blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:29:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  MC for MC
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MC for MC  (Read 3928 times)
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 01:16:46 PM »

Sigh, no-one got my post yet Sad

but thanks EvilPie Tongue
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:18:22 PM by MC » Logged

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 01:38:41 PM »

Mc is so good his name is already on the trophy!

Gl with this man. I'm pretty busto due to my business start up in jan or I would have taken a decent chunk of both!

See you in brum next week !

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 01:43:26 PM »

Mc is so good his name is already on the trophy!

Gl with this man. I'm pretty busto due to my business start up in jan or I would have taken a decent chunk of both!

See you in brum next week !

is this the website you were setting up??
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 01:47:39 PM »

Pm sent to keep off mcs thread

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 01:58:17 AM »

Sorry to report we bust.

Felt like I played well on my opening table. I guess some would question my 48cc hand if you saw the reports, but really felt like his mini-3bet on the flop was allowing himself to fold to a shove, and didn't have him on the monsters that would mean I could fold. Had a fun hand where I isolated a limper pf (who was playing his first live tournament) with 77. Flop T85 (1 heart), check check. He led the Jack of hearts turn, I called. Then he bet the A of hearts river, and I made a decent raise. He tanks and ends up calling. I muck my cards (although they don't hit the muck) and he shows down sixes! I say sorry, flip my cards and scoop the pot. Wiiiiii value raise.

Got moved from not-the-best-starting-table to an even worse table featuring James Keys and Jerome Bradpiece. Pretty much got owned whenever I chose to make a move in a pot. Managed to dwindle down to 10k thanks lastley to a blind on blind hand where I floated the flop and bet the river on K74A3. He sigh called with KQs which was obviously a stronger hand than I expected him to have. I shoved 9Ts from middle position with ~11k at 400/800 (75) which is the bottom of my range, but the adjusted blinds are really 600/1200 so I was happy to shove against most of the people I was shoving into who I didn't think are calling me correctly. Obviously Jerome has KK on the button. Sigh.

Am pretty bummed about how my 2nd table went. Sorry I couldn't give you guys more of a sweat after having a decent start.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 02:21:57 AM »

again, as with cos, ill take 10% if u can justify the mark up.

What you will get for your premium is someone who has been playing soley tournament poker proffessionaly for 4 years.

epitomised --- stars
fido7dido---- tilt

i believe i was also in the top 3 most sucessful cash game players on the old tribecca network.

Many top players on blonde will hopefully vouch for my edge in big field tournaments.

£1k is too much money for me to buy into one tournament, but i do believe that i will have a good edge on a lot of the players who buy in outright.

I am approximately £40k up from my live poker games including a win in last years galway ukipt side event and a chop of two bellagio events.

I have played 58 £300+ events, final tabled 12, made the money in 17 and won 1 outright.

I understand that it is a fair amount of money to shell out for a small percentage, and believe me if i had a £150,000 roll i would enter myself.

I do feel that i am above the standard of the players that will be participating in the Monte Carlo and that i have more experience, due to grinding online through countless hours than many of the 'name' pro's will have.

Its not for me to pick this apart, but I do feel someone needs to act on behalf of BACKERS interests. This isnt a dig at you but generally everyone overestimates themselves.

If 2+2 were correct then 99% of the field would be +ev at 1.2-1 in the PCA for example!

But if someone calls you out, to use a claim that you were one of the biggest winners in cash on a site, but then follow it up with OPRS where ur current average stake is less than $20 or whatever is surely just plain ludicrous.

As for admitting you need £150k to buy into a £1k event where you feel you have an edge?Huh??  I mean it just needs explaining cos whilst you have read you can go 150 mtts without a result etc. It is a one off tournament and you can take a shot, it doesnt work like this and you are showing huge naivity imo by suggesting people need £150k to buy into what you call a soft £1k tourny live

As I stated not a dig personally as you are a nice kid
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 02:27:19 AM »

again, as with cos, ill take 10% if u can justify the mark up.

What you will get for your premium is someone who has been playing soley tournament poker proffessionaly for 4 years.

epitomised --- stars
fido7dido---- tilt

i believe i was also in the top 3 most sucessful cash game players on the old tribecca network.

Many top players on blonde will hopefully vouch for my edge in big field tournaments.

£1k is too much money for me to buy into one tournament, but i do believe that i will have a good edge on a lot of the players who buy in outright.

I am approximately £40k up from my live poker games including a win in last years galway ukipt side event and a chop of two bellagio events.

I have played 58 £300+ events, final tabled 12, made the money in 17 and won 1 outright.

I understand that it is a fair amount of money to shell out for a small percentage, and believe me if i had a £150,000 roll i would enter myself.

I do feel that i am above the standard of the players that will be participating in the Monte Carlo and that i have more experience, due to grinding online through countless hours than many of the 'name' pro's will have.

Its not for me to pick this apart, but I do feel someone needs to act on behalf of BACKERS interests. This isnt a dig at you but generally everyone overestimates themselves.

If 2+2 were correct then 99% of the field would be +ev at 1.2-1 in the PCA for example!

But if someone calls you out, to use a claim that you were one of the biggest winners in cash on a site, but then follow it up with OPRS where ur current average stake is less than $20 or whatever is surely just plain ludicrous.

As for admitting you need £150k to buy into a £1k event where you feel you have an edge?Huh??  I mean it just needs explaining cos whilst you have read you can go 150 mtts without a result etc. It is a one off tournament and you can take a shot, it doesnt work like this and you are showing huge naivity imo by suggesting people need £150k to buy into what you call a soft £1k tourny live

As I stated not a dig personally as you are a nice kid

Man, no-one seems to have gotten this but that post was just a joke.

I copied and pasted Triggs post from: http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=35197.0 ...and edited it to fit myself .... I thought it was funny he brought up the topic of charging a 1.1 premium having read that thread recently.

Obviously I wouldn't have mentioned Tribeca cash games from 2006 if I was serious about my edge! The numbers such as live tournament winnings were just guesses, and I went for 150 buy-ins just cos I thought that was the accepted bankroll guidelines for MTTs these days, although obviously your point about taking a shot is valid.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 02:28:51 AM »

ok cool- tbh 2+2 staking is tilting me in general to the whole thing. Buy shares in someone on a Sunday, pay a 30% premium, hear badbeats, receive 25-40% of stake back. Rinse and repeat lol

Edited- just read that Trigg thread and massive apologies as it was a great post from you
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 02:33:32 AM »

ok cool- tbh 2+2 staking is tilting me in general to the whole thing. Buy shares in someone on a Sunday, pay a 30% premium, hear badbeats, receive 25-40% of stake back. Rinse and repeat lol

Edited- just read that Trigg thread and massive apologies as it was a great post from you

Yeah, know what you mean re: 2+2 staking. Wasted my time on PTP recently.

Lol no worries re: post, probs should have made it clearer so I didn't come off like a dick!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: