blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 09:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 1022 1023 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2588432 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15270 on: May 17, 2013, 02:40:30 AM »

Poker related question for ya....

What do you think the minimum start roll should be to start playing live cash regular?

I usually play live tourneys(recreational but win obvs) but have only ever played cash twice, played it loads online and i know i can beat the game just not sure whether to have a starting roll which i can top up or just take a couple of hundred extra to play cash if i bust and still playing well.

Think 2k is enough to get started in a 50/1 game with a £100 buyin. Some 50/1 games play like a 1/2 though, with straddles and a higher maximum buyin, so for those you'd need more like 4k. Depends on the game and also your style, tight solid players need less than aggro maniacs of course.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15271 on: May 17, 2013, 02:55:05 AM »

My game is off this week. Something is wrong.

I'm pretty sure I know what is causing it. There's been a lot of stress this week dealing with certain issues. Pretty new situations to me, and I don't think I've handled them as best as I could. My family taught me to always be considerate to other peoples feelings, and to always be honest, even though it may seem hard. I've tried to live by that but not always succeeded.  I feel pretty bad at the moment. I feel like I've not handled things properly.

Sunday's win has just completely flew by me, morale untouched, completely forgotten really. It doesn't feel the same at all when it's numbers on a screen. Real life chips, or cash is so much sweeter.

Need to shake myself up a bit and get back in the game, Sunday is a big day.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #15272 on: May 17, 2013, 09:15:14 AM »

I'm pretty sure I know what is causing it. There's been a lot of stress this week dealing with certain issues. Pretty new situations to me, and I don't think I've handled them as best as I could. My family taught me to always be considerate to other peoples feelings, and to always be honest, even though it may seem hard. I've tried to live by that but not always succeeded.  I feel pretty bad at the moment. I feel like I've not handled things properly.

Sunday's win has just completely flew by me, morale untouched, completely forgotten really. It doesn't feel the same at all when it's numbers on a screen. Real life chips, or cash is so much sweeter.

Need to shake myself up a bit and get back in the game, Sunday is a big day.

Why the stressed dude ? Take it as I come .

Btw , I thought Sunday is only a big day for Mitch for his roast dinner!! Lol
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #15273 on: May 17, 2013, 10:04:24 AM »

What do you think the minimum start roll should be to start playing live cash regular?

I usually play live tourneys(recreational but win obvs) but have only ever played cash twice, played it loads online and i know i can beat the game just not sure whether to have a starting roll which i can top up or just take a couple of hundred extrhia to play cash if i bust and still playing well.

Think 2k is enough to get started in a 50/1 game with a £100 buyin. Some 50/1 games play like a 1/2 though, with straddles and a higher maximum buyin, so for those you'd need more like 4k. Depends on the game and also your style, tight solid players need less than aggro maniacs of course.

Thanks just interested.in your thoughts I'm more onthe loose side :-)

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #15274 on: May 17, 2013, 12:19:56 PM »

I feel pretty bad at the moment. I feel like I've not handled things properly.

That's OK.  It's an opportunity to show your mettle and how you can put things right.  Everyone fucks up from time to time.  It's those who can accept that and do something about it that have character.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #15275 on: May 17, 2013, 01:13:37 PM »

No idea what's happened but, as VBlue (and Tom Selleck's character in Blue Bloods) says, it's all about what you do next.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15276 on: May 17, 2013, 01:41:17 PM »

I usually play live tourneys(recreational but win obvs) but have only ever played cash twice, played it loads online and i know i can beat the game just not sure whether to have a starting roll which i can top up or just take a couple of hundred extra to play cash if i bust and still playing well.

I find that having just a £100 to try and spin up works for me!!!! BRM,what's that all about?

Cymru am byth
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15277 on: May 18, 2013, 12:27:16 PM »

Things have been off for a few months actually. Winning at online poker? Not won a live tournament?! Going to the gym? Cooking?!

My whole life has been turned upside down, whilst staying exactly the same.

Last night again, out of nowhere, I won an online tournament! Madness. It was a 100euro french freezeout that is on every day, I've just sharkscoped it because I knew it was my nemesis tournament - I've played it 150 times and never had a decent result in it, down a massive chunk, so it was some nice redemption to finally god mode it. So that was good for 3.7k - still down lifetime in in though!

Another highlight of yesterday was making a run in my first ever Ante up tournament! I played the L and M scoop and got a cash in the M for $250 or something. #winningplayer. Was pretty weird, spoke to a few people about them and made some OK adjustments, but there's definitely a lot I would've missed out on and just watching some of the good players was pretty helpful.

After the session I drove off to DTD in high spirits looking for a bit of a laugh. The £1/1 game looked perfect but there was no seat, instead I got a £2/2 DC started. Bash and Wadey love getting me in the game Cheesy #bumhunters

2/2 seems an OK level to learn at. I mean I'd rather player even smaller probably but games just don't run. I won a £900 padooki pot making a 654A vs 3 or 4 players and holding which was nice. Now I felt v uncomfortable with Sham and Giblin covering me, and Sham is a very good player. Not wanting to HNR the regs I carried on playing and then totally butchered a hi/lo hand with AAKQ56 dbl suited  (only one suited ace), by repotting pre oop on the triple straddle WHY U DO DIS. I didn't want to flat and be oop multiway with no idea what to do on most boards. So I should just fold pre ISIT. I ended up getting in a £1.5k pot with Giblin with Evil Pie and Habib allin for ~£125 on the side each. We got it in on 558 when I was still winning but he had some punty bag of shit that made a full house on the turn and a better low.

This was precisely why I didn't want to play this deep, felt like a bit of a twat playing such a huge pot when I'm "learning" the games. What else can you do though? Hi/lo is the one game you can learn to play small online. But superstud and padooki there's just no equivalent (the closest to super stud is 7card stud hi/lo but it's fixed limit which is rubbish. And Badugi is not the same at all really, and again its fixed limit I think).

Oh well, all good experience, and I actually covered Giblin in this hand so I left with £29 profit for the session Cheesy

I'm going to post a cool sharkscope graph. I've combined my results in MTTs on Winamax, .fr and .com (99% of my online volume) since January 2012 (when I started playing online MTTs) and now we're in the green Smiley Online MTTs accounted for 1/3 of my volume last year, and about 15% of it this year. Pretty sick how you can just get out of it so quickly, when it takes you a year to get in it.

Click to see full-size image.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15278 on: May 18, 2013, 01:03:26 PM »

Another wee bit of excitement coming up. Just booked flights for a little trip next month.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #15279 on: May 18, 2013, 01:27:13 PM »

Wow sick! Have a blast met!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #15280 on: May 18, 2013, 01:44:39 PM »

Might see you out there.

I'll be the one with the massive chip stack

Because I'll be on a limit table.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15281 on: May 18, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »

Might see you out there.

Really you going Tal? Awesome. You should defo join us for dinner one night. Or more than one night!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #15282 on: May 18, 2013, 01:53:07 PM »

Might see you out there.

Really you going Tal? Awesome. You should defo join us for dinner one night. Or more than one night!

Last two weeks of June.

Be my fourth time. Hopefully a more financially successful trip than the other three, but there's a group of six of us and it's sure to be a blast whatever happens.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15283 on: May 19, 2013, 02:55:42 AM »

ISPT bullet #3 no good, but a £2.1k winning session in a really fun 1/2 game. top off sick weekend with a winning sunday please?! keep that fire burning...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15284 on: May 19, 2013, 01:37:13 PM »

Ahhhh DC, don't feel like too much of a cock mate, we all have to pay for our education Cheesy

I learnt to play DC in leeds a few years back when after the 2/5 nl game would break I'd head to gala with George W, Lozza G and Tony Milan and we'd play 4 handed 5/5 and all be £2k+ deep and I didn't have a clue lol, I always remember breaking Lawrence's neck off with a ropey Q padooki for £900 cos I thought Padooki's were joke hard to make, then one getting £2k in with  an A246 when Los made the nuts and being devestated lol, I made all number of terrible HiLo plays and got 1/4'd in huge pots when I shouldn't even have played preflop, got myself into silly big superstud hands when I had started out with JT8cc etc.

All just part of the game

Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 1022 1023 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: