blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:57:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 190367 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: December 24, 2012, 01:13:05 AM »

very well done

Do NOT spunk it all off on the Championship!!!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: December 24, 2012, 01:26:23 AM »

Cheers Tighty.

I have given up trying to predict our league. I do know there was value in Palace early on, of which I backed a big amount on. I might just let that fly for the rest of the season now. Up loads on the Championship this season as it stands.
Palace need to pick it up again imo!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: December 24, 2012, 01:43:19 AM »

Probably a slight hint of a little thin. Update from The Poker Deck.

Anthony Gaughan BUST in 3rd for £4,000

Anthony Gaughan has busted The 888poker Super Stack after playing some absolutely brilliant poker. Anthony told us at the last break how a few of his friends invested in him over the weekend and anyone who did have a stake can feel mighty proud of their decision, let me tell you. Gaughan really brought his A-Game, and just told us that if he'd made heads-up, he was going all out for th win - and we believe him.

The talented young man was all-in with pocket tens, called by Kulvir Kulaira with KQ.

"Argh. I didn;t want to see overs!" sighed Anthony, but he was loving the flop...

FLOP - Q-T-Q

A full house for Anthony, and elation...was short-lived.

TURN - KING!

Kulvir hit a higher full house (three-handed, don't forget!) and no case ten came on the river. It was an incredible beat, and Anthony busted the next hand after being crippled by that hand.

Gaughan - 14,000 (-264,000)
Kulaira - 524,000 (+264,000)

Click to see full-size image.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: December 24, 2012, 12:37:02 PM »

An amazing week of poker for me, and I think I have added a lot of notches to my game but just having a very safe bankroll measure in place. I play so much better when I treat the game for itself without worrying about how much is up for grabs and that possibly affecting my play. It never does live I don't think as I just play it as optimally as I can as there is only one tourn and I play them 2/3 times a month average. With online I play up top 60 a night so any slight niggle in the mentality front and it is going to cost you.

Hopefully next year I will be writing up on the end of my first full calender year as a professional tournament player with great news of success. But no expectancy here, just concentrating on the fundamentals.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 24, 2012, 02:27:25 PM »

Dommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dommmmmmmmmsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: December 24, 2012, 02:29:01 PM »

speeeeeeedddooooooooooooossssssssss
Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: December 26, 2012, 06:30:35 AM »

yes mate! Fantastic end to the year, good job. Big things expected in 2013 including a big roll for vegas babbbbbby
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: December 27, 2012, 03:59:03 PM »

Ben, it's been 5 years since I have known you, I just want to be on your level for once! Will try in 2013, but you are probs going to be pulling away regardless!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: December 27, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »

Staking request for the £1080 Big game at the Genting Cromwell Mint is up if any of you are interested, here...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=59886.0
Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 28, 2012, 03:22:19 AM »

Ben, it's been 5 years since I have known you, I just want to be on your level for once! Will try in 2013, but you are probs going to be pulling away regardless!

plenty of time to catch up now, aim is to be level going into vegas this summer then see who heats it up out there #huinthemainevent1time
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 28, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »

plenty of time to catch up now, aim is to be level going into vegas this summer then see who heats it up out there #huinthemainevent1time

wbn
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 05, 2013, 04:16:23 AM »

Gonna put some effort into planning the structure of this log for this year and will try to make it altogether much more interesting to read.

Have made a massive list of things to do before i start a serious grind online again and that will be occupying my time for a while. This though should get sorted.

I think mainly I am just going to add pictures, post more hand histories, add some GIFs, have much shorter entries and then maybe a mammoth report at the end of each month reviewing different sections of my poker play and prep. Can't promise it will be entertaining, but I will be using it to help me analyse my own play and hopefully add a lighthearted twist to things as 12 hour daily shifts are monotonous, maybe a bit of writing at the end of each day will be something to look forward to.

Sold out my package on here for the £1080 Genting big game on Monday at 60%, so i keep 40% for myself which is more than enough with £16k ish for the winner. Hopefully will win again for my backers. Really looking forward to the tournament and hope that i run well. Would love for it to be the start of a few more successful packages this year as I absolutely love playing live. Which is a bit sick tbh, a lot of travelling to these games and a lot of 5 hours+ gameplay for nothing when you get knocked out before the money, but it is all worth it for when you do a top 4 finish.

jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 05, 2013, 11:56:01 AM »

Skillzz sir, nice. Not read this for a while, last time I remember some online degen $1k shots, or maybe higher. You've mentioned over strict BRM rules you're sticking too, but I can't seem to find them, do you mind sharing them?

Hope it continues, wpwp.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
rbc_mike

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 05, 2013, 12:42:57 PM »

Been reading this diary since the beginning, really good stuff. Gl with 2013!

Dying's for fools.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 06, 2013, 10:58:43 PM »

Skillzz sir, nice. Not read this for a while, last time I remember some online degen $1k shots, or maybe higher. You've mentioned over strict BRM rules you're sticking too, but I can't seem to find them, do you mind sharing them?

Hope it continues, wpwp.

Cheers for the kind words and will let you know more about my BRM, in the next week, it would be fair to say I have toned down, and for good!

Been reading this diary since the beginning, really good stuff. Gl with 2013!

Cheers, nice to know some people are reading it!

Shout out to Simon Deadman on the WPT win tonight. The guy seems to be a poker freak of nature (or at least runs really well Wink), and is always a nice guy to speak to at the table when we played at the GPS Grand Final. Hope his run continues into 2013.

I have a little sweat for tonight if anyone is interested but you will have to be quick. I am in the last 10 of an 888.com $525 qualifier for a $15.5k WSOP ME package. In 5th place atm and Sam holden and Toby Lewis are still in. My name being 2dominant4u.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: