blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:53:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191752 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 17, 2011, 09:50:19 AM »

made the last 20 of a 5k 10r on party last night had 35 bbs in the bb. Someone min raised from early pos, folded around to me and i called with 44. Flop 356 all clubs i had club. He has me covered and bets 4/5ths of pot i insta shove. Now when i am feeling better i normally might put a fold out there as its quite a strong move from him and i have too much chips to get involved with only a straight draw effectively with him telling me he has a higher club. He had 99 with one club and i didn't get there.

I also got hasty with other spots but it was a very loose game i was playing and i wasn't paying attention to the fine detail instead just going for it which meant i didn't do as well as i normally do. Would say i am about $300 down on the night and  i need a count up of the br later to confirm.

I have woken up this morning in a real bad state with a terrible throat and i really just want to feel better to start pwning some poker and make up for yesterday but i am not going to rush into it if if i still feel bad.

Dreenie i play on most of the old "euro" sites and have yet to test out the waters on pokerstars and full tilt but i will soon. I play exclusviely tourns with over 100 players as well and normally less than 500 so that makes me a multi table tourn player.

Disgusting timing with this illness, probably will have to wait 2 more days before i can play.

aksdhgsdkjghdfsigh
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2011, 10:03:04 PM »

had a very long sleep during the day and feel much better so i started playing.

For some reason i have had a tendency tonight to take all three bets as light and have 4 bet jammed always running into KK and AA, normally i get my fold on but i just was non believeing and i shouldnt have been in these spots.

have about 13 tourns left, will be in a spot if i dont cash for more than $1000 i would say. Still leaves me with a br of at least $11k

Not really been straying too much over a sensible buy in but its definately not being sensible.

Re-evaluating after tonight and getting stricter.
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2011, 10:16:12 PM »

Reval alias on ipoker?

Also could you post a schedule?

Thanks good luck
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »

Reval alias on ipoker?

Also could you post a schedule?

Thanks good luck

ty for the good luck.

Wont be revealing names that a lot of people on here don't already know. So basically that leaves only party/ftp/ps i can reveal and that is anupreturns, anuplander and anup returns.

Your user seems familiar?
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2011, 11:01:12 PM »

KidStrak on ipoker

Barely play on there though as its rare for me to play an evening/night and they have ruined the day time tournys which used to be ok.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2011, 12:45:02 AM »

down to my last five tabs.

Not really cashed at all and have been unlucky in spots, biggest single win available to me is $4.5k but i am lowly in that.

Here's to hoping.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2011, 01:22:01 AM »

just one left now and not looking forward to the br count up tonight!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2011, 07:00:35 PM »

well haven't counted the br just yet. Have had a rebate of £108 from barclays though because they withheld a poker withdrawal because it was put back through an inactive debit card and they were suspicious, so that is nice.

At the moment im just one tabling while constructing this essay due for tomoz about the film Halloween, its for my selective course (chose film for the soft touch obv).

Have to describe the gender construction of the Heroine and the villain. Pretty straightforward. If any of you have points towards this tell me and i will put www.blondepoker.com/forums in the bibliography ha!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »

good film that
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 21, 2011, 01:16:29 AM »

Well im on the rape tonight.

Details to follow.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 21, 2011, 06:00:40 AM »

Notable cashes were for 1250 Euros, $1500, $950, 430 Euros

I believe i was up $3500 for the night but my BR is at $13600 meaning i went on a pretty drastic down swing before this. Showing really i need to do my BR every night to make sure i don't get careless. Mind you i have spent quite a lot recently and as this is my life roll i would say on the poker front i could be about break even for a while now.

Will push on now uni is over and i am doing this for a living. Feel that i never tilt any more which is a great plus. I am very good at taking a bad beat and keeping at it to rebuild after a loss. I do however have a problem with shoving too light or making the mistake in shoving at all or calling too light in certain spots whereby if i gave myself another 3 seconds thinking time, instead of instant decisions, i would know what the correct play was.

Looking forward now to getting the second monitor in and commencing with at the very least 20 tables and hopefully work towards 24. At the moment 16 tables is a piece of piss and that is even with the use of a 15.4' monitor being used for 4 tables (the 24' monitor being used for 12). Any time i want to play more i cant because the laptop monitor is too small and i am having too much trouble playing more than 4 there. In overbooking emergencies though i have had 6 on there to make it 18 in total and that seemed ok.

Will repeat that if i get up and running on 24 tables which i am confident i will be good at doing, my rate of profit earning may shock me and i hope everything just clicks and i pwn hard

strak33

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 21, 2011, 03:10:40 PM »

Surely the not keeping proper track of your bankroll is so you can take shots and chalk it upto not being sure how much $$$ you have.

If you want to , it isnt hard to keep track close enough that means you cant lose $500 and be unsure why.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2011, 05:20:22 AM »

Surely the not keeping proper track of your bankroll is so you can take shots and chalk it upto not being sure how much $$$ you have.

If you want to , it isnt hard to keep track close enough that means you cant lose $500 and be unsure why.

You're right Strak i sub consciously don't look at my br so i can go a little bit crazy and let that affect my roll.

For this coming night however i am taking a calculated risk in terms of the tourns i am playing. My roll in the way i have my bankroll management set up is allowing me to play with a $65 average buy in so that's about 50 Euros as well. I am playing quite a few $109's tonight as it is Sunday and i fancy myself.

Anything over $109 buy in i am looking to satellite into. So i think of the shots i could be taking tonight this is a pretty tame one, however i am playing a lot of $109's! Gonna try and make sure there aren't too many tables on tonight because that could be a bit too detrimental to my ROI.

On another note i am doing a very sick bet for 300 Euros on the Premier League D day tomorrow. Got odds of over 4/1 for it and it involves Wigan not losing, Tottenham winning and Wolves winning for a very nice returns. The way i saw it was that i wouldn't be betting on sports again for a very long time as I only ever really bet on the Premier League so I am going for a big punt.

Looking forward to it. My grind starts at 1pm.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2011, 03:02:05 PM »

Sunday went at a break even level really. I had not slept the night before and did a massive bit of good damage prevention by unregistering from the big nightly tournaments because i would have failed.

The roll is at a little over $12.5k and the rate of me making monies has slowed partly because of the payments in my new set up and because i was concetrating a lot on my studies recently and it was always going to hinder me. The whole setup hopefully should be here by friday meaning i can get down to some serious grinding. Will probably invest in a new chair and maybe a new desk also but at the moment that isn't that necessary so hopefully I will take to the new 16-24 table format very well.

To be honest i think that i will settle on about 18 tables at a time because i might find that any more would break the camels back and if so 18 is still a vast amount of tables and if i was to play for my proposed 14 hours a day for 6 days a week i will be putting in huge volume. Would have to be careful as well to be playing lower buy ins to accommodate for the more buy ins i am making in case i go on an early downswing.

Promised to go on a two day cricket tour next week to Henley-on-Thames which should be fun and a nice getaway on monday til tuesday and on the saturday of that week its my birthday and i need to plan a family meal and a get together with mates somewhere.

I always under hype my birthdays and give no one any notice on whats going on but for my 23rd birthday next year i will make sure that isn't the case!

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »

i Could swear whenever A7 or lowere goes up against another A6 or lower that one of you have to hit your kicker by the river. Nearly every time!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: