt be at all surprised tho if haye takes this way too lightly, and of crse for audley this really is his last chance.

One clean punch is all that he needs, and surely he'll have the bottle to have a go.

7-1 seemed fair.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 01:57:01 PM »

Sunday 2am SS1/SSHD1 and repeated at 11am SS2/SSHD2

Cool, haven't seen any commercials for that one. Sky+ and watch it in the morning it is then Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 02:09:28 PM »

Im actually going to the fight, only cos my mates are going for a bit of a knees up. I also have a bet on Harrison (part of an accumulator that will come in if Audley wins).

I think, most likely, it will be a dogshit one sided annihilation of Harrison, but I had to bet because the 6-1 I got was too good, there are hardly any boxing matches where someone is a 6-1 dog even when severely mismatched. Add to that what Kin said about him having the ammo, Haye taking it lightly and having a suspect jaw plus the off chance of a bad judges decision, and I think it was a good bet at 6-1.

That said, always wanted to boo audley in person so cant wait for that
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: