blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 11:42:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272935 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191798 times)
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2011, 11:06:23 PM »

Yeah it's true about the swings in mtts, but as ant has said he's mainly in smaller fields with less variance.

Good luck with this btw ant, it's dom-met u a cple of times and r blogs r linked-altho mine is updated once a year nowadays.

Played ant live a cple of years bk and was v impressed, obv he'll have improved since then too, so i'd be expecting the lad to crush this challenge.

Win it all ant, shots ftw...well sorta! Smiley
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2011, 02:24:18 AM »

Yeah it's true about the swings in mtts, but as ant has said he's mainly in smaller fields with less variance.

Good luck with this btw ant, it's dom-met u a cple of times and r blogs r linked-altho mine is updated once a year nowadays.

Played ant live a cple of years bk and was v impressed, obv he'll have improved since then too, so i'd be expecting the lad to crush this challenge.

Cheers man. Btw can you remind me of the time us two saw eachother two years back? And what one is your blog mate? Currently 12/12 in the 90 cubed on party btw. Need some double ups!
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2011, 09:05:25 AM »

Isnt this just covering over the reality? Whether the games are smaller and weaker than some of the bigger sites doesnt exclude them from variance.

Be on the wrong side of variance for a week and you start doubting how your playing etc...

Just my personal views never played as high as he is.

I am wondering though, are you withdrawing from your roll to live or is all your profit going into building up your roll? From reading it appears you withdraw but is this to live on or just disposable income to have fun with?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2011, 09:47:15 AM »

how did u do in 90 cubed?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2011, 10:15:09 AM »

Hello lewis, the games i play i have an average ROI of about 80 to 100%, so that is whay i feel so confident in my game and as i play small runner fields i can afford to have only a 200 buy in rule, so for $100fs i can have $20000. I sort of have a disposable income aswell mate, but i am trying to make it less disposable, and turn into more of a saver, wouldn't mind paying for a house outright in 3 years time.

Cos i came 11th, was so unlucky yesterday, came 13th in another 30k gtd and 11th again in a 20k, 4th in a 5k, 8th in a 10k and some others. Really frustrating night and think i am about $700 down on it. At one point i was comfortably playing on 21 tables which did make me laugh. I had 12 up on my 24' screen and 9 up on my 15'. The tables just sort of got to 21 as i had over subscribed and i sort of didn't notice what was going on until i was back down to 16. Was an awesome feeling really because i am quick enough to play pretty well despite having that many. I know many people can play more than that through stacking tables but hell to that, i cannot concentrate on them like that so tiling in this way and being able to tile to so many has made me get a warm gooey feeling inside
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »

Cheers man. Btw can you remind me of the time us two saw eachother two years back? And what one is your blog mate? Currently 12/12 in the 90 cubed on party btw. Need some double ups!

Pretty sure it was the empire 200 fo when we both final tabled, and maybe once at the vic for some comp too.

My blog is http://domspokernews.blogspot.com/

Isnt this just covering over the reality? Whether the games are smaller and weaker than some of the bigger sites doesnt exclude them from variance.

Be on the wrong side of variance for a week and you start doubting how your playing etc...

I am wondering though, are you withdrawing from your roll to live or is all your profit going into building up your roll? From reading it appears you withdraw but is this to live on or just disposable income to have fun with?

Nah it's not really covering over the reality. Obv variance is a factor in any game, just not as much in the games he's playing compared to the bigger and tougher fields.
Thus he dsnt need a huge amount of buy ins in his roll if he sticks to these games, all of crse imo.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2011, 10:32:26 AM »

Pretty sure it was the empire 200 fo when we both final tabled, and maybe once at the vic for some comp too.

My blog is http://domspokernews.blogspot.com/

Nah it's not really covering over the reality. Obv variance is a factor in any game, just not as much in the games he's playing compared to the bigger and tougher fields.
Thus he dsnt need a huge amount of buy ins in his roll if he sticks to these games, all of crse imo.

Yep of course i know you mate. I got confused by the nico username, if it had said Dom i would have presumed you. Hows it all going on the pokers front? I think i saw that you cashed in the ukipt Notts?
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2011, 10:50:34 AM »

Poker is tough going right now mate, but it's mainly due to me not putting in any volume.

Yeah another smallish cash at ukipt yep, lost big flip to winner 3 tables out.

Anyway best go put in said volume, win it all ant. Smiley
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2011, 10:57:42 AM »

sweet mate you two, i couldn't think about winning at these games without huge volume so yeh good luck to you.
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2011, 02:32:15 PM »

Hello lewis, the games i play i have an average ROI of about 80 to 100%, so that is whay i feel so confident in my game and as i play small runner fields i can afford to have only a 200 buy in rule, so for $100fs i can have $20000. I sort of have a disposable income aswell mate, but i am trying to make it less disposable, and turn into more of a saver, wouldn't mind paying for a house outright in 3 years time.

Cos i came 11th, was so unlucky yesterday, came 13th in another 30k gtd and 11th again in a 20k, 4th in a 5k, 8th in a 10k and some others. Really frustrating night and think i am about $700 down on it. At one point i was comfortably playing on 21 tables which did make me laugh. I had 12 up on my 24' screen and 9 up on my 15'. The tables just sort of got to 21 as i had over subscribed and i sort of didn't notice what was going on until i was back down to 16. Was an awesome feeling really because i am quick enough to play pretty well despite having that many. I know many people can play more than that through stacking tables but hell to that, i cannot concentrate on them like that so tiling in this way and being able to tile to so many has made me get a warm gooey feeling inside

To have a true roi anywhere near 80-100% ud have to be pretty fucking amazing imo
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2011, 02:36:09 PM »

To have a true roi anywhere near 80-100% ud have to be pretty fucking amazing imo run like usain bolt permanently

fyp

80-100% is unsutainable without a freak 1 off score starting you on 3000% ROI and even then it will have a continual downward trend

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2011, 03:20:20 PM »

To have a true roi anywhere near 80-100% ud have to be pretty fucking amazing imo run like usain bolt permanently

fyp

80-100% is unsutainable without a freak 1 off score starting you on 3000% ROI and even then it will have a continual downward trend

Probs is sustainable for the absolute sickos, but in the bigger fields right?

And probably never gonna realise ur actual MTT ROI in a lifetime anyhow.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2011, 04:13:45 PM »

fyp

Probs is sustainable for the absolute sickos, but in the bigger fields right?

And probably never gonna realise ur actual MTT ROI in a lifetime anyhow.

I will put in a solid amount of volume and then post up my graphs as proof but i think having 80% roi should be sutainable for me across maybe 5 sites, but i wouldn't mind dropping the roi issue until i put in enough volume to prove that it isn't just the one off bink that has my records so high.

How many games must one have in mtts to prove that the ROI they have isn't just a fluke and is a fair reflection of how good they are? Or is it impossible to tell because one massive bink can alter the records deceivingly favourably. I must add though that in my case in playing the euro sites i can never win more than $10k in one sitting on most weeknights with the exception being sunday.
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2011, 04:36:14 PM »

yea 80% ROI longterm seem unobtainable unfortunately.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:39:24 PM by Whollyflush » Logged

@whollyflush on twitter
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »

How many games do you need as proof to say 80% is attainable?

3,307   $22.44     $43     83%   $74,224     N/A   87

that is my life time profits above which doesn't include my first year and a half i played at cryptologic on will hill and the 3 holidays i won and also the extra $10000 on pacific i had won that wasn't logged because pacific have only recently included scheduled into proceedings. So my roi is actually much closer to 90%.

How many more games do i need to play before i can say i am a 80% roi player then, because i am finding you guys' easy dismissal of how maintaining a roi this high is very unlikely, as perplexing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: