blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:47:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $1-$2 Live hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $1-$2 Live hand  (Read 3190 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2010, 11:25:39 PM »

I am on the button with Ah and have about $350.  Very nitty (when raising pre) player in MP playing $350ish raises to $11 and I flat call.  The small blind who is a lady laying $60 who seems pretty clueless and is playing no limit for the first time today (she is a regular limit player) comes along for the ride. 

Flop comes .

SB bets $10 and Villain reraises to $20 and I reraise to $65....SB calls all in and Villain raises to $130.  Hero?

Based on my knowledge of the player I would put his range for raising pre at KQo+, 99+ possibly a bit wider but I am 99% certain he limps in with 77.  Based on this what do I do???  He is a pretty straighforward player and I would doubt he has many bluffs in his range especially not on this board.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:29:07 PM »

obv not folding, he has akcc, run good.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 11:29:29 PM »

With those reads call flop get it in on a non K/fd maybe turn.
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:32:22 PM »

Dont think he is doing this with 77+ or KQ   i would call and hope for a none Club and then get it in on the turn  he could easy have           , call the flop jam the turn if its a blank
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:42:23 PM »

we have a ridic huge hand here and the guy has basically commited himself to the hand. Im arrrrrrrin. Honey..

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 11:44:14 PM »

once uv made it $65 u have no other option other than jam imo.

too much valued missed cos he's never folding anything once he's made it $130 and i'd rather stick a fork in my face than fold.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 11:48:26 PM »

norr just get it in now

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 12:20:18 AM »

3 betting narrows their range just about as much as possible ! i'd flat the $20 and go broke if SB jams for the 60.  it's also not a complete disaster seeing a turn card.

edit: dont even really wanna go broke with this nit minraising the flop, he probably has aces or queens tbh.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:44:22 AM by Rupert » Logged

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 12:50:37 AM »

we are never actually folding aq here though right? If he does somehow have a hand we are dominating and doesnt have axcc then i much prefer to get it in here than him being scared on the turn when the fc comes.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 12:52:04 AM »

edit: dont even really wanna go broke with this nit minraising the flop, he probably has aces or queens tbh.

I dwelt for ages and this was my thought too.  Given that I had ruled out 77 I then narrowed it down to AA and QQ but given I had an ace and a queen I was effectively narrowing his range down to two exact holdings so ended up persuading myself into shoving....he called straightaway and had QQ.  I understand the thinking and I suppose AcKc is part of his range and also the other AQ's but I still can't help thinking against this oppo I should have been able to find a fold...Am I being too results orientated???

Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 12:55:18 AM »

Meh not IMO.  It's not like we are thrilled to get it in against a range thats QQ AA AK AQ.  And if you're read is right (which seems very reasonable for a live game with a huge nit in) that he's not raising AJ pre or any other suited aces, what else can he have

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 01:46:34 AM »

oh and, fold pre

Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 01:36:47 PM »

Nitty openers are more likely to open high value cards than SC's so we need worry less about them playing draws aggressively. Conversely, we should be looking toget it in ASAP to avoid these cards which will scare/slow down the guys AK or w/e he has.

@whollyflush on twitter
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 02:05:19 AM »

If you can't happily play for stacks on this flop vs this villain then you have no business calling preflop with AQ.

No way of knowing what his min raise of the SB's lead means, so no point in doing any advanced soul-reading. Obviously in this case it turns out he is taking a retarded value line with the effective nuts, but you couldn't know this during the hand.

You should be more concerned about a 'bad card' coming on the turn that loses you your market, than a bad card coming that loses you the pot. So get the money in right now imo.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 11:15:18 AM »

oh and, fold pre

disagree, nits gonna giveup a lot of money down the streets oop. Raising flop is not good. Probs if he bombs the turn calling 1 more and folding to a river jam often.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: