blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:58:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Haye v Harrison
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Haye v Harrison  (Read 19353 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2010, 10:53:56 PM »

PBF vs Manny would be bloody hard to call

I'd definitely be backing Manny,It'd be an incred fight and would be very tempted to go if it's in Vegas.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2010, 10:55:31 PM »

I'd like the chance to call it though.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »

lol Alaskan5ive the dirty little grimmer posting itt.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2010, 11:02:44 PM »

?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2010, 11:05:09 PM »

?

He likes to sell 100+% of himself in tournies apparantly.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2010, 11:11:21 PM »

I'd definitely be backing Manny,It'd be an incred fight and would be very tempted to go if it's in Vegas.

I've always thought it'd be close but the more I think about it the more I like Manny for it.
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2010, 01:23:39 AM »

Harrison is an utter joke....the thing is he's that much a prick he'll prob continue fighting for dimes!

Many fight is what we wanted and didn't have to pay £15! Lot of respect for margarito tho; guy has what Harrison lacks... a lot of heart

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2010, 01:42:06 AM »

Harrison is an utter joke....the thing is he's that much a prick he'll prob continue fighting for dimes!

Many fight is what we wanted and didn't have to pay £15! Lot of respect for margarito tho; guy has what Harrison lacks... a lot of heart

Except when having his gloves loaded with plaster of paris potentially endangering his opponent's life and having the huge heart to take the piss out of Freddy Roach's parkinsons. I'm glad Manny ruined him.
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2010, 01:57:35 AM »

I agree with everything u say baron; but he acknowledged his mistakes(maybe a bit indirectly cuz still kids on he wasn't aware) but in terms of this fight there was just 2 guys in a boxing ring and he gave his all! Great fight

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2010, 08:25:45 AM »

PBF ?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2010, 08:52:32 AM »

PBF ?

Pretty Boy Floyd.  It's what he calls himself.  That and Floyd 'Money' Mayweather. 

Quite a humble sort.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »

guardian today

Who has the worst job in television? Anne Widdecombe's dresser? The producers of Daybreak? No, not even close. Step forward, Ed Robinson, plucky young toiler for Sky Sports, assigned the task of interviewing Audley Harrison after Saturday's title fight in Manchester.

Think about it. Robinson has to go into the dressing room of a heavyweight boxer who has just seen his career, along possibly with several of his teeth, go down the toilet, and ask him what went wrong – as if we had not just seen. It was clearly a disconsolate, diminished heavyweight Robinson faced – you could tell that, because Audley Harrison forgot to refer to Audley Harrison in the third person – but still, when all is said and done, a heavyweight, while Robinson is built along very much more modest lines.

It is difficult to say for sure because our reporter was wearing a suit, but he struck me as closer to the "before" picture in the Charles Atlas advert (younger readers, ask your dad) than the finished article. With that in mind, it was an act of some bravery to respond to Harrison's analysis that David Haye "just caught me with a good shot", by suggesting it was more a case of the challenger being, er, quite frankly, rubbish.

"You were very negative, you just landed one jab in the whole fight," Robinson reminded his quarry, without the hint of a tremor in his voice. I admire that, because Harrison has seen off enough bus drivers, nightclub bouncers, and other journeymen in his glittering professional career to suggest that a young Sky reporter giving him grief could be decked without too much difficulty. Well, all right, maybe the jury is still out on that, but the possibility did not seem even to have occurred to our hero.

"Do you regret not going for it?" the intrepid Robinson asked (subtext: by throwing a punch or something), to which Harrison replied that his strategy had been to "keep stepping up" as the fight progressed, taking it into the later rounds where he might complete his mission, as he liked to put it. Oh yes, he did consider changing his game plan at one point: "When I got up and beat the count [in the third round], my mind kind of switched," said Harrison, giving a good impression of a man who briefly contemplated snapping shut the padlocks on the stable door, when the horse was already outside in the car park with his feet up, smoking a contemplative fag and shooting the breeze with a few of his mates.

Harrison was pathetic, in the sense of provoking feelings of pity. Anyone with a spark of humanity could not fail to be moved as the camera closed in on the bewildered figure slumped in the corner of his dressing room. You could almost forgive the bluster, the vainglory, all the third-person nonsense we have endured over the years, watching Harrison crumple before the unforgiving lens. That is the elemental nature of boxing. As Nigel Benn, interviewed before the fight, said: "There's no coming back for the loser."

In no other sport is every contest as career-defining as in the fight game. Seeing Harrison in that corner was like compressing two months of cutaways of Avram Grant or Roy Hodgson – if either lasts that long – looking glum and defeated on the sidelines into one three-minute interview. "He's somebody's father, somebody's husband, somebody's son," said former cruiserweight champion, now Sky pundit, Johnnie Nelson. "You've got to feel for the guy." Fellow pundit Barry McGuigan agreed, but added: "It's a terrible thing to say, but he's delusional and always has been. He never tried and that's been the story of his life."

The former featherweight champion then set about redefining irony for those of us who had shelled out £14.95 for the fight: "He's been a salesman for the past two weeks. He never fooled me. Let's be honest about this, totally honest. Because that's what we need. On a lot of these TV shows we don't tell the truth."

Now he tells us. Actually, you could watch TV for a lifetime without seeing hubris so movingly depicted. In that sense I do not begrudge the price of admission. It was drama at its bleakest. I used to think the coldest, most miserable place on earth was outside the Slots 'o' Fun amusement arcade in Cleethorpes on any weekday afternoon in November, but now I believe it may be Harrison's dressing room on Saturday night.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2010, 11:04:08 AM »

?

He likes to sell 100+% of himself in tournies apparantly.

Ya a while ago Jake bought him into the 300 and I also bought 10%. fk knows if any other mugs had any too.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »

http://www.skysports.com/haye/story/0,27000,17213_6509190,00.html

Harrison might have his purse withheld.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2010, 05:54:16 PM »

And now Haye denies he had a bet at all, despite saying the exact opposite post fight

BBBOC rules specifically prohibit boxers betting on their own fights

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: