blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:51:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191676 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2011, 10:59:03 AM »

Lol @ milligan and ant being fat boys. I had you both tagged in my head as young and slim.

Good luck with the weight loss, I'm trying it atm, but am a bit of a junk food junkie, and its hard to break the habit.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2011, 11:23:05 AM »

Lol @ milligan and ant being fat boys. I had you both tagged in my head as young and slim.

Good luck with the weight loss, I'm trying it atm, but am a bit of a junk food junkie, and its hard to break the habit.

Haha. You son of a bitch. Image of how i pictured you...

Tell me about it Dominos will shut down after a week of me not ordering.

Coggy few torrent sites have some versions of it, but if you want the proper stuff with the manuals etc have to stump up the cash.

Deadman, Alex etc = young and slim

Me = late 20s and Fat. Sigh. I say late 20s probs look early 40s but i always wear hats to try make myself appear younger. Was good at school as i could buy booze and go to 18 movies, but always got charged full fare on the bus.... sigh.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2011, 11:28:19 AM »

Haha. You son of a bitch. Image of how i pictured you...

Tell me about it Dominos will shut down after a week of me not ordering.

Coggy few torrent sites have some versions of it, but if you want the proper stuff with the manuals etc have to stump up the cash.

Deadman, Alex etc = young and slim

Me = late 20s and Fat. Sigh. I say late 20s probs look early 40s but i always wear hats to try make myself appear younger. Was good at school as i could buy booze and go to 18 movies, but always got charged full fare on the bus.... sigh.

Haha, quality picture... You dont know how close you are Wink

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2011, 04:07:12 AM »

Had a little check up of my br and its no less than $13.5k atm.

Unsettled at the moment because i am in the thrusts of uni and just hope to come out of it with a 2:2 really. Definately not what i should be getting but i think its a good result if i get it as i didn't really try this year with the distraction of poker. I think with poker i could hopefully make enough in the next 4/5 years to invest away from the game and develop something as a self employed person living a great life away from a 9-5.

If that falls through then i gave it a shot and i will refocus on mainstream ideas on how to creat a buck and i will be ahppy in myself i gave it all i had.

I made a spider graph just now with a list of all the things i want to see developed in my life and it was pretty interesting. Sub headings were, Poker, CV, family, social, health, writing, general goals and then i had lines sprouting from them to further develop each. Did a whole A4 page and have it there to serve as motivation to not waste any more time and try to be as productive as i can be in all of those places.

At the moment i am doing last minute revision for exams starting today at 9.30am and 1.30pm today. Should do ok in them. Had to break a torrid sleeping pattern to overturn a 3pm till 6am waking hours. So forced sleep at 10pm tonight and woke at 1 so have to stay up on that sleep now through the day which will be tough but i will manage

Been playing a little bit recently, have had a torrid time trying to qualify for a poker holiday but it just hasnt been happening i might give up on the cahse and concentrate on money prizepools instead.

I am thining about getting a 24 table set up all planned out. Two 24' monitors and tiling 12 tables on each screen. I can comfortably play 16 while tiling, and hopefully i will manage to play 24 correctly as well but i won't hold my breath. Regardless having two big monitors will help massively as i will have more space to play the tables i want.

I am excited about the possibility of getting comfortable with 24 tables though, the rb from the tournaments would be handsome, i would be playing the softest tournaments out there at the lower end of the runners spectrum but i will be pwning so hard i could be making a wonderful bit of wedge. I am dreaming of one day being able to win around £300 a day.

Obv unhealthy to have daily targets when playing multis but in terms of monthly or maybe yearly ones i wouldn't mind having targets, but i will not be taking them seriously so i think that is ok. The targets i will be taking seriously are the ones for volume whereby if i get the chance to play 24 tables over a 10 hour period i could be playing 50+ tournaments daily avg rake of each would probably be around $3 so the bonuses i could expect from raking $150 a day could be quite nice in itself.

Short term goal now is to study hard and get all my assessments out of the way as well, get a 2:2 or above, then plan my life incorporating poker, gym a decent social life and spending time with the famo, hopefully coupled with a decent revenue and I will be a very happy camper.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2011, 05:05:22 AM »

Yeah them Fizzy drinks are really bad for you, I have been drinking a lot fo redbull lately, and it's really bad for me, I was so addicted, I was in Nottingham for the monte carlo on the 2nd day, and literally walking around nottingham highstreet going mental, just because I couldn't find the shop that sold it - so sick!

Now summer is coming, I would recommend lots of salad stuff, you can easily make it and keep for a few days, so can still grind with no pressure of having to cook, that or a soup diet, which you can make in bulk - gl with whatever you choose..

Do you smoke at all? - I smoke heavily, and even if I walk up a stairway, I am breathless, it's terrible, last week I bought some clothes that are suitable for the gym, each day, I am putting it off, hopefully I will get there by next week :S

Gl with everything :-) WIN IT ALL

Thread hijack, sorry, but have you ever tried an electronic cigarette? I got one 3 weeks ago, and haven't had a real fag since. Feel so much better too. Still get the nicotine, just without the tar, carbon monoxide, 1000 carcinogens, and stinky fag smell. Plus you can get chocolate flavour (and any other flavour you can possibly think of, including about 30 tobacco varieties). And all in all, it'll cost me about 1/3 of fags ongoing.

No, I haven't where would you get these from??
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2011, 05:06:49 AM »

Unsettled at the moment because i am in the thrusts of uni and just hope to come out of it with a 2:2 really. Definately not what i should be getting but i think its a good result if i get it as i didn't really try this year with the distraction of poker. I think with poker i could hopefully make enough in the next 4/5 years to invest away from the game and develop something as a self employed person living a great life away from a 9-5.

If that falls through then i gave it a shot and i will refocus on mainstream ideas on how to creat a buck and i will be ahppy in myself i gave it all i had.

I made a spider graph just now with a list of all the things i want to see developed in my life and it was pretty interesting. Sub headings were, Poker, CV, family, social, health, writing, general goals and then i had lines sprouting from them to further develop each. Did a whole A4 page and have it there to serve as motivation to not waste any more time and try to be as productive as i can be in all of those places.

At the moment i am doing last minute revision for exams starting today at 9.30am and 1.30pm today. Should do ok in them. Had to break a torrid sleeping pattern to overturn a 3pm till 6am waking hours. So forced sleep at 10pm tonight and woke at 1 so have to stay up on that sleep now through the day which will be tough but i will manage

Been playing a little bit recently, have had a torrid time trying to qualify for a poker holiday but it just hasnt been happening i might give up on the cahse and concentrate on money prizepools instead.

I am thining about getting a 24 table set up all planned out. Two 24' monitors and tiling 12 tables on each screen. I can comfortably play 16 while tiling, and hopefully i will manage to play 24 correctly as well but i won't hold my breath. Regardless having two big monitors will help massively as i will have more space to play the tables i want.

I am excited about the possibility of getting comfortable with 24 tables though, the rb from the tournaments would be handsome, i would be playing the softest tournaments out there at the lower end of the runners spectrum but i will be pwning so hard i could be making a wonderful bit of wedge. I am dreaming of one day being able to win around £300 a day.

Obv unhealthy to have daily targets when playing multis but in terms of monthly or maybe yearly ones i wouldn't mind having targets, but i will not be taking them seriously so i think that is ok. The targets i will be taking seriously are the ones for volume whereby if i get the chance to play 24 tables over a 10 hour period i could be playing 50+ tournaments daily avg rake of each would probably be around $3 so the bonuses i could expect from raking $150 a day could be quite nice in itself.

Short term goal now is to study hard and get all my assessments out of the way as well, get a 2:2 or above, then plan my life incorporating poker, gym a decent social life and spending time with the famo, hopefully coupled with a decent revenue and I will be a very happy camper.

GL with your exams, hope you get the marks u want!! - keep up the good work on the pokerz, I would highly recommend the monitors, really helpful, and u will never look back :-)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2011, 05:55:37 AM »

GL with your exams, hope you get the marks u want!! - keep up the good work on the pokerz, I would highly recommend the monitors, really helpful, and u will never look back :-)

I want to never look back you are right. Dream is buying a property in london with cash and possibly getting into the buying and selling in that game, if not just buy a house for myself try and carry on playing poker for living expenses, want to somehow work out how to avoid working an honest minute in my life though. Granted working towards poker is long hours and takes dedication but i choose my hours and i love the game! Ah the dream. I hope it comes true.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2011, 06:23:05 AM »

I hope it does for you too, time, dedication, passion and discipline all work towards it being a success and you always show on here, how hungry u are for the success so imo, it's only a matter of time b4 ur crushing all the games u wanna play - gl with it all :-)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2011, 08:00:44 AM »

I hope it does for you too, time, dedication, passion and discipline all work towards it being a success and you always show on here, how hungry u are for the success so imo, it's only a matter of time b4 ur crushing all the games u wanna play - gl with it all :-)

ty. Wish i had the same conviction in my own abilities, there is no denying i want it bad though and am willing to commit the hours. I guess you are half way there then!
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2011, 08:45:39 AM »

Yeah them Fizzy drinks are really bad for you, I have been drinking a lot fo redbull lately, and it's really bad for me, I was so addicted, I was in Nottingham for the monte carlo on the 2nd day, and literally walking around nottingham highstreet going mental, just because I couldn't find the shop that sold it - so sick!

Now summer is coming, I would recommend lots of salad stuff, you can easily make it and keep for a few days, so can still grind with no pressure of having to cook, that or a soup diet, which you can make in bulk - gl with whatever you choose..

Do you smoke at all? - I smoke heavily, and even if I walk up a stairway, I am breathless, it's terrible, last week I bought some clothes that are suitable for the gym, each day, I am putting it off, hopefully I will get there by next week :S

Gl with everything :-) WIN IT ALL

Thread hijack, sorry, but have you ever tried an electronic cigarette? I got one 3 weeks ago, and haven't had a real fag since. Feel so much better too. Still get the nicotine, just without the tar, carbon monoxide, 1000 carcinogens, and stinky fag smell. Plus you can get chocolate flavour (and any other flavour you can possibly think of, including about 30 tobacco varieties). And all in all, it'll cost me about 1/3 of fags ongoing.

No, I haven't where would you get these from??

Lots of tinternet places. I'll send PM rather than pollute thread further.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2011, 11:54:28 AM »

Ure alright Rex especially as your trying to help spread the word on a product better than real cigarettes.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2011, 12:21:57 PM »

Non poker related.

Have had 3 hours sleep and been up for 12 hours, absolutely shattered. Just finished a 2 hour test this morning 9.30-11.30 and i think i should get the grade i wanted got two questions that i revised only for and they came in so was running good there. With the test i have from 2-4pm tonight i am not prepared for at all, I have about 50 pages of reading to do before 2 and its 12.18 atm to really be prepared, but i am going to get my skim reading on to try and help.

Doesn't help at all that i have a heavy cold/onset of flu coming on and i am in trouble in terms of concentration. Feeling light headed and tired and may fall asleep in the exam. Wouldn't be the end of the world but i need to make sure if this next test, accounting for 1/16 of my yearly grade, is bad i fail with the highest mark possible. Really going through the pain barrier here and am not giving up, know if i get through today knowing i tried my very best there is nothing else i could have done and i can lay my head to rest to sleep tonight with a smile on my face. So i'm to leave you now to get on with it, feel slightly more perky after writing this because i am thinking about my future brag posts of the future running away with 6 figure score brags. Would have to make a five figure one first! Haven't even done that! What tourney pro hasn't done that? lol

cyas
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2011, 12:03:56 AM »

went to bed for about 4 hours earlier, awoke and thought i would start a grind despite feeling quite ill. Its not gone well. Have overplayed AK twice with huge stacks, both times though i was a coinflip so not the worst thing in the world. Initiially i didnt feel too bad but now i feel terrible. Got 8 tables now and i am just going to try my best.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2011, 01:00:45 AM »

glglgl  on you getting the grades you want - What sites do you play?, and which sites do you prefer for mtt's personally?
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2011, 08:39:41 AM »

went to bed for about 4 hours earlier, awoke and thought i would start a grind despite feeling quite ill. Its not gone well. Have overplayed AK twice with huge stacks, both times though i was a coinflip so not the worst thing in the world. Initiially i didnt feel too bad but now i feel terrible. Got 8 tables now and i am just going to try my best.

Any good ?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: