blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 11:07:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272935 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191789 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: October 18, 2011, 12:01:55 AM »

i see i might start doing something similar to you thats all. grinding aroll on dtd atm and its going well atm

just wanted to see what sites ur grinding on cos i think we might play similar schedules

probs abit lower than u tho

Good point i thought it was a 80k gtd, 7000 euros is close enough to five figures when converted to $ anyway!

Ah nice. Had any big scores on there recently?

not big big
 lots of 300-500 range

Well there is only one tournament a week on there where you can get into 5 figures, so you are doing well. My perceiving of big means 500 scores, i only ever play tourns with a max 1st place of at most about 1500. Only ever had a highest online score of $7500, which is pretty small considering i have been playing tournaments solidly for 4+ years, but i think that shows you how much i only ever really play the small fields and with that score anyway i think it was a 140 manner 90 cubed

My confidence is rock bottom at the moment, need to get the enjoyment back from the game, that will only come when i get my head around the changing dynamic of tourn poker. Trying to relive the olden days when things were much simpler, 3 bets meant they had it and the min open bet just never happened. Need to get with the program or be left behind!

I'm prone to throwing the toys out of the pram btw, probably will shut up moaning with a bit of kind variance.

what tourney gives u 5 fig score? the 50k head hunter thats only 7k FTW but its a good tourney that
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 18, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »

Just realised the last message was blank, was just going to day 7000 euros is close enough to a 5 figure score when converted to $.

I'm decently rolled atm to play all the low - medium stake tourns I want, but I am to watch some training bods and sort the hud.

Off to watch the palace tonight aswell, if we win its our best start to a campaign in 6 years, up the eagles!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 18, 2011, 04:20:46 PM »

*training vids. Predictive text!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 25, 2011, 01:34:57 AM »

9/44 in a 55f on pokerstars, name anup returns if u fancy a rail, would love the $2k bink!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 25, 2011, 02:28:29 AM »

out 2 from the bubble with QK<A6 9 bbs shove. ouch.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 30, 2011, 11:59:40 PM »

Search player name "anup returns" on pokerstars if you wanna see how to mess up a 15/214 with $13k ish FTW
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 31, 2011, 12:53:03 AM »

72/83
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 31, 2011, 01:17:03 AM »

and out in 60th!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 20, 2011, 01:32:16 AM »

Finally playing a grind that i feel i have a great edge in and have been winning consistently. Will be interesting to see how i get on over a very long sample, but i have a clear strategy now with the tourns i play and i am very comfortable.

Made sure the tourns i play are of the same ilk because before they all had different structures and i was playing turbos like slow structures and slow like turbos too often and i would be making confused plays.

Made things simple and i am enjoying it. Think i might be happy because of a bit of kind variance though, so i can only really judge if i have picked a good grind after 6 months maybe.

Being careful with the bankroll which is great and my upbeat outlook about this new grind is rubbing off on the play. Been climbing up the limits pretty quickly and have myself playing 55 dolla tourns as my average. Will post up how days get on without trying to make it too boring.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 21, 2011, 08:42:14 AM »

I set the line at 4 sessions before you completely change everything again

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 21, 2011, 10:16:27 AM »

i'll take unders

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 21, 2011, 06:48:10 PM »

i'll take unders

lol good stuff.

in more detail its me playing only quicker structured tourns, 5 mins blinds and the sort with steep blind increases. have tried playing pokerstars turbos but i find these too slow, do like their 2x turbo rebuys and hyper turbos though and despite the 82 dolla ones being a bit rich im adding them to my grind because they fit right into the type of tourn i wanna play.

probably a reaction to me not being the best poker player tbh, wanting to avoid the slower structures and deep post flop play to just hurl my chips in pre flop and make wide calls to those i feel are at it. i hope to build my roll up in this way and only go back to the slower tourns once i get to the bottom of my leaks because i am pretty terrible. probably a lot to do with my patience and if this improves the likelihood of me changing my grind once again, lol, is quite high.

gonna put up how much i am wagering each night along with how much i cash for, and any leaks in my play that i can improve for the next day.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 22, 2011, 01:12:24 AM »

Ur gonna go broke pretty quickly playing hyper turbs if you're not rolled to play them. Very high variance

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 22, 2011, 07:12:57 AM »

i'll take unders

lol good stuff.

in more detail its me playing only quicker structured tourns, 5 mins blinds and the sort with steep blind increases. have tried playing pokerstars turbos but i find these too slow, do like their 2x turbo rebuys and hyper turbos though and despite the 82 dolla ones being a bit rich im adding them to my grind because they fit right into the type of tourn i wanna play.

probably a reaction to me not being the best poker player tbh, wanting to avoid the slower structures and deep post flop play to just hurl my chips in pre flop and make wide calls to those i feel are at it. i hope to build my roll up in this way and only go back to the slower tourns once i get to the bottom of my leaks because i am pretty terrible. probably a lot to do with my patience and if this improves the likelihood of me changing my grind once again, lol, is quite high.

gonna put up how much i am wagering each night along with how much i cash for, and any leaks in my play that i can improve for the next day.

You've played 1000's of games. How is just playing more going to help you fix the leaks you admit to?

Why don't you actually do something proactive away from the table to get better?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 22, 2011, 10:07:41 AM »

i'll take unders

lol good stuff.

You've played 1000's of games. How is just playing more going to help you fix the leaks you admit to?

Why don't you actually do something proactive away from the table to get better?

I'm being proactive away from the table with my game as well as playing the turbos side by side. Can afford to do this because my turbo game is pretty good and I think I can turn a profit in them. I have been in the last two weeks, small sample I know but if I look back at the years I have been playing the structures built around pre flop play is where I have made most of my money.

Also means I can carry on turning a profit as I study the slower structures. It's very good that I can just relax and read into hh's and look at forum posts on how to play better without feeling I am still currently playing terribly. Also obviously work on my turbo game as well.

Not playing online tonight, playing live with mates but setting a lot of time today aside to do some poker revision.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: