blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 190351 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 08, 2011, 02:21:58 AM »

i use bricking in terms of not going as far as i wanted to. Obv the wrong use of the word and will make sure i just say i only min cashed some of the last ones, yeh but really annoying mate, should be up quite a lot more! You play tonight?
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 08, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »

I think another way to look at it is...you've won $330 playing low BI small field MTT's.  Glass is half full sir and some days you will min cash, lose flips late and get donks sucking out on ya.  It's super standard.  Obviously you'll also have days similar where you lose bunce, but it's a longer haul thing.  Stop panicking and think more positively.

A pessimist is always alone. An optimist is always two people away from a threesome..

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 08, 2011, 11:59:04 AM »

I think another way to look at it is...you've won $330 playing low BI small field MTT's.  Glass is half full sir and some days you will min cash, lose flips late and get donks sucking out on ya.  It's super standard.  Obviously you'll also have days similar where you lose bunce, but it's a longer haul thing.  Stop panicking and think more positively.

A pessimist is always alone. An optimist is always two people away from a threesome..

Well cheers there.

I'm happy with last night, don't think I could change much in my approach as I played as well as I knew how. I will develop my game because I am going to study more and with this hopefully things will become easier and I turn seconds into firsts and really hone in in the leaks I have. But I am very happy coggy, two nights and about 600 quid when I'm outlaying only a small amount, result! I just get frustrated when you get 4th or final table bubbles where you are unlucky and one more prize jump would be lovely on ure profits list.

Obviously I have dealt with this as you have to instantly while you play but I do leave some time to reflect after a session on what could have been. Then I quickly remember that the only reaason that I got my highest score of the day is because I was a complete luckbox. So swings and roundabouts! If you think I am panicking I'm clearly giving off the wrong vibes. Tbh I'm naturally an optimist. I still think crystal palace are getting promoted this year and we can't even beat Peterborough.
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 08, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »

Well cheers there.

I'm happy with last night, don't think I could change much in my approach as I played as well as I knew how. I will develop my game because I am going to study more and with this hopefully things will become easier and I turn seconds into firsts and really hone in in the leaks I have. But I am very happy coggy, two nights and about 600 quid when I'm outlaying only a small amount, result! I just get frustrated when you get 4th or final table bubbles where you are unlucky and one more prize jump would be lovely on ure profits list.

Obviously I have dealt with this as you have to instantly while you play but I do leave some time to reflect after a session on what could have been. Then I quickly remember that the only reaason that I got my highest score of the day is because I was a complete luckbox. So swings and roundabouts! If you think I am panicking I'm clearly giving off the wrong vibes. Tbh I'm naturally an optimist. I still think crystal palace are getting promoted this year and we can't even beat Peterborough.

Sigh,,,,, Palace fan = no more feedback from down the road on the Costa !!!!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 08, 2011, 03:48:10 PM »

Uh oh live in brighton and support them do we?

I can change. Smiley
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 08, 2011, 04:02:20 PM »

lol Cogs, the great philosopher

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 08, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »

Well these riots are getting dangerously close to where I live. If anything is about to go down, Obv joining forces with Greekstein who lives up the road.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 09, 2011, 02:22:59 AM »

Well they hit my hometown tonight, and in true journalistic fashion i just bopped down to have a look at what was going on. They smashed the glass doors to the londis and ransacked the place, apparently not getting away with too much money from behind the till when i asked the bemused worker about what happened. He said around 20 of them rushed in and took all sorts of things. Maybe they did take the money behind the counter and this guy was just trying to hold some pride that he held them off, i don't know.

Beside it is a pharmacy. This was in a much poorer state and hopefully below i can attach some pictures of it. Massive pane of glass had been kicked in, they went in and made a lot of mess and assume that a lot of them went into the drug section at the back where most of the expensive prescription drugs are. When i got there to take pictures apparently the shop was left bare for anyone to walk into for about an hour, but when i got there to take pictures, there were at least 5 police officers there orchestrating workmen who were putting up makeshift windows. Oh how those guys are on to make a lot of money tonight. The police were also pretty casual as i was taking 3 pictures, instantly thought i would be told to f off or that my phone would be taken if i was to record this mess in anyway but if i would have asked one of them to move for a better shot i think they would have!

The third place which was across the road and i didn't get a very good look at was a post office which the bottom half of the doors were caved in through i assume excessive kicking and ramming. What did they think they were honestly going to get in there? It is like a bank with all the safes around the back well guarded, was a complete silly move and i didn't take a closer look as i was actually pissed off that these rioters weren't even thinking properly there. Obviously i know they may not generally be the brightest bunch but this got to me.

On the way home i passed a less saturated spot in terms of shops where there was really a very small chance that any rioters would be interested in looting, but found my local newsagents donning a pretty powerful sign. So much so it did take me aback quite a bit as i took a pic of it. I think the shop closed and a disgruntled regular of the place might have put it on as a big statement to any potential idiots.

I think that the trouble in East Dulwich involved only three incidents as i had a good look around and many bars remained open but would be interested to find out if anything else happened. Anyway the pics are below (hopefully), if you can't see them i had trouble uploading them on here and you are welcome to see them on my twitter @antgaughan

Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 09, 2011, 08:41:33 AM »

I can change. Smiley

born and bread in Brighton Sweetheart ;-)

WE HATE PALACE, WE HATE PALACE

(Chelsea fan really (long story) but obviously living down here all my life I was brought up watching the mighty stripes at the Goldstone, which you youngsters might know as a retail park !!!)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 11, 2011, 01:00:59 AM »

I can change. Smiley

born and bread in Brighton Sweetheart ;-)

WE HATE PALACE, WE HATE PALACE

(Chelsea fan really (long story) but obviously living down here all my life I was brought up watching the mighty stripes at the Goldstone, which you youngsters might know as a retail park !!!)

Don't know much about brighton fc history so all of that is lost on me despite being a "youngster" of sorts Smiley You did catch a very jammy win on the weekend but i do like to see that the atmosphere in there was good against Doncaster as it will be roaring against the Palace. Lets not hope there is too much trouble in and out of the ground and also that we don't beat you by too much, you have only just got into that stadium after all Smiley

On to tonight, and i did a pretty big grind from 18.00-00.00 with only one tournament left as we speak. I played three sites was £100 up on two but bombed completely on the other losing about £150, so as it stands i am down £50. 25/70 in the last one with £640 up top.

Made only a couple of mistakes that i noticed, but starting to feel that i haven't got the best rebuy strategy. Normally always a little bit too tight in the rebuy period and don't splash out and gamble as much as i should be doing. Normally i only have the double rebuy and add on stack going into the non rebuy period as opposed to quite a hefty one. Need to really loosen up here and experiment i feel. Also best to be comfortable with the amount of the rebuy, being able to reload all the time if needs be because i would be so much more effective with a bigger stack going into the mid stages of a tourney that i should be liberal with the amount of rebuys i am prepared to do.

May have to start at the micro rebuys then to play these types of tourns effectively, but i am being very patient and i am happy with how things are going i know i got done over tonight in late stages when under pairs were setting against my overpairs all in pre flop, but its all so standard that i cannae be bothered to talk about each incident intricately.

Will just say these last three playing nights i have felt in the best form of my life, playing very aggro, opening a lot of pots when i have a big enough stack to, open shoving what i believe to be in good positions (probably should check sngwhiz to get it all completely on point) and when i get down to the end of tourns on final tables i ladder well and stay nice and aggro to stay afloat instead of see my stack dwindling. If i have the biggest stack i normally stay the bully to ensure i see showdown as little as possible.

Just building slowly back up to a comfortable bankroll so that i can look to make more profit in the bigger games. Being very careful about my buy ins now and making sure everything is correct on what i am laying for each night so hopefully i will see a gradual but steady increase to the BR without any heart attack inducing loss of 50% of my roll in any one night!

Took me a while to write that now 19/51 in the last tourn.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 11, 2011, 01:45:56 AM »

35 quid down for the night. Meh.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 11, 2011, 04:32:02 AM »

The last post sounds like i am upset and im not really, if i were to keep going with basically a break even night like tonight, and two other stonking nights profit wise every time i played mtt's i would be more than happy and that is now what i am going to expect because variance allows for you to plan for things. Smiley
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 11, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »

Three sites , £100 up on 2 and £150 down on the other? £50 up surely?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 11, 2011, 01:46:41 PM »

Three sites , £100 up on 2 and £150 down on the other? £50 up surely?

100 up collectively on those two sites not on each one and then by the end of the night 135 down on the other. Should have made that clearer.

Up "early" today on only 6 hours sleep, want a medal for not going for my usual disgusting 10 hour sleep, probably writing this will make me tired and I will just nod off.....
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 11, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »

as is palace will beat the albion....lmao...defo up early and still dreaming obv
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: