blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:44:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  MiniFTOPS turn spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiniFTOPS turn spot  (Read 862 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2010, 08:17:15 AM »

A friend gave me this HH over the phone so don't have many specifics i'm afraid. I know he's in the last 2500 of a 15,000 field so assuming near the money bubble. He's been at his current table 3orbits, raised about 3 hands one of which ended up allin pre and doubled up with aces.

He raises  in the hijack, to 2.1x from a 30bb stack. Cutoff flats playing 40bbs, the blinds both playing 40bbs both fold.

He cbets a TT4 flop. Villain calls. Turn comes a J. He checks and villain "bets pot". I think he said the bet was 20k and Hero has 54k total.

What hand does villain have to bet pot on the turn here, that he flats pre, and flats the flop with? Should our turn line be bet/call, check/shove, check/fold? check/call shove river? seems a kind of gross spot...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 02:29:34 PM »

Nice bink vs KQ, jam and hold now

fwiw this is pretty much a cooler imo if you don't have the best hand here

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 02:40:59 PM »

Hmmmm, I initially thought he was polarised between hands that he was slowplaying and hands that he was floating with. He could have floated and picked up equity. I'm not sure if b/c is better then checking

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 07:04:50 AM »

we discussed the idea of check calling the turn and then check folding the river. pretty unconventional but if we check jam the turn we fold out all hands we beat (except KQ and QJ) and get snapped by everything that beats us. if we check call, then we have 34k left, and the pot on the river will be 60k. Villain unlikely to bluff us by the river? i dont know, probs just being results orientated and maybe its just a cooler, just trying to think of ways to avoid getting stacked...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 01:48:29 PM »

i like c/c, c/f i think

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 01:54:25 PM »

well yeah I dislike check jamming for reasons stated, also not a great deal to protect from.  ch/call turn I think is standard even tho he potted, rivers going to suck but check fold it I think, all his weak showdown hands that he was just potting cos he's a fish (like 88, AQ, etc) are gonna check back I think and the only bluff that continues really is 89 and KQ which we have blockers to.  sounds like the sort of player who could value jam a worse jack but hard for him to call with one of those in his hand on the flop

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: