blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:00:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191748 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2011, 01:48:52 PM »

Got absolutely wasted in Croydon last night. Was on the jagerbombs and cider. Pretty deadly combo.

Plan for tonight is get my grind on. I am trying to sort out my holdem manager finally but i am having big issues with not knowing the password of my postgresql account and every attempt i have made to sort it hasn't helped. Gonna be trying to get to the bottom of that before i get my grind on from 5. Might get another nap in as well cos i didn't get much sleep at my mates.

Should really go gym today but might just have a warm up jog in the garden followed by a dumbell session in my room.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 15, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »

Croydon. Old school. That used to be my stomping ground. I got a life time ban from Blue Orchid. Was back there a couple of years back but ended up going Tiger Tiger. GL with the grind.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 15, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »

Croydon. Old school. That used to be my stomping ground. I got a life time ban from Blue Orchid. Was back there a couple of years back but ended up going Tiger Tiger. GL with the grind.

Cheers. I went to the spreadeagle, weatherspoons, green dragon and ended the night in reflex where the drinks were incredibly cheap and when my song comes on in there shit goes down. Tis a particular rap riddum that one might say is delightful. Oooops may have given it away.

Decided i may only play 12 tables at a time tonight because i think if i play any more that i would really need the help of a holdem manager HUD. Big problems with mine atm though. Every thread on the holdem manager forum offers solutions to my problem but they say that i need to locate a .conf file that is missing on my computer for me to be able to change the password. Bloody nightmare.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 15, 2011, 07:08:58 PM »

I doubt anyone changes their mind as much as you.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2011, 08:31:33 PM »

lol i only 6 tabled tonight.

Last night caught up with me
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2011, 08:38:04 AM »

lol i only 6 tabled tonight.

Last night caught up with me

and ? Results ?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »

Had a close shve in a $10k where i came 11th but i was down for the night.

Had connectivity problems all over and that was another reason i unregistered from a lot of em.

Another big grind tonight and i am feeling really good about this one. Hope i pull off some multi binks in one night like i have done in the past!
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »

Had a close shve in a $10k where i came 11th but i was down for the night.

Had connectivity problems all over and that was another reason i unregistered from a lot of em.

Another big grind tonight and i am feeling really good about this one. Hope i pull off some multi binks in one night like i have done in the past!

And ? results ?

lol, standard post from me this is
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 17, 2011, 06:30:05 PM »

every time there is a delay in me posting results it ihas been bad night lol

I don't think i could have played better yesterday. Vital coinflips never went my way and i bricked everything. I didn't let it affect me the whole night through but it was just jokingly not my day. I am not playing immediately tonight instead deciding to go to the gym and to finally try to get to the bottom of my holdem manager problem.

There was one spot that could be seen as tilt. On the bubble of a $15k gtd tourn i called down an all in on the flop with only a flush draw after i had 1/3 of my stack already invested. If i was to fold i would have had 10 bbs and an ability to cash and find a better pushing spot, but if i was to get lucky there i would have been on for a much higher finish. Just weren't meant to be.

I have also noticed that a lot of my positive results have been coming from turbo tournaments. I seem to know when to push and fold in the right spots and when tp take advantage of limpers in front with an all in or when not to because a limp is an obvious sign of a huge hand. I think i have an edge over a lot of people with this, so i might give the turbo only grind a whilr tomorrow night before i try in the big tournaments again.

I will have to be playing much lower than i would like to though because yesterday has meant i have to drop down to $40fs. So i am going to allow all 10rs of any currency and maybe a cheeky $50f, but most definately no $100fs.

I may play a late grind tonight if i get bored but would really like to have my HUD set up first.

Also a big shout out to my mate Ben Dobson for binking a deal at the Venetian deepstack extravaganza for $25k. He has now set the bar a lot higher for me to go and crush next year when i hopefully go to vegas.
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 17, 2011, 07:07:50 PM »

Would you say that is a fold with just the flush dra then ?

I'm never sure in those spots as I assume it's close but tend to take the spin with probs 40%ish to go for thedeep run.  Also, you don't know that you might get a better spot and then min cash and I dont like playing to min cash (different in a turbo when around the bubble 10BB is probs an av stack
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »

that tourn wasnt actually a turbo and it was literally two off the money as well $150 min cash would have been tasty.

Yeh it was relatively close. I went for it and it didn't pay off. o well. I just really hope this sunday i get a big bink to set me up and to stop worrying about the tourns i want to play in and know i am profitable in. That is the way of the world though and i have to roll with the punches and drop down levels where i need to. Just frustrating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 18, 2011, 12:06:51 PM »

Since my last count up i have lost $2800.

That was in one and a half sessions and my bankroll is now at $8300.

I did have a bit of a gamble in my last bit of play but i can't put a fault too wrong with what i did do when i played just really that i probably didn't account for such bad luck. It was terrible what i came up against and with the volume i put in i don't expect not to make a deep run in at least one tournament.

Not going to take it personally but i am going to take a definite step back in how i keep on pushing at the ceiling of the safe max buy ins i should be having and instead always be safely under it to leave leeway for a terrible night. This means now i am going to play a quite a bit lower than my br suggests i should all the way to a nice and safe $40k bankroll. I think when i hit that, with the tournaments i play, i needn't worry too much with the $100fs and $22rs that i would love to play and am successful in.

Just need patience now. I realise i hit hard luck in my last outing and now i think i am reacting maturely to the situation and entering back in some $22fs that i thought i saw the back off for good when my br hit $14k but not so because i have been pushing way too hard on the limits of the br, so good enough to me that this has happened.

Slightly concerned about the yo yoing at this time though i must admit. I think more than ever before i am feeling the harshness of a downswing despite huge volume and i haven't had such a dry stint like this before. I sort of thought that a prolonged downswing was only ever there because of the bad reaction of the player to maintain the bad form. However, what i am feeling right now is just cold, hard, downswingage and rightfully i am taking much better precautions now to nurture a very small life roll.

Cheers
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 19, 2011, 12:49:54 AM »

It was terrible what i came up against and with the volume i put in i don't expect not to make a deep run in at least one tournament.

I sort of thought that a prolonged downswing was only ever there because of the bad reaction of the player to maintain the bad form.
Do you think you think about MTTs in the right way? I am surprised you expect to make a deep run with every session you play. Some 180 man turbo players on Stars have 50+ buyin downswings often.

Good luck with dropping down. Maybe set out some BR guidlines in the thread that you could try and stick to?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 21, 2011, 04:10:43 AM »

It was terrible what i came up against and with the volume i put in i don't expect not to make a deep run in at least one tournament.

I sort of thought that a prolonged downswing was only ever there because of the bad reaction of the player to maintain the bad form.
Do you think you think about MTTs in the right way? I am surprised you expect to make a deep run with every session you play. Some 180 man turbo players on Stars have 50+ buyin downswings often.

Good luck with dropping down. Maybe set out some BR guidlines in the thread that you could try and stick to?

Cheers for the input lewis

You are right i should be more open with my br management so i could use your guys help but i am going to do something quite weird now in depositing on only one site where i find myself to be competant and just playing on there. Hopefully it will be easier for me to make more money doing this as multi tabling will b easier and it will take the stress away from having to readjust to every table i am playing on because of its look and structure.

In playing one site however i will be playing a vast range of tournaments not necessarily within safe br limits and i am honestly having a gamble to get out of this rut initially that is all i can say. I believe my bankroll is at about $7k i haven't bothered counting but it really isn't less than that from memory and i am going to play a hefty nightly grind of about $1k on the new proposed site. Which basically means i need a good start and fast and i have to hope it happens for me.

The protocol will be if i have one bad session i will instantly revert back to what i find to be the boring constraints of playing carefully with my bankroll. I may decide to get backing or actually play within my means, but by playing on one site and one that i am decent on i think that will help with concetrating.

I know this is generally wrong to do but i am openly having an initial gamble to get going and if it doesnt work i am off to the boring careful grind to get me up and running.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 21, 2011, 04:15:56 AM »

In addition i was at wimbledon today.

It got rained off by about 4.30 and we left by 6, before that thought i watched some good tennis. Mainly from the outside courts but i caught a bit of the cilic ljubicic match and boy can the latter serve. 137mph looks so quick and i know roddick can go faster which is mental. Got the tickets because my friends brother is going out with a female umpire and she gets first dibs of ground tickets which aint half bad. Now and again she sorts us out with centre court as well and i believe we will be watching some tomorrow. Smiley

Does get a bit boring after a while though watching tennis. Unless it is a good game or its fit women.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: