blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:00:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  CELTIC CHAOS - Official Killarney Raiding Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CELTIC CHAOS - Official Killarney Raiding Thread  (Read 18873 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2011, 08:54:21 PM »

Fancy a trip to Killarney for a bit of madness with a little poker thrown in?  Might have just what you're looking for.  It's the (unofficial) blonde/APAT/Chezger raiding party to Killarney...aka Celtic Chaos!!!  

Friday May 20th - Monday May 23rd

Celtic Chaos Clan
Laxie
Ger the Duke
technolog
boldie
Mrs. boldie
Paulie_D
Curlarge
Bridget
Sean

Friday May 20th -

Friday night will mostly amount to a massive pub crawl.  I'll post details of venues and what's on around town closer to the time.

There's also poker for those who prefer to spare their livers.  Killarney's only official poker room called The Cue Club has their monthly 'biggie' on that night.  Buy in is €90 + €10 reg.  12k chips and 25 minute clock.  It kicks off at 8:15pm and is usually finished by 2am.

Saturday May 21st-

During the day I'm organising a boat trip around the Lakes of Killarney for us.  Details to be confirmed but I'm told it will probably cost around €10 per person.  Hoping to get one that allows us time on the islands in the middle of the lake to mess about, but either way we'll have a tour guide or two to give ye all the local tales.

Saturday evening we're heading to The Cue Club for a dealer dealt turbo donkfest  deepstack poker tourney.  Buy in is €30 + €5 reg.  40k chips, 10 minute clock and blinds start at lol 25/50...wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii  I've been told it'll be over in four hours.  Cash tables and SNG's sorted at our request on the night too.  But the best bit?  They serve drink in The Cue Club!!!  No need to dash across the road to a pub between hands.

After the poker another pub crawl and nite clubs at your request late into the night.

Sunday May 22nd-

BBQ and Pub Quiz at Martin's Bar in Knocknagree from 1 pm.  When we've had our fill...back to Killarney for the night life.

Monday May 23rd -

GTFO and go home!  lol

Hotel Info.-

Best Western Eviston House Hotel
00353 646631640

Office hours for booking
Mon - Thurs  9am - 5pm
Fri - Sat  8am - 11pm
Sun  8am - 3pm

http://www.evistonhouse.com/

Connie O'Sullivan from The Cue Club has kindly arranged a really good deal for us.  It's a town centre hotel and I nearly fell off me chair when I heard the rate.  You must ring to book it as you won't get this rate online.  Make sure you quote 'Connie's poker rate' for the deal below.

€34 per night pps room only
€43 per night pps B&B

Add €10 to the above if you'd prefer a single room.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:31:08 PM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 08:58:36 PM »

Post in this thread if you're going and I'll add your name to the list above.  Any questions?  Ask away and I'll do what I can to help.   Smiley

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:59:49 PM »

Sounds like a great weekend!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 09:05:10 PM »

Sounds like a great weekend!

So then get booking!!!   

Killarney is only 10 minutes from Kerry Airport with direct flights from Manchester and Luton.

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:11:34 PM »

[X] Flight booked
[X] Hotel booked

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 09:14:59 PM »

What airlines fly from Luton to Kerry for out Friday return Monday I keep getting this:

No transportation was found between London (LTN-Luton) and Killarney, Ireland (KIR-Kerry) that matched your request.
You may want to change dates, departure times, destinations, or search options. Click the Change Search button below to go back and change options to perform a new search on Expedia.co.uk, or click the Cancel button below to go back to home page.

I'll check other flight days..

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »

What airlines fly from Luton to Kerry for out Friday return Monday I keep getting this:

No transportation was found between London (LTN-Luton) and Killarney, Ireland (KIR-Kerry) that matched your request.
You may want to change dates, departure times, destinations, or search options. Click the Change Search button below to go back and change options to perform a new search on Expedia.co.uk, or click the Cancel button below to go back to home page.

I'll check other flight days..

need to go to ryanair website innit

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 09:16:13 PM »

oh and best put me down as a 'probable' for now.  I'd LOVE to come, but not sure it's going to be do-able yet x

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 09:16:41 PM »

Ryanair does Luton and Aer Arann for Manchester

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 09:16:51 PM »

I belive Ryanair's Luton Kerry service is Thurs and Monday flights, or was when I went

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 09:19:49 PM »

Joobs and I so want to do this...but its looking like Vegas and Vegas only.
Delboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 09:24:42 PM »

Yep Ryanair £60 return plus extras......

leave Friday 11am and returns Monday 12.55pm Ideal....

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 09:26:04 PM »

Yep Ryanair £60 return plus extras......

leave Friday 11am and returns Monday 12.55pm Ideal....

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - will I add ya to the list?  Huh, huh?  Will I?   

Delboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 09:32:30 PM »

Would love to. May take a couple of weeks to confirm though.

Can't really take too many weekends away, what with the new baby coming in April.

Paullie_D
APAT Travel Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 10:27:28 PM »

I belive Ryanair's Luton Kerry service is Thurs and Monday flights, or was when I went

LTN - KIR - Return

Fri 20 May 11
FlightFR 842   11:00 Depart 12:30 Arrive

Mon 23 May 11
FlightFR 843   12:55 Depart 14:20 Arrive

Wait...What!?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: