blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:39:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD & Blonde.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD & Blonde.  (Read 5711 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2010, 12:10:13 AM »

DTD's sponsorship of Blondepoker Forum will cease on December 31st. It's not a termination as such, the deal was on a month-by-month basis, & we part on excellent terms.

We were informed of this about 8 to 10 weeks ago, but our total support for them has continued 100%, & we shall continue that line until Dec 31st.

Beyond that, in deference to incomng sponsor(s), we shall continue to large up what many (me included) think is Europe's, maybe the world's, best Cardroom. However, their stuff will have to go on the correct Boards - Live Poker, Internet Poker, etc, & will not be "stickied". So, DTD news WILL still be very much available on blonde for those that want it, & I'll certainly big them up in every way I can.

Why the parting of the ways? Two main reasons, I think.

1) It was not delivering financially. Hard as we & they tried, we could not get blondes to support DTD Online, & ultimately, DTD is not a Charity. blondes, of course, have no obligation to support our Sponsors, but without sponsors, we have no means to fund stuff. And if we cannot convert blondes to play a little on DTD (that was all that was needed) DTD have less inclination to bung money across to blonde every month.

2) DTD are moving their comms in a new direction, which, essentially, makes blondepoker redundant to their needs.

A few cases of inappropriately phrased feedback did not help, either - it serves no good purpose to be rude to sponsors - but I think 90% of it was 1) & 2) as above. 

I don't think that there are any "if we coulda woulda" caveats about the deal. DTD tried their best to make it work, Tighty delivered way over the odds, far beyond the terms of the Contract, & I supported it financially to the tune of several thousands pounds of my own cash.

But it never delivered revenues, so that's that.

I'd like to make special mention of Tighty, who did more than everyone else combined to try & make it work, & who was bitterly disappointed that it did not. He delivered way above what was required, including giving DTD News Feeds etc which were not part of the deal. He's some special bloke. In effect, we use sponsors income to pay Tighty, & without a sponsor, we have a problem. I hold the view that Tighty's value to DTD in PR terms was immense, but the problem is nobody can quantify it. In any event, their plans going forward obviate the need for Tighty's PR puff.

I'd also like to thank Rob, Nick & Simon for their support of blonde right from the moment the idea of DTD was born. We fitted like a glove, imo.

DTD have moved the goalposts as to what a good Cardroom should do, & it remains the best venue to play. I have no doubt that poker players will continue to view the  DTD Club for what it is - the best, with or without blonde. Job done, really.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 12:11:58 AM »

Is blonde under threat as a result of this?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 12:13:19 AM »

blonde will be updating next week's Monte Carlo at DTD as per normal, & although it's not been confirmed 100%, the indications are that it wll be blonde's last DTD Update, as they are working on alternative plans.

The DTD-blonde Updates, mainly of the wonderful monthly £300, are the highlights of blonde in many ways, so that's a major blow, but, again, it was not yielding any financial return to DTD whatsoever, Rob may as well have set light to £50 notes. We all enjoyed them, but eveything costs money.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 12:14:06 AM »

As soon as DTD informed us, we set out to find new Sponsors.

Three parties were keen to work with us, & all three were very acceptable, & fit for purpose.

All wanted exclusivity, of course.

Eventually, one was selected, & their Tenancy will commence on January 1st.

We will not reveal their name until then, as that would not be fair on DTD, who have paid up until Dec 31st.

On January 1st, we start over.

Very intensive & detailed planning is already in train to start with a bang, & sleeves are rolled up to try & make it work. I'm very optimistic that this time, we can get the blondes to support the Sponsors, which, in turn, pays blondes bills.

We shall see.

Onwards & upwards, as ever.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 12:22:23 AM »

Is blonde under threat as a result of this?

Not as such, no.

I don't want to overly embarrass anyone, but it's quite straightforward really.

As of now, blonde is more a Community than a commercial entity.

Fixed Costs, in the main, are Tighty's wages, & the Hosting costs.

The income from DTD covers, in effect pays, Tighty. Without income at that level, we have no means to pay him. I assume you can work the consequences of that one out.....

The Hosting costs, about £230 per month I think, are paid personally by me. In truth, so long as the place remains a happy place, where we can chit & chat & stuff, I'm happy to continue to fund that, if not indefinitely (my retirement, & with it, loss of income, has to come eventually), at least for the foreseeable future.

So no, blonde is not under threat as such. But without funds to pay Tighty, we'd have no Tighty, & that would, I think, be the last straw. He's an immense force of industry & good, & it's inconceivable that we could continue without him.

The income from the new sponsor will cover Tighty's wages, but the tenancy is only for an initial 3 months, then to be reviewed based upon financial returns & performance. Another message that should need no decoding......
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:24:13 AM by tikay » Logged

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 12:35:55 AM »

Now I'm very drunk so I'll state that first and I also think Flushy is one of the nicest people from Blonde that I've met and I generally couldn't really give a shit how much money ppl have,trust me, BUT how come Flushy didn't wear a Blonde badge when he played  the WSOP ft's ? Now I know I'm a clown but was he not allowed to ? If he was then why are people wasting time wearing them in a DTD 300 when the owner of Blonde didn't bother to on worldwide scene and if he wasn't allowed then WTF ?

I like DTD but I love Blonde and I know you aren't going against each other but Blonde will be fine.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 12:40:05 AM »

PS I'm a drunk clown
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 12:40:33 AM »

BUT how come Flushy didn't wear a Blonde badge when he played  the WSOP ft's ?

I have to say I wondered this myself. I guess if it was something to do with Full Tilt it makes sense. Colclough wore a Blonde patch or hat or something at a televised final table back in the day so I doubt it was that he wasn't allowed...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 12:41:21 AM »

PS I'm a drunk clown

QFT.

I knew when I didn't see you at the tables tonight, that you would be hammered.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 12:42:20 AM »

Now I'm very drunk so I'll state that first and I also think Flushy is one of the nicest people from Blonde that I've met and I generally couldn't really give a shit how much money ppl have,trust me, BUT how come Flushy didn't wear a Blonde badge when he played  the WSOP ft's ? Now I know I'm a clown but was he not allowed to ? If he was then why are people wasting time wearing them in a DTD 300 when the owner of Blonde didn't bother to on worldwide scene and if he wasn't allowed then WTF ?

I like DTD but I love Blonde and I know you aren't going against each other but Blonde will be fine.

Yes, blonde will be fine.

Flushy may seem to move in mysterious ways, but without him, Tighty would not still be here, as Flushy paid the overdue balance of his wages (a 5 figure sum) via an interest-free loan to the Company. He's almost a sleeping partner in many ways, but there's value in that, as he leaves Tighty to get on with things & does not interfere.

Flushy's current position with FT, too, makes things a little complicated, as do mine with next door. Nothing is quite a simple as it may seem at first sight.

If we had a money crisis tomorrow, which I was unable or unwilling to meet, I'm quite sure Flushy would do the necessary, so I'll happily settle for that.

PS - Keep that Diary going. More & more, these player Diary/blogs - bliarys? - are the way forward, & yours is excellent.

PPS - Drink less.Wink
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:50:47 AM by tikay » Logged

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 12:46:08 AM »

Flushy may seem to move in mysterious ways, but without him, Tighty would not still be here, as Flushy paid the overdue balance via an interest-free loan to the Company. He's almost a sleeping patner in many ways, but there's value in that, as he leaves Tighty to get on with things & does not interfere.

Flushy's current position with FT, too, makes things a little complicated, as do mine with next door. Nothing is quite a simple as it may seem at first sight.

If we had a money crisiis tomorrow, which I was unable or unwilling to meet, I'm quite sure Flushy would do the necessary, so I'll happily settle for that.

My post was in no way ment as a pop at Flushy it's just something I've always wondered and now I'm pissed enough to ask,hoping none offence was taken as none was ment
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 12:49:48 AM »

BUT how come Flushy didn't wear a Blonde badge when he played  the WSOP ft's ?

I have to say I wondered this myself. I guess if it was something to do with Full Tilt it makes sense. Colclough wore a Blonde patch or hat or something at a televised final table back in the day so I doubt it was that he wasn't allowed...

Knowing Flushy, it never crossed his mind, he simply never thought about it in the excitement of the moment. I don't think anything sinister should be read into it. And, as it happens, I'm not sure that wearing the badge on TV makes much difference to anything, apart from "ooh, look, a blonde badge". I may be wrong there though. Viewing figures for Televised Poker barely register on the scale, by the bye. We live in this little world of poker not realising that there is a real world outside, & poker is not of much import to 99% of the population. Strictly X Factor & Corrie Live are the things that matter, God help us.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:54:17 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 12:53:31 AM »

Flushy may seem to move in mysterious ways, but without him, Tighty would not still be here, as Flushy paid the overdue balance via an interest-free loan to the Company. He's almost a sleeping patner in many ways, but there's value in that, as he leaves Tighty to get on with things & does not interfere.

If we had a money crisiis tomorrow, which I was unable or unwilling to meet, I'm quite sure Flushy would do the necessary, so I'll happily settle for that.

My post was in no way ment as a pop at Flushy it's just something I've always wondered and now I'm pissed enough to ask,hoping none offence was taken as none was ment

Understood. I bet 100 people have asked me the same question, tbh, & I don't really know the answer, other then I stated above, & I've never thought it important enough to ask him. I sat next to him - briefly..... in a Tourney this evening, & had a perfectly spiffing time. I won't hear a word said against the plump slow-rolling degen.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 01:04:12 AM »

And I won't be the one saying it against him Smiley
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 01:05:08 AM »

It could be that no-one had a blonde badge on them in Vegas? Dunno just a possibility.

1) It was not delivering financially. Hard as we & they tried, we could not get blondes to support DTD Online.

I've said it a few times before, but I really don't think it sunk in to the guys at DTD that their site is just really horrible for grinding on. It's ok for the recreational players who play one table here and there or a couple of MTTs and I've played the odd satellite on there but these are not the people that are really going to make any money for DTD.

I would have played on pretty much any skin blonde had as I was doing when blonde was with ipoker, but I just could not do it on that software and I'm sure it was the same for many others.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: