blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 01:23:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272937 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191824 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 11, 2011, 01:27:42 AM »

Ah never mind about the me sounding different than when i write. It may not be apparent on what i have written on here so far but i often do talk more eloquently on here, and if you are thinking that must make me a complete mong in real life then you are probably right. Wouldn't mind amatay or greekstein putting up more of a decription, because my hunch could be self delusion.

As for tonight. I don't know if i am up or not BECAUSE i haven't counted my roll yet OK GUYS lol. Still have one tourn left which i am 8/13 in with $750 up top, but otherwise i should think i am up. As i cashed for $1200 and $750 elsewhere tonight and crucially made a lot of min cashes which shouldn't be overlooked.

Will have one last update tonight with how i got on in the tourn and with an updated br count. I may also walk 2 miles back and forth to the kebab shop to get some food cos i am starving Smiley
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 11, 2011, 04:50:01 AM »

Last few sessions have been pretty profitable i must say.

Annoyingly i think they could have been more so but i have been experimenting with different types of tournaments and really seeing what the perfect grind for me is with the max of around 16 tables at one time.

I need them all to be relatively similar in structure so that i don't get confused by how each plays. For example, i wouldn't like to mix and match too many turbos alongside deepstacks as this would only seek to annoy. Going to try and keep my grind to normal tourns and some turbos here and there and with the deepstacks, this is only for tourns with the biggest guarentees of the night so the patience would be justly rewarded with a bigger prize.

Did the br count just now and i have $13671 and its that precise as a big fu to all those br counting haters out there that like to have a go. Yeh. Have a look at that number. Rounded to 5 significant figures not 3 like you would expect.

Playing cricket in about 8 hours. Hope to try and be a lot better from my front foot and have been doing some leaning forward exercises with the bat to try and help myself out.

Anyway all in all pleased with how things are going. I'm yet to be settled on a grind and think as soon as i am i can expect quite nice and steady profits on a weekly basis because of my volume.
Steveswift

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 11, 2011, 03:52:38 PM »

Hi Great thread  and very interesting.

What UK time do u kick off ?

Steve
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 11, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »

Hi Great thread  and very interesting.

What UK time do u kick off ?

Steve

Cheers.

I kick off normally at about 16.30 UK time and finish between 03.00-04.00 for a solid 12 hour grind
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 11, 2011, 08:33:59 PM »

Nobody is hating you for not counting the roll.

I have only seen people trying to help tbh
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 11, 2011, 08:50:37 PM »

I hate you

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 11, 2011, 09:26:21 PM »

It was a level post if you are referring to this ....

"Did the br count just now and i have $13671 and its that precise as a big fu to all those br counting haters out there that like to have a go. Yeh. Have a look at that number. Rounded to 5 significant figures not 3 like you would expect."

I thought the part where i got into year 9 maths gave the plot away. My comedy is never too obvious. The fact you missed it has made me laugh, hope your not pissed off.

I hate you

Thats a real shame. Have only had a good word to say about you.

Is it because i am fat?

Am i the person you could be if you carry on the way you are with your laziness? An undoubted player but caged in the body of a chubster.

Is it the fear that has triggered this attack?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »

I hate you too.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2011, 02:57:09 PM »

I hate you too.

If its a personalised attack you are after your not getting one, clearly a cry for attention this. At least Amatay was original.

On to the grind and it is mahooooosive today. Nothing Bankroll destroying but it is out of my comfort zone. Rolled to play with $65 at any one time and i have bought in for a couple of $109's as it is sunday. All those higher than that i have gone for the satteliting route. I am playing a small normal grind to try and consolidate for these extravagances but it is mainly filled up with 20k+ gtds and sattellites into them.

I have had a very long sleep to prepare for this and woke up at 1pm, which is ideal. I hope things work out for me tonight.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 12, 2011, 05:24:25 PM »

I am very tired atm. I had a 10 hour sleep as well so don't quite understand this.

Concerned tbh. I think this is all the inactivity catching up with me. Will be changing my diet from now on and i know i wont be going gym daily but i hope at least twice a week.

As a consequence of me being so tired i am unregging from most of the tourns before 8, could be a blessing in disguise or it could be a complete r*pe. We'll see.

I need to hold out my eyelids for the the tourns i am still in as well btw!
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 12, 2011, 05:38:48 PM »

I am very tired atm. I had a 10 hour sleep as well so don't quite understand this.

The more you sleep the tired you wil feel you numptay. Go and have a run and stop eating kebabs

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 12, 2011, 06:24:40 PM »

The more you sleep the tired you wil feel you numptay. Go and have a run and stop eating kebabs

yeh will be running and no more kebabs, but cant do anything now too deep in these tourns. Feeling better now but finsishing regging early. Still get a hefty chink of tourns in though so its ok.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 12, 2011, 06:55:01 PM »

Do u wanna come spinning with me and andy tomorrow?

Hope this falls within enough notice of your one day rule.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 12, 2011, 06:58:51 PM »

cos and andy spinning 

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 13, 2011, 05:57:56 AM »

cos and andy spinning 

nice made me laugh when i saw it earlier.

Right, about tonight's grind. I am down $1500. I was doing ok until i had a can of red bull and i got way too edgy. Slumped out of the two party majors because of this and even my desperation bid to crack open a bottle of magners to calm me was in vein but made sure i didn't lose more.

Why i drank the red bull i don't know. It never has sat well with me. It was the only drink within reach of me so i went for it, bought a couple of cans when i had to stay up to break a bad sleeping pattern.

Today i don't care what time i get up or if it means i am eating into my grinding time i WILL be going to the gym and i WILL be cutting out all shit food and drink. No caffeine either as i don't think i can handle it during a grind when i need to concentrate, i am already pretty wired as it is. I am quite a hyperactive person that can't sit too still to be honest and it sorta helps with the grinding so really don't need any help!

I am counting my days as a pro from this day forward and i hope that i can never say i had a bad day at the office because each time i sat down i was prepared and ready and could have no excuses. If i make mistakes while playing so be it, everyone does, but i don't want to be saying it was tiredness that made me irritable. Exercise will help me last longer (wahhheyyy) and i have never had a spell in my life where i have been fully fit so WHEN i get there it will be a new and interesting feeling.

Been living off dregs in that regard most of my life and have made the most of being unfit, maybe things will be a lot easier being fitter.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: