blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272594 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 188412 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 17, 2011, 12:35:54 AM »

Ant, your full of shit.

be more constructive?
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 17, 2011, 01:06:32 AM »

Ant, your full of shit.

Trying to spot the joke and failing, all I have got so far is a grammatical error.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 17, 2011, 01:12:21 AM »

Ant, your full of shit.

Trying to spot the joke and failing, all I have got so far is a grammatical error.

lol nice work
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 21, 2011, 03:21:01 PM »

pretty boring life atm up until my hols on monday.

Played 14 tournaments last night varying from $5r to $15r and $10f to $30f and cashed 5th in a $2500 gtd for $200 4th in a $800 gtd (very small tourn i know) 8th in a $1400 gtd and a min cash or two and it turned out i basically broke completely even.

I think there were two glaring mistakes, one where i had 109 suited in the small blind and only 6 bbs left and it folded to the dealer button, with only 5 left and he raised 2.5 bbs and i shoved thinking I can't be in too bad a shape against any hand and could probably get the bb out. The structure of the table was 3 big stacks with about 40 bbs each and one other with 7 bbs. Turns out it is just me and the dealer all in and my 109 doesnt catch up to his QK. With the other relatively short stack on the table and my open shove blufs getting through with folds even with 6 bbs i should have waited a little bit. Got allured by the prettiness of 109 suited.

Had some bad beats as well where i would have been in a very promising spot in a couple of tourns but i never look to bore you with that as they are always boring to read. Trying to think of other mistakes. Ah yeh the min open bet from dealer button i sometimes get restless in the sb with a KJ sort of hand and rr all in when i have about 12 bbs but they always seem to have an Ax and call. I think i need to realise if i feel awkward about a spot and think it is a trap i should just get out and not do what i think is "right" to do.

Not sure when i am next playing but i would hope i get a nice bink when i do, but i am just going to try to keep to 12 tables and play good poker, if i am reducing out and out mistakes to only two a night that is normally good for me, but need to get that down to 0. Mistakes being moves that really have no feasible logic behind them, not something that had a good thought process behind it but turned out to be wrong.

Be fair to say i am going through a dry spell, but i think its dawning on me that the past 4 years of poker play i have done hasn't been anywhere near as good as it could have been mainly because of my fascination with playing 16 tables. I know i can play 12 effectively knowing the history of what is going on on each table pretty well, but when i add anymore, the stress levels go up and i am playing very abc and tightening up and just letting myself get bullied. I noticed in the past it has been when i am near the end of any night when i have less tables i always play much better than when i have 16, so much so i think when i have 16 tables i may well be a losing player. But i always made up for it with a good end game with the tourns i had left. So i am now really being careful at not instant registering for every tourney i like but making sure i don't go above 12 as i will see my winrate go up with an improved end game.

Sorry if you read this, bloody long and not much going on in it post!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 21, 2011, 05:10:45 PM »

Forgot to mention i am sweating $2.6k on the Full Tilt Fiasco and i really need that to come through for me. If it doesn't not the end of the world, but with this downswing and slight carelessness with money i have had recently it would be a welcome injection.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 22, 2011, 09:06:23 PM »

Quite a long spilling my guts out post coming out that i hope gets a lot of responses. Going out to drink first. Expect it at 2ish tonight.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 23, 2011, 01:05:56 AM »

Quite a long spilling my guts out post coming out that i hope gets a lot of responses. Going out to drink first. Expect it at 2ish tonight.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Smiley
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 23, 2011, 03:58:28 AM »

Too drunk to post now will do probably Sunday morning. Apologies for the wait.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 23, 2011, 04:02:46 AM »

You haven't had enough to drink if your sensible enough not to post Smiley
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 23, 2011, 05:23:26 AM »

You haven't had enough to drink if your sensible enough not to post Smiley

Lol. Don't ever want to feel that drunk then! First time I ever got drunk I got completely wasted and it made me learn always to ease off when relatively trollied. Simply didn't post because I knew I wouldn't give it justice. Talking enough here I may aswell br posting it! Smiley
lederers accountant
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 26, 2011, 04:54:45 PM »

Forgot to mention i am sweating $2.6k on the Full Tilt Fiasco and i really need that to come through for me. If it doesn't not the end of the world, but with this downswing and slight carelessness with money i have had recently it would be a welcome injection.

that 2.6k sits there well 
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 29, 2011, 04:30:42 AM »

Can hardly see. Completely fcuked. Got the onset of flu from a.random in a rave in Magaluf. Still find time to come on here though. My life is great. Speaking so well for being as drunk as I ever felt before. I'm bemoaning my luck for waking up tomoz. Will give up excessive drinking etc.

Will.probably start again tomoz though. Sad
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 30, 2011, 02:07:35 AM »

Didn't drink all day today as flu is on me hardcore. Two nights left after this one I hope I feel better tomoz. Will go all out, but I think this illness might ruin the holiday.

So far this week I have watched dizzie rascal, Calvin Harris and tinie tempah with a bit of Nero and frisco at mallorca rocks and BCM and has been good

Tonight I went out on the strip despite feeling so ill, as I don't want to let down the lads. I thought a reverse bungee slingshot thing would liven me up and it sorta did. Did the other ride there aswell but was sickly. All my mates wanted to go on neither which was rather pumtang of them.

I lasted another 20 mins bought a water and then gtfo and into my hotel room now. No air con, this place is having a laugh. Too hot to sleep. All the signs of flu. Limbs ache, have a high temp,slightly dizzie and a bad headache. Can hardly stand really as its pain. Will stop the illness moaning hopefully this improves when I wake up tomoz then I will have the best night of my life (why not at least have that attitude eh?).
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 31, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »

Flu has done me completely. Back tomoz. Gonna spend all of today in bed. Next post will be about where I am at pokerwise and my plan with that. Probs expect that late next week.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 31, 2011, 11:50:47 PM »

Flu has done me completely. Back tomoz. Gonna spend all of today in bed. Next post will be about where I am at pokerwise and my plan with that. Probs expect that late next week.

dont bother mate, that plan will only change within 48 hrs.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: